Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Davis injury really doesn't sound great does it... 10:08 - Apr 28 with 4420 viewsITFCBlues

He will be a huge loss if he doesn't play these final 2 games.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Davis injury really doesn't sound great does it... on 10:13 - Apr 28 with 3523 viewsFrimleyBlue

Think we'll maybe see clarke their Tues. Davis back next Sat. Travis can be emergency right back can't he?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Davis injury really doesn't sound great does it... on 10:14 - Apr 28 with 3541 viewsdavblue

Yeah so integral to how we attack.

Was thinking about options there and wondered if they might give Harness a go there as he’s athletic and he can get forward. It’s pretty unlikely, and it will be Clarke who gets the nod but if you want someone to play high and wide and overlapping it might be an outside shout.
Davis injury really doesn't sound great does it... on 10:16 - Apr 28 with 3489 viewsFrimleyBlue

Davis injury really doesn't sound great does it... on 10:14 - Apr 28 by davblue

Was thinking about options there and wondered if they might give Harness a go there as he’s athletic and he can get forward. It’s pretty unlikely, and it will be Clarke who gets the nod but if you want someone to play high and wide and overlapping it might be an outside shout.

Humphreys....

Waka waka eh eh

Davis injury really doesn't sound great does it... on 10:18 - Apr 28 with 3477 viewsdavblue

Davis injury really doesn't sound great does it... on 10:16 - Apr 28 by FrimleyBlue

Humphreys....

He’s hardly played, doesn’t have huge experience.
Davis injury really doesn't sound great does it... on 10:20 - Apr 28 with 3423 viewsFrimleyBlue

Davis injury really doesn't sound great does it... on 10:18 - Apr 28 by davblue

He’s hardly played, doesn’t have huge experience.

Better baller than harness tho imo.

Think it'll be clarke. But if someone else then humphreys maybe the only option. Naturally left footed. Can cross a ball. Can run with the ball and gives his absolute all.

Waka waka eh eh

Davis injury really doesn't sound great does it... on 10:22 - Apr 28 with 3418 viewsdavblue

Davis injury really doesn't sound great does it... on 10:20 - Apr 28 by FrimleyBlue

Better baller than harness tho imo.

Think it'll be clarke. But if someone else then humphreys maybe the only option. Naturally left footed. Can cross a ball. Can run with the ball and gives his absolute all.

It will be Clarke I’m sure just thinking of a left field choice.
Davis injury really doesn't sound great does it... on 10:23 - Apr 28 with 3401 viewsRozz

Davis injury really doesn't sound great does it... on 10:14 - Apr 28 by davblue

I imagine Clarke will go in, but as he's still managing an injury himself that could get tricky over 180+ minutes if we're asking him to bomb up and down. Maybe Harness ahead of him to offer a bit more protection?

We had that lopsided system in League 1 for a while didn't we, where almost everything was funnelled down our right with Burns and Donacien.
Davis injury really doesn't sound great does it... on 10:29 - Apr 28 with 3321 viewsEireannach_gorm

Davis injury really doesn't sound great does it... on 10:23 - Apr 28 by Rozz

I imagine Clarke will go in, but as he's still managing an injury himself that could get tricky over 180+ minutes if we're asking him to bomb up and down. Maybe Harness ahead of him to offer a bit more protection?

We had that lopsided system in League 1 for a while didn't we, where almost everything was funnelled down our right with Burns and Donacien.

And yet we did more damage against Hull with Hutchinson destroying down the right. Every time he got the ball they panicked. All three goals came from that side.
Login to get fewer ads

Davis injury really doesn't sound great does it... on 10:32 - Apr 28 with 3279 viewsbazza

McKenna said it’s been an issue before, I wonder if he’s been playing through it, as he struggled with corners a bit yesterday,
Davis injury really doesn't sound great does it... on 10:33 - Apr 28 with 3267 viewsRozz

Davis injury really doesn't sound great does it... on 10:29 - Apr 28 by Eireannach_gorm

And yet we did more damage against Hull with Hutchinson destroying down the right. Every time he got the ball they panicked. All three goals came from that side.

Yep, although it's useful to have someone with Davis' threat as it keeps their defenders honest and pins them into position, theoretically creating more space elsewhere.

Hopefully we'll have Broadhead back for Tuesday - I could see him and Clarke linking up well actually if we were to go for it.
Davis injury really doesn't sound great does it... on 10:38 - Apr 28 with 3217 viewsRozz

Davis injury really doesn't sound great does it... on 10:32 - Apr 28 by bazza

McKenna said it’s been an issue before, I wonder if he’s been playing through it, as he struggled with corners a bit yesterday,

He rolled his ankle in September in the Wednesday game. I think he missed the following game or two. Sounds like the same ankle from KM's comments.
Davis injury really doesn't sound great does it... on 11:03 - Apr 28 with 3078 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Davis injury really doesn't sound great does it... on 10:38 - Apr 28 by Rozz

He rolled his ankle in September in the Wednesday game. I think he missed the following game or two. Sounds like the same ankle from KM's comments.

He missed Southampton away but came back for the Saturday I think.
Davis injury really doesn't sound great does it... on 11:19 - Apr 28 with 2929 viewsRozz

Davis injury really doesn't sound great does it... on 11:03 - Apr 28 by PrideOfTheEast

He missed Southampton away but came back for the Saturday I think.

Ah, that's right, thanks! Hopefully they can give him a fancy injection and get him through it. It'd be a shame if he missed the last couple of games.
Davis injury really doesn't sound great does it... on 11:20 - Apr 28 with 2915 viewsNthQldITFC

Davis injury really doesn't sound great does it... on 10:33 - Apr 28 by Rozz

Yep, although it's useful to have someone with Davis' threat as it keeps their defenders honest and pins them into position, theoretically creating more space elsewhere.

Hopefully we'll have Broadhead back for Tuesday - I could see him and Clarke linking up well actually if we were to go for it.

Agree. It would be a different setup, as I can't see Clarke going outside his marker on the left too much, but I could see Clarke cutting inside with Broadhead pulling outside - pretty much the opposite of how Davis and Broadhead work together.

Would be happy with that; the threat of Broadhead pulls the fullback wider and opens space for Clarke to drive into the gap between FB and CB, like a wedge. Chappers/Omari can pick up the pieces. Works for me.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Davis injury really doesn't sound great does it... on 12:01 - Apr 28 with 2747 viewspointofblue

Not that I want to bring up a very touchy subject, but this is where the handling of the Williams situation has come back to haunt us. I can only guess there wasn't a send back option because otherwise we should have used it in January and brought in someone who could cover left back. Even though he's a downgrade, we'd be slightly more relaxed about the situation if Johnson was waiting in reserve, for example.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Davis injury really doesn't sound great does it... on 13:37 - Apr 28 with 2489 viewsPinewoodblue

Davis injury really doesn't sound great does it... on 11:20 - Apr 28 by NthQldITFC

Agree. It would be a different setup, as I can't see Clarke going outside his marker on the left too much, but I could see Clarke cutting inside with Broadhead pulling outside - pretty much the opposite of how Davis and Broadhead work together.

Would be happy with that; the threat of Broadhead pulls the fullback wider and opens space for Clarke to drive into the gap between FB and CB, like a wedge. Chappers/Omari can pick up the pieces. Works for me.

There is another option. With the lower leagues seasons complete, and Bristol Rovers not involved in play offs, Elkan Baggott is available.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him on the bench.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Davis injury really doesn't sound great does it... on 14:45 - Apr 28 with 2278 viewsNthQldITFC

Davis injury really doesn't sound great does it... on 13:37 - Apr 28 by Pinewoodblue

There is another option. With the lower leagues seasons complete, and Bristol Rovers not involved in play offs, Elkan Baggott is available.

At left back?

Davis injury really doesn't sound great does it... on 14:55 - Apr 28 with 2201 viewsRyorry

Davis injury really doesn't sound great does it... on 13:37 - Apr 28 by Pinewoodblue

Really? Wouldn’t he need to be pre-registered as one of our 25? And when did he last play for us, would he fit straight in with our style of play?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Davis injury really doesn't sound great does it... on 15:02 - Apr 28 with 2124 viewsblueislander

Davis injury really doesn't sound great does it... on 12:01 - Apr 28 by pointofblue

Not that I want to bring up a very touchy subject, but this is where the handling of the Williams situation has come back to haunt us. I can only guess there wasn't a send back option because otherwise we should have used it in January and brought in someone who could cover left back. Even though he's a downgrade, we'd be slightly more relaxed about the situation if Johnson was waiting in reserve, for example.

What do you mean by “the handling of the Williams situation” ? What do think the club did wrong, and how could they have done better?
Davis injury really doesn't sound great does it... on 15:09 - Apr 28 with 2083 viewsBlueBlood90

Just thinking out loud here and it's probably a load of waffle but can Burgess play left back? He obviously wouldn't be marauding down the wing and getting assists like Leif but he's naturally left footed, comfortable on the ball, has a decent turn of pace when players run at him and he's defensively excellent when in 1v1 situations.

Edmundson is more than capable of coming in and doing the physical side of what Burgess can do at centre back. It would also boost our height and physicality on set pieces if we had both in the side.
[Post edited 28 Apr 15:12]

Poll: How many points will we get from Coventry and Huddersfield?

Davis injury really doesn't sound great does it... on 15:18 - Apr 28 with 2014 viewsblueislander

Davis injury really doesn't sound great does it... on 15:09 - Apr 28 by BlueBlood90

Just thinking out loud here and it's probably a load of waffle but can Burgess play left back? He obviously wouldn't be marauding down the wing and getting assists like Leif but he's naturally left footed, comfortable on the ball, has a decent turn of pace when players run at him and he's defensively excellent when in 1v1 situations.

Edmundson is more than capable of coming in and doing the physical side of what Burgess can do at centre back. It would also boost our height and physicality on set pieces if we had both in the side.

People suggesting strange alternatives for the left back berth. Do they really think that the manager is going to do something that would radically change the way we play in this most important match of the season.?
Davis injury really doesn't sound great does it... on 15:22 - Apr 28 with 1962 viewsmarchy

Davis injury really doesn't sound great does it... on 15:09 - Apr 28 by BlueBlood90

He did when we won 4-1 at Wycombe two years back, did really well too, but KM hasn't called on him again there since when there's been the opportunity.
Davis injury really doesn't sound great does it... on 15:26 - Apr 28 with 1940 viewsNthQldITFC

Davis injury really doesn't sound great does it... on 15:18 - Apr 28 by blueislander

People suggesting strange alternatives for the left back berth. Do they really think that the manager is going to do something that would radically change the way we play in this most important match of the season.?

Playing Burgess or Baggott at 'left back' would be going from one extreme to another - not a chance.

Davis injury really doesn't sound great does it... on 16:12 - Apr 28 with 1783 viewsTonytown

Davis injury really doesn't sound great does it... on 15:26 - Apr 28 by NthQldITFC

Playing Burgess or Baggott at 'left back' would be going from one extreme to another - not a chance.

It’ll be Clarke at left back with Ball on the bench as full back cover.
Davis injury really doesn't sound great does it... on 16:44 - Apr 28 with 1636 viewsNthQldITFC

Davis injury really doesn't sound great does it... on 16:12 - Apr 28 by Tonytown

It’ll be Clarke at left back with Ball on the bench as full back cover.

Plus Travis, although I guess he'd be on the bench anyway. Actually, maybe just one of them and Humphreys for a better left/right sub balance?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024