Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hladky kicking the ball to Burns 08:50 - Apr 28 with 1292 viewstextbackup

How does a player on the pitch, who should be finely tuned into what is going on, manage to pass the ball out to Burns who was made to step off the pitch after getting treatment (it was absolutely obvious he was off the pitch - we had maybe 10/15 seconds of that being where the focus and attention was)

Not seen the third goal back yet, but on the first he’s given Morsy the ball in a seriously tight spot. Felt that was really naive of them both in that situation, we understand that’s how we play, but 1-0 approaching HT, manage that situation better.

VH also seemed to flap in another couple of other situations.

Those things aside, what a great game. Two teams not holding back. Really enjoyed it.

First visit to Hull… what an absolute shthole it is. Ground decent though.

Quality noise from the away end

4 points to go

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Hladky kicking the ball to Burns on 08:55 - Apr 28 with 1207 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

VH was a long way from Burns, it was presumably very noisy, Burns was right by the touchline and waving furiously. You can see why VH made the mistake.

The first Hull goal was Morsy's fault if anyone's (plus good work by the Hull player who robbed him). Sam asks for it... then normally collects it, turns away and we move up the pitch. This time he got caught. It happens.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Hladky kicking the ball to Burns on 08:56 - Apr 28 with 1196 viewsbazza

Yea, as frustrating as the mistakes were, and as frustrating as it was to drop the two points, as we had a lot more opportunities to put it to bed, hull did throw everything at that game, put the pressure on big time, credit to both teams as they both fought tooth and nail for the points.
Hladky kicking the ball to Burns on 09:01 - Apr 28 with 1141 viewsgrow_our_own

Hlad had every right to expect Morsy would play a simple bounce pass to Woolfenden and take two Hull players out of the game. That's what we do. Playing out creates controlled attacking possession. I say this as a massive Morsy fan.

Hlad was more at fault for the third, which he could have parried wider, but not a howler. Axel is selected because he offers more defensive presence than Clarke, yet didn't challenge that header at the back stick.

Hull went into that game the best team in the championship on current form. Carvalho should be playing Champions League, never mind Prem. Said before game, I'd take a point with bells on. Easier games to come Weds & Sat.
Hladky kicking the ball to Burns on 09:01 - Apr 28 with 1138 viewsbsw72

Over the course of the season he has saved us far more points than his errors have cost, going right back to that summer Sunday afternoon at Sunderland. He’s not perfect but considering how we all felt when we found out Walton would be out for an extended period, I think he’s been a huge asset.
Hladky kicking the ball to Burns on 09:04 - Apr 28 with 1112 viewstextbackup

Hladky kicking the ball to Burns on 08:55 - Apr 28 by The_Flashing_Smile

VH was a long way from Burns, it was presumably very noisy, Burns was right by the touchline and waving furiously. You can see why VH made the mistake.

The first Hull goal was Morsy's fault if anyone's (plus good work by the Hull player who robbed him). Sam asks for it... then normally collects it, turns away and we move up the pitch. This time he got caught. It happens.

I was even further from Burns, in the middle of the noise… I could clearly see what the situation was.

Yeah felt they were both to blame for the first, just didn’t deal with that as you’d hope/expect two senior pros would in that moment.

Clip it into Hirst, Leif out wide, just frustrating as hell

Hladky kicking the ball to Burns on 09:05 - Apr 28 with 1097 viewstractorboy1978

I'd put the first one down as 50% Vaz, 50% Morsy. Brushed that off though as appreciate you are going to make the odd mistake playing like that. I do agree though that at 1-0 up, 5 minutes before half time in our position right now, we perhaps need to be a bit more savvy.

The 3rd goal is just woeful goalkeeping. For all of his positive attributes, I hate the fact that his first thought seems to be to parry/punch/flap at almost everything. It was a basic catch. You see Taylor on the replay cup his hands to say "catch it". And McKenna was rightly furious.

A good point though. If we get the same on Tuesday, I think we'd all be happy having it in our hands on the final day.
Hladky kicking the ball to Burns on 09:12 - Apr 28 with 1024 viewsJohn_Warks_Willy

On the Morsy one, I thought it was pretty clear from KM interview that that is a pass and move strictly encouraged. Maybe a bit more thought in the moment would have been helpful admittedly.

Poll: Is Billm….

Hladky kicking the ball to Burns on 09:18 - Apr 28 with 964 viewstextbackup

Hladky kicking the ball to Burns on 09:12 - Apr 28 by John_Warks_Willy

On the Morsy one, I thought it was pretty clear from KM interview that that is a pass and move strictly encouraged. Maybe a bit more thought in the moment would have been helpful admittedly.

We play that pass/make that move countless times a game… typically when Morsy has burgess and/Wolf to go back to. But it was so tight, Hull aren’t stupid they’d stepped right up on us, and Morsy was suffocated.
Seemed really unnecessary

Login to get fewer ads

Hladky kicking the ball to Burns on 09:23 - Apr 28 with 908 viewsstrikalite

You're not going to like the third mate, he either has to push it out wide or just do the obvious and catch the bloody thing, which he never seems to do,, to push it back into the six yard box is criminal honestly...

Never seen KM react like that punching the dugout ...says it all..
Hladky kicking the ball to Burns on 09:32 - Apr 28 with 800 viewstextbackup

Hladky kicking the ball to Burns on 09:23 - Apr 28 by strikalite

You're not going to like the third mate, he either has to push it out wide or just do the obvious and catch the bloody thing, which he never seems to do,, to push it back into the six yard box is criminal honestly...

Never seen KM react like that punching the dugout ...says it all..

Not sure if I looked away, or what really, because it looked like a cross and matey volleys it in off the bar.

Hladky kicking the ball to Burns on 09:48 - Apr 28 with 721 viewsstrikalite

Hladky kicking the ball to Burns on 09:32 - Apr 28 by textbackup

Not sure if I looked away, or what really, because it looked like a cross and matey volleys it in off the bar.

You'll be annoyed with it, he just parried it down, the one thing as a keeper you should never really do, he could have caught it really, I like Hladky but he has to do better with this one..
Hladky kicking the ball to Burns on 10:47 - Apr 28 with 544 viewsEireannach_gorm

Hladky kicking the ball to Burns on 09:04 - Apr 28 by textbackup

I was even further from Burns, in the middle of the noise… I could clearly see what the situation was.

Yeah felt they were both to blame for the first, just didn’t deal with that as you’d hope/expect two senior pros would in that moment.

Clip it into Hirst, Leif out wide, just frustrating as hell

Maybe you were nearer Burns than Vaz was?
That was a mistake, we all have them in us. The third goal was the same but Morsy was 100% to blame for the first.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024