Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The emotional over-reaction thread 23:13 - Apr 27 with 3904 viewspointofblue

I'm starting this because I know I'm probably the most guilty party of this on the forum. I know some (most.. all) of what I post is OTT, especially if we don't win, is over the top and comes from a place of emotion rather than rational thought.

So I'm going to do post this thread so I can get it all out of my system and hopefully mean I'm rational on other threads. To those who are prone to emotional reaction, please feel free to use it as well. To those who are not, this thread may not be for you.

Football... bloody hell.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

The emotional over-reaction thread on 09:33 - Apr 28 with 583 viewsFrimleyBlue

The emotional over-reaction thread on 09:32 - Apr 28 by bazza

I’m free to read and comment where I like , and I didn’t realise this was from yesterday when I started reading it, but either way , saying we’ve bottled it, is just ridiculous, and I never actually replied to your comment, so you could have not replied and bumped it back up again
Yourself.

Fair play.

Last time. Lol

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

The emotional over-reaction thread on 09:33 - Apr 28 with 588 viewsNeedhamChris

The emotional over-reaction thread on 09:18 - Apr 28 by bazza

Nah, this was just a thread to encourage criticism and negativity, on a team who have fought tooth and nail All season, have already secured the points on a normal season to have won promotion, and who at the start of the season we would have been happy to scrape sixth, just no need for this kind of Shiite.

There are some sorry souls spending their Sunday mornings desperate scrambling to find offense in something.

It's a thread on a forum, if it troubles you I'd advise just letting others get on with it.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

The emotional over-reaction thread on 09:37 - Apr 28 with 575 viewsSwailsey

I’ve historically not been a fan of Frimmer’s posting style, but this thread is the definition of unnecessary pile on. This is a thread for melodrama. Leave him alone.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

The emotional over-reaction thread on 09:39 - Apr 28 with 573 viewsRyorry

The emotional over-reaction thread on 09:24 - Apr 28 by FrimleyBlue

Perfect thread for after a game tbh.

It's on you if you then open it and read through it. You know you're 100% going to disagree with what ever us written so why just not open it.

I think it's a great thread. Allows you to vent and move on.

It's now Sunday I'm chilled. I don't feel any of the feelings u did last night. All good.

And the best thing is those feelings were written in this thread which will be forgotten about once people stop replying to posts within it about how they don't agree with the posts.

COYB!

Personally, I’ve no issue with people venting immediately post-match.

But saying the players “bottled it” is a grossly unfair and undeserved slur on them which people are quite rightly angry about and slapping down.

Those players have been running through walls for us, each other, KM and the Club, particularly at this end of season with injuries, debilitating illness, nutritional challenges (Sam and Ali) and exhaustion. Their bodies must sometimes be screaming at them to stop - yet they’ve carried on.

Sometimes feels like some on here have no ability to empathise.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

The emotional over-reaction thread on 09:40 - Apr 28 with 555 viewsFrimleyBlue

The emotional over-reaction thread on 09:39 - Apr 28 by Ryorry

Personally, I’ve no issue with people venting immediately post-match.

But saying the players “bottled it” is a grossly unfair and undeserved slur on them which people are quite rightly angry about and slapping down.

Those players have been running through walls for us, each other, KM and the Club, particularly at this end of season with injuries, debilitating illness, nutritional challenges (Sam and Ali) and exhaustion. Their bodies must sometimes be screaming at them to stop - yet they’ve carried on.

Sometimes feels like some on here have no ability to empathise.

As I said to flash I agree with you.

Last night however in my emotional mode. That's how I felt.

Waka waka eh eh

The emotional over-reaction thread on 09:44 - Apr 28 with 540 viewsbazza

The emotional over-reaction thread on 09:33 - Apr 28 by NeedhamChris

There are some sorry souls spending their Sunday mornings desperate scrambling to find offense in something.

It's a thread on a forum, if it troubles you I'd advise just letting others get on with it.

A sorry soul .. Okie dokie 😂
The emotional over-reaction thread on 09:49 - Apr 28 with 524 viewsbazza

The emotional over-reaction thread on 09:37 - Apr 28 by Swailsey

I’ve historically not been a fan of Frimmer’s posting style, but this thread is the definition of unnecessary pile on. This is a thread for melodrama. Leave him alone.

A pile on … 3 people directly replied to him FFS 😂
The emotional over-reaction thread on 09:54 - Apr 28 with 514 viewsSwailsey

The emotional over-reaction thread on 09:49 - Apr 28 by bazza

A pile on … 3 people directly replied to him FFS 😂

C’mon, you get my point. It’s a thread for melodrama. He says a fairly tame thing, and he’s the only one people really respond to. It’s just a bit sad.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Login to get fewer ads

The emotional over-reaction thread on 10:07 - Apr 28 with 494 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

The emotional over-reaction thread on 09:24 - Apr 28 by FrimleyBlue

Perfect thread for after a game tbh.

It's on you if you then open it and read through it. You know you're 100% going to disagree with what ever us written so why just not open it.

I think it's a great thread. Allows you to vent and move on.

It's now Sunday I'm chilled. I don't feel any of the feelings u did last night. All good.

And the best thing is those feelings were written in this thread which will be forgotten about once people stop replying to posts within it about how they don't agree with the posts.

COYB!

I don't get this need to post reactionary bat-sh!t drivel.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

The emotional over-reaction thread on 10:08 - Apr 28 with 492 viewspatrickswell

I posted a thread criticising Hladky on the first goal and got a load of abuse in return from the kinds of idiots who doubtless applauded us to relegation in 2018/19.

I missed the second half as I’m visiting my family this weekend and we went out at half time. I followed the score updates and based on those, could only conclude it was a humdinger of a second half. And then I get back to find people lamenting Hladky’s performance and blaming him for the third goal - which I haven’t seen yet. So, if a player consistently messes up in a game and costs us a big win, can we please recognise that said player has had a ‘mare and not get into SuperFan cock waving “He’s criticising one of our players. How dare you! You don’t deserve the season we’re having!” Well none of us deserve our keeper causing us to mess up ANOTHER opportunity to go into the top 2 and nail down promotion.

I’ve been patient and tried not to get too high or too low, what will be will be. But it will be unforgivable. if we throw it away from here. Get. It. Done.
The emotional over-reaction thread on 10:09 - Apr 28 with 479 viewsFrimleyBlue

The emotional over-reaction thread on 10:07 - Apr 28 by The_Flashing_Smile

You don't need to get it.

Mckenna wacked a dug out. I used a forum thread.

Waka waka eh eh

The emotional over-reaction thread on 10:12 - Apr 28 with 466 viewsSwailsey

The emotional over-reaction thread on 10:07 - Apr 28 by The_Flashing_Smile

Then stay away from a post which is clearly labelled as such. You don’t need to police the world.

The emotional over-reaction thread on 10:13 - Apr 28 with 464 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

The emotional over-reaction thread on 09:30 - Apr 28 by Swansea_Blue

I love it. Rant and rave when we concede and go nuts when we score/win. It’s what football’s all about and life must be pretty dull if you’re an emotional husk. So go for it. It’s the team’s job to remain grounded and dispassionate, not ours.

Doing those things in a football stadium, or in your lounge, are what football's all about. You don't need to desperately seek attention by typing it into a forum and clicking add reply.

The emotional over-reaction thread on 10:16 - Apr 28 with 449 viewsBluespeed225

Wish folks wouldn’t compare these 3 games as our ‘Peterborough, Barnsley, Exeter’. Seen that a few times, but Hull , Cov, are good sides with some proper players who know their way round this division or are, like Omari, on load from Prem sides. These are tough, tough games, no bullying them like we did last season’s opponents. We see this through and it’s up there with the best of this Clubs history. If not, please remember where we’ve come from and in what space of time. We’ve sold all our season tickets for next season already, we’ll sell the rest of the ground. It’s been magnificent, and we’ll be even better next season if we’re still in the Championship.
The emotional over-reaction thread on 10:16 - Apr 28 with 449 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

The emotional over-reaction thread on 10:08 - Apr 28 by patrickswell

I posted a thread criticising Hladky on the first goal and got a load of abuse in return from the kinds of idiots who doubtless applauded us to relegation in 2018/19.

I missed the second half as I’m visiting my family this weekend and we went out at half time. I followed the score updates and based on those, could only conclude it was a humdinger of a second half. And then I get back to find people lamenting Hladky’s performance and blaming him for the third goal - which I haven’t seen yet. So, if a player consistently messes up in a game and costs us a big win, can we please recognise that said player has had a ‘mare and not get into SuperFan cock waving “He’s criticising one of our players. How dare you! You don’t deserve the season we’re having!” Well none of us deserve our keeper causing us to mess up ANOTHER opportunity to go into the top 2 and nail down promotion.

I’ve been patient and tried not to get too high or too low, what will be will be. But it will be unforgivable. if we throw it away from here. Get. It. Done.

You're slating our keeper after a game you didn't see the second half of and haven't seen the 3rd goal yet?

Ok, seems reasonable.

The emotional over-reaction thread on 10:18 - Apr 28 with 426 viewsFrimleyBlue

The emotional over-reaction thread on 10:13 - Apr 28 by The_Flashing_Smile

Doing those things in a football stadium, or in your lounge, are what football's all about. You don't need to desperately seek attention by typing it into a forum and clicking add reply.

What's more attention seeking tho flash

Using a specific thread to vent

Or coming onto the specific thread to moan about the thread and its contents and clicking add reply.

Waka waka eh eh

The emotional over-reaction thread on 10:18 - Apr 28 with 432 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

The emotional over-reaction thread on 10:12 - Apr 28 by Swailsey

Then stay away from a post which is clearly labelled as such. You don’t need to police the world.

Feck you, you can't force me out, I must have my say, and anyway, I've seen you feck badgers.

The emotional over-reaction thread on 10:19 - Apr 28 with 421 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

The emotional over-reaction thread on 10:18 - Apr 28 by FrimleyBlue

What's more attention seeking tho flash

Using a specific thread to vent

Or coming onto the specific thread to moan about the thread and its contents and clicking add reply.

I'm just having an over-reaction to this over-reaction thread.

The emotional over-reaction thread on 10:22 - Apr 28 with 389 viewsFrimleyBlue

The emotional over-reaction thread on 10:19 - Apr 28 by The_Flashing_Smile

I'm just having an over-reaction to this over-reaction thread.

Then you should have an overreaction thread to an overreaction thread. I can then decide to counter your over reaction to the over reactions. Or create another over reaction thread to the overreaction thread to the overreaction thread.

:)

Waka waka eh eh

The emotional over-reaction thread on 10:22 - Apr 28 with 393 viewsNeedhamChris

The emotional over-reaction thread on 09:54 - Apr 28 by Swailsey

C’mon, you get my point. It’s a thread for melodrama. He says a fairly tame thing, and he’s the only one people really respond to. It’s just a bit sad.

Yep, agreed. The response to Frimmers is so disproportionate, but people love a mob.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

The emotional over-reaction thread on 10:23 - Apr 28 with 387 viewsbazza

The emotional over-reaction thread on 10:12 - Apr 28 by Swailsey

You also don’t need to defend it. It’s a forum for debate, not for people
To say. Let’s have a negative post, anyone positive can’t reply , come on now. To be fair it’s just the bottled it bit that’s probably annoyed people. Anyway , not up for an argument with fellow fans. COYB’s!!!!! … hope That’s allowed in this thread. Apologies if it’s to positive.
The emotional over-reaction thread on 10:24 - Apr 28 with 386 viewspatrickswell

The emotional over-reaction thread on 10:16 - Apr 28 by The_Flashing_Smile

You're slating our keeper after a game you didn't see the second half of and haven't seen the 3rd goal yet?

Ok, seems reasonable.

I haven’t slated him for the third goal. I slated him for the first goal, which I did see, and got a load of abuse for doing so. I get home to find most of the rest of the board criticising him for the third goal, which when taken in tandem suggests that the problem last night was the goalkeeper and not the fans who got upset at the goalkeeper messing up.
The emotional over-reaction thread on 10:27 - Apr 28 with 358 viewsbazza

The emotional over-reaction thread on 10:09 - Apr 28 by FrimleyBlue

You don't need to get it.

Mckenna wacked a dug out. I used a forum thread.

McKenna did that when the goal Went in, then came out after the match a rational man, and spoke well of town, hull And the players. As I said below, just found the bottled it a bit
Much, but in regards to commenting, starting a thread purely for negative comments and then saying people shouldn’t reply or should just ignore it, on a football forum. Come off it pal.
[Post edited 28 Apr 10:28]
The emotional over-reaction thread on 10:28 - Apr 28 with 351 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

The emotional over-reaction thread on 10:22 - Apr 28 by NeedhamChris

Yep, agreed. The response to Frimmers is so disproportionate, but people love a mob.

No, the response entirely justified. This is an overreaction thread.

The emotional over-reaction thread on 10:31 - Apr 28 with 333 viewsFrimleyBlue

The emotional over-reaction thread on 10:27 - Apr 28 by bazza

McKenna did that when the goal Went in, then came out after the match a rational man, and spoke well of town, hull And the players. As I said below, just found the bottled it a bit
Much, but in regards to commenting, starting a thread purely for negative comments and then saying people shouldn’t reply or should just ignore it, on a football forum. Come off it pal.
[Post edited 28 Apr 10:28]

Well yeah if I was a manager I would have smiled and said the same.

I can't answer for anyone else's comments, but for those who don't get the need.. you don't have to understand the need. But it was nice to have a thread to vent.

Waka waka eh eh

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024