Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The emotional over-reaction thread 23:13 - Apr 27 with 3905 viewspointofblue

I'm starting this because I know I'm probably the most guilty party of this on the forum. I know some (most.. all) of what I post is OTT, especially if we don't win, is over the top and comes from a place of emotion rather than rational thought.

So I'm going to do post this thread so I can get it all out of my system and hopefully mean I'm rational on other threads. To those who are prone to emotional reaction, please feel free to use it as well. To those who are not, this thread may not be for you.

Football... bloody hell.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

The emotional over-reaction thread on 10:31 - Apr 28 with 788 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

The emotional over-reaction thread on 10:24 - Apr 28 by patrickswell

I haven’t slated him for the third goal. I slated him for the first goal, which I did see, and got a load of abuse for doing so. I get home to find most of the rest of the board criticising him for the third goal, which when taken in tandem suggests that the problem last night was the goalkeeper and not the fans who got upset at the goalkeeper messing up.

You've slated him for the entire game. Which you didn't see, and haven't even seen the highlights of.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

The emotional over-reaction thread on 10:32 - Apr 28 with 789 viewsNeedhamChris

The emotional over-reaction thread on 10:13 - Apr 28 by The_Flashing_Smile

Doing those things in a football stadium, or in your lounge, are what football's all about. You don't need to desperately seek attention by typing it into a forum and clicking add reply.

Your inability to just let others have their own safe space for what they have admitted is ranting says more about you than any of them.

There are very few on this board who are less attention seeking than you, inserting yourself into just about every thread to try and stir the pot. I'd hope Phil and Gav would look at this thread and see who tried to limit their discussions to their own thread, and who felt so special they had to come on here and act as the thought police.

Whatever void getting your kicks baiting people on TWTD gives you, I hope you manage to fill it.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

The emotional over-reaction thread on 10:35 - Apr 28 with 756 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

The emotional over-reaction thread on 10:32 - Apr 28 by NeedhamChris

Your inability to just let others have their own safe space for what they have admitted is ranting says more about you than any of them.

There are very few on this board who are less attention seeking than you, inserting yourself into just about every thread to try and stir the pot. I'd hope Phil and Gav would look at this thread and see who tried to limit their discussions to their own thread, and who felt so special they had to come on here and act as the thought police.

Whatever void getting your kicks baiting people on TWTD gives you, I hope you manage to fill it.

Where have I not let others have their say? They can have their say... and I can respond to it.

Safe space?!?! Feck me. Grow a pair. Or don't post if you don't want people responding. The safe space is your own lounge shouting at the telly.

The emotional over-reaction thread on 10:37 - Apr 28 with 719 viewsFrimleyBlue

The emotional over-reaction thread on 10:35 - Apr 28 by The_Flashing_Smile

Where have I not let others have their say? They can have their say... and I can respond to it.

Safe space?!?! Feck me. Grow a pair. Or don't post if you don't want people responding. The safe space is your own lounge shouting at the telly.

Well actually I find its better to be able to vent here than show my emotions after a game with my family.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

The emotional over-reaction thread on 10:41 - Apr 28 with 700 viewspatrickswell

The emotional over-reaction thread on 10:31 - Apr 28 by The_Flashing_Smile

You've slated him for the entire game. Which you didn't see, and haven't even seen the highlights of.

I’ve slated him for a goal that I saw, and others have slated him for a goal that they saw.

It really isn’t difficult to grasp.
The emotional over-reaction thread on 10:48 - Apr 28 with 674 viewsBuhrer

The emotional over-reaction thread on 10:08 - Apr 28 by patrickswell

I posted a thread criticising Hladky on the first goal and got a load of abuse in return from the kinds of idiots who doubtless applauded us to relegation in 2018/19.

I missed the second half as I’m visiting my family this weekend and we went out at half time. I followed the score updates and based on those, could only conclude it was a humdinger of a second half. And then I get back to find people lamenting Hladky’s performance and blaming him for the third goal - which I haven’t seen yet. So, if a player consistently messes up in a game and costs us a big win, can we please recognise that said player has had a ‘mare and not get into SuperFan cock waving “He’s criticising one of our players. How dare you! You don’t deserve the season we’re having!” Well none of us deserve our keeper causing us to mess up ANOTHER opportunity to go into the top 2 and nail down promotion.

I’ve been patient and tried not to get too high or too low, what will be will be. But it will be unforgivable. if we throw it away from here. Get. It. Done.

Missing that second half?

Some people baffle me.
The emotional over-reaction thread on 10:55 - Apr 28 with 646 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

The emotional over-reaction thread on 10:41 - Apr 28 by patrickswell

I’ve slated him for a goal that I saw, and others have slated him for a goal that they saw.

It really isn’t difficult to grasp.

No. What you posted was: "If a player consistently messes up in a game and costs us a big win, can we please recognise that said player has had a ‘mare and not get into SuperFan cock waving “He’s criticising one of our players. How dare you! You don’t deserve the season we’re having!” Well none of us deserve our keeper causing us to mess up ANOTHER opportunity to go into the top 2 and nail down promotion."

The emotional over-reaction thread on 12:25 - Apr 28 with 572 viewspointofblue

Yeah, safe to say this hasn't gone exactly how I planned! But then again, in the cold light of day, is it healthy to have a melodramatic echo chamber which could feed into emotional negativity? I'm not sure. I'm going to continue to try and post any over-the-top thoughts in here to try and be rational across the rest of the forum, but can appreciate why others may want to counter them.

Login to get fewer ads

The emotional over-reaction thread on 14:36 - Apr 28 with 504 viewspeterleeblue

So here is mine because if I commit it to type then hopefully it wont happen.

We will lose 3-2 at Coventry in another "Classic".

We will coast to a 4-0 home win versus Huddersfield.

Leeds will be drawing going into 90+8 and will find the winner sending us into the play offs versus West Brom.
The emotional over-reaction thread on 15:09 - Apr 28 with 481 viewsRyorry

The emotional over-reaction thread on 10:32 - Apr 28 by NeedhamChris

The irony is that you yourself have been a willing participant in jumping onto many other threads in the past to have a go at people as part of a “pile on”, including a recent one that Phil deleted.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

The emotional over-reaction thread on 15:32 - Apr 28 with 450 viewsbazza

The emotional over-reaction thread on 15:09 - Apr 28 by Ryorry

The irony is that you yourself have been a willing participant in jumping onto many other threads in the past to have a go at people as part of a “pile on”, including a recent one that Phil deleted.

lol.. sounds a bit like double standards
The emotional over-reaction thread on 16:52 - Apr 28 with 406 viewsKropotkin123

Even though I came out of Hull very positive, I actually really like the title of this thread. You should do this more often. Contains it and demonstrates you are aware of the season's context. But still just want to get the frustrations you feel out.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

The emotional over-reaction thread on 19:07 - Apr 28 with 343 viewspatrickswell

The emotional over-reaction thread on 10:48 - Apr 28 by Buhrer

Missing that second half?

Some people baffle me.

Family commitments. Everyone was still cheering Town on at the pub though.
The emotional over-reaction thread on 20:24 - Apr 28 with 308 viewsTheBoyBlue

The emotional over-reaction thread on 23:17 - Apr 27 by FrimleyBlue

Oo thank you. I can let that part of me out.

I have a what will be will be thought too. But the football fan part of me right now is gutted.

Gutted that we've now had 3 games to effectively win promotion and bottled each one.

It's great what we've achieved upto date and I know bigger clubs have bottled it potentially further. But come on town.. we've seen Evans pull the plug when promotion didn't happen. We won't get an easier chance to get a promotion place than right now...

Can we please get the job done. Otherwise all the effort means fk all come end of season if we don't do it. We lose davis. We lose hirst likely. We may lose KM. So then what of town.

So yes over emotional post to go with this specific thread.

But town. Don't fk it up!!!!!

Bottle isn't the right word, but I get the sentiment. We've had several chances to take advantage of Leeds and Leicester slipping up and haven't fully yet.

Still we have another chance on Tuesday and it is most important that no matter what we go into Saturday with it still in our hands.

However, I don't agree we won't get a better chance than this. Next season we'll be a season wiser and more experienced at this level and I'm fairly sure we wouldn't need another 94 points to get promoted as I just don't think the teams coming down this year won't be as at it as Leeds, Leicester and Southampton.

That's not to say I think we will definitely go up, but I think we can be right up there again.

Still, here's hoping we can do it this week!

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

The emotional over-reaction thread on 00:43 - Apr 30 with 195 viewspointofblue

The emotional over-reaction thread on 14:36 - Apr 28 by peterleeblue

So here is mine because if I commit it to type then hopefully it wont happen.

We will lose 3-2 at Coventry in another "Classic".

We will coast to a 4-0 home win versus Huddersfield.

Leeds will be drawing going into 90+8 and will find the winner sending us into the play offs versus West Brom.

It may be because it's very late and I'm shattered but a horrible feeling has swept over me that we won't do it. I think something is going to go wrong this evening. A defeat, putting it back in Leeds hands. Indeed, if we do lose I'd say there's zero chance of Leeds dropping points against Southampton as they'll be buoyed by being let off the hook.

If only we could have held on against Hull.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024