Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It just feels like we blew a massive opportunity tonight 23:29 - Apr 27 with 1677 viewsSimonds92

No criticism of individuals or the team. Just the way the game panned out it was a very very big opportunity and we let it slip. There are no easy games in this division, especially at this stage and dropping 2 points could really be crucial. I know they're basically down but Huddersfield could be a real problem. Hopefully just 1 more week ir nervousness, excitement, permutations and limited sleep!
It just feels like we blew a massive opportunity tonight on 23:31 - Apr 27 with 1642 viewstractorboy1978

Huddersfield won’t be a problem at all. They are absolute turd. Just need to make sure we get at least a point on Tuesday.
It just feels like we blew a massive opportunity tonight on 23:33 - Apr 27 with 1614 viewsFrimleyBlue

I've now calmed down abit.

We won't know if it's a missed opportunity until we play the next two games.

If we win the next two. It matters not
If we win one and lose one it depends on leeds and it could mean something etc etc

At the moment. It's 1 point of the 5 we need with 6 points to go.

The Last two games having been home games still feel like the opportunities we've blown... but again it all depends on what happens next.

Unbeaten in 3 games compared to Leeds results so far is getting us closer to the prem.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

It just feels like we blew a massive opportunity tonight on 23:33 - Apr 27 with 1600 viewsgainsboroughblue

We are also a real problem ourselves. Hutchinson was unplayable tonight and that won't escape attention.

Getting out of Hull unscathed was a result really. Play that game at 3pm with the others and that level of intensity may have slackened a few %. They were thrown a lifeline by earlier results and went for it. Huge respect for them and we nearly (should have) got 3 points.

More positive but boy oh boy, we need to turn 1 point into 3 in at least 1 of 2 games. It's so there for the taking, it hurts.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

It just feels like we blew a massive opportunity tonight on 23:36 - Apr 27 with 1554 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

It just feels like we blew a massive opportunity tonight on 23:33 - Apr 27 by FrimleyBlue

If we win one and lose one it depends on leeds and it could mean something etc etc

The Last two games having been home games still feel like the opportunities we've blown... but again it all depends on what happens next.

Unbeaten in 3 games compared to Leeds results so far is getting us closer to the prem.

Just remind me please as you didn't mention it.

What happens if we draw one and win one? What do we need from the Leeds game?

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

It just feels like we blew a massive opportunity tonight on 23:37 - Apr 27 with 1551 viewsnshearman1

It just feels like we blew a massive opportunity tonight on 23:33 - Apr 27 by FrimleyBlue

I absolutely sympathise with this. But to blow three leads, two with absolute gifts, is pretty criminal at this stage of the season and should have been sorted out months ago. If we don't go up, this will be the reason. So I dearly hope McKenna can tighten up in the last two games of the season. Otherwise, we don't deserve promotion.
It just feels like we blew a massive opportunity tonight on 23:39 - Apr 27 with 1530 viewsmrfixit426

It just feels like we blew a massive opportunity tonight on 23:36 - Apr 27 by You_Bloo_Right

If we draw one and win one, we're up.
It just feels like we blew a massive opportunity tonight on 23:41 - Apr 27 with 1499 viewsFrimleyBlue

It just feels like we blew a massive opportunity tonight on 23:36 - Apr 27 by You_Bloo_Right

Sorry misread your reply.

If we win one and draw one we are up. Hence why I said tonight doesn't then become a missed opportunity. Thought I'd mentioned one win and and a draw too. Just meant tonight at the moment doesn't mean anything yet until we see how the rest of the season plays out.
[Post edited 27 Apr 23:46]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

It just feels like we blew a massive opportunity tonight on 23:43 - Apr 27 with 1471 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

It just feels like we blew a massive opportunity tonight on 23:39 - Apr 27 by mrfixit426

If we draw one and win one, we're up.

Yes I know that. I was just wondering if Frimley was aware of the same.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Login to get fewer ads

It just feels like we blew a massive opportunity tonight on 23:44 - Apr 27 with 1447 viewsmrfixit426

It just feels like we blew a massive opportunity tonight on 23:43 - Apr 27 by You_Bloo_Right

Yes I know that. I was just wondering if Frimley was aware of the same.

Ah gotcha.
It just feels like we blew a massive opportunity tonight on 23:59 - Apr 27 with 1334 viewsITFCBlues

Whilst I agree, I'd you'd have told me before a ball was kicked Friday night that we need 4 points from the last 2 games, I'd have snatched your hand off for it.

Tonight probably a fair result in the end, just frustrating as we've given away some poor goals, but we also could've easily lost that game on another day.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

It just feels like we blew a massive opportunity tonight on 00:01 - Apr 28 with 1317 viewsgainsboroughblue

It just feels like we blew a massive opportunity tonight on 23:59 - Apr 27 by ITFCBlues

Whilst I agree, I'd you'd have told me before a ball was kicked Friday night that we need 4 points from the last 2 games, I'd have snatched your hand off for it.

Tonight probably a fair result in the end, just frustrating as we've given away some poor goals, but we also could've easily lost that game on another day.

A fortnight ago when we were blowing out of our @rses, Hull slaughter us the way they came at us.

No way will Tuesday be the same as tonight was.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

It just feels like we blew a massive opportunity tonight on 00:11 - Apr 28 with 1221 viewsEsseeja

Not a missed opportunity for me. Optimistically, a half-decent point because McKenna is still unbeaten on weekdays in league games as far as I'm aware so I'm very confident we won't lose on Tuesday against a Coventry team that isn't full strength, even a point will be fine as long as we beat Huddersfield. 4 points is absolutely achievable.
Hull looked extremely tired by the end of the game and we were still pushing for a winner so I'm extremely confident we can win against Coventry, just as I was going in to tonight.

12:30 kickoff curse needs to end against Huddersfield if we do draw against Coventry, though.

Davis might be a massive loss, but I genuinely believe we'll be fine. Clarke likes attacking more than he does defending so I believe in him, I believe in any member of our team to do the job there.
It just feels like we blew a massive opportunity tonight on 06:43 - Apr 28 with 896 viewsChurchman

It just feels like we blew a massive opportunity tonight on 00:01 - Apr 28 by gainsboroughblue

A fortnight ago when we were blowing out of our @rses, Hull slaughter us the way they came at us.

No way will Tuesday be the same as tonight was.

One of the pundits (Heckingbottom?) made the point about the two week gap being a mental rest / reset as much as anything else. I agree with that. Two weeks ago I think we would have lost that. Hull were excellent.

I thought we looked much more like our old selves in that and our form is improving, despite only taking a point. If we play anything like that Tuesday, we will be fine.
[Post edited 28 Apr 7:04]
It just feels like we blew a massive opportunity tonight on 06:56 - Apr 28 with 842 viewsibbleobble

Thought it was a good result, not disappointed at all. I think it’s just part of a culture now where when things don’t happen immediately, there’s a reaction. Bottom line is it’s still in our hands and we can still afford not to win one of our games, which is a complete luxury.

There slightly more pressure though, which might explain why KM was punching the side of the dugouts! I don’t see Huddersfield being anything other than a win.
It just feels like we blew a massive opportunity tonight on 07:23 - Apr 28 with 689 viewsrodney76

A point away to a top six side is not a wasted opportunity.
We are a good team, but not that good that we can dismiss a team such as Hull in that way.

They fought back three times, credit to them. We have been over the moon about our own fightbacks this season.

Some fans are ahead of themselves.
It just feels like we blew a massive opportunity tonight on 07:27 - Apr 28 with 675 viewsMK1

Hull are no mugs at this level.
It just feels like we blew a massive opportunity tonight on 07:48 - Apr 28 with 578 viewsEuropablue

It just feels like we blew a massive opportunity tonight on 23:37 - Apr 27 by nshearman1

I absolutely sympathise with this. But to blow three leads, two with absolute gifts, is pretty criminal at this stage of the season and should have been sorted out months ago. If we don't go up, this will be the reason. So I dearly hope McKenna can tighten up in the last two games of the season. Otherwise, we don't deserve promotion.

If we don't go up you could point to so many games, but then again you could look at a lot of matches where we won by fine margins or won when we weren't at our best. You just have to accept where we got in a great season. We can (and I think will) still do it, so let's just get behind the lads. Another two performances like that and we will be up!
It just feels like we blew a massive opportunity tonight on 07:51 - Apr 28 with 562 viewscressi

No not all I said before game and il say before Coventry 2 away draws and get the job done at home Huddersfield are down although tricky you couldn't ask for any more.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024