Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huddersfield fan 18:30 - Apr 28 with 6428 viewshuddersfieldfan51

Hi Ipswich fans, thought I’d post to wish you all the best against Coventry midweek. I’m coming down to Ipswich on Saturday and it’s probably the first and last time in my life I will ever visit a ground wishing the opposition a victory or draw if that’s enough to promote you.
I had bought my train and match ticket before I knew our Birmingham result and even though we are not mathematically down baring a stupid result which as we all know isn’t going to happen, the result is irelevant to us. But we as a club detest Leeds and also
Personally quite like Ipswich ( I think it stems from my ladmiration of Marcus Stewart). So I just thought I would post my best wishes and let you know the Hudds town fans attending will probably happily see you beat us next week.
Any suggestions for a beer after game and do you think your fans will be happy to have a terrier watch you enjoy your hopeful celebrations in the pubs afterwards.
Huddersfield fan on 18:36 - Apr 28 with 5496 viewsbazza

If we secure promotion, absolutely any pub.. the town will be heaving.
Huddersfield fan on 18:37 - Apr 28 with 5471 views_clive_baker_

The waterfront area is probably your best bet. 15 minutes walk from Portman Road, decent spot for a few pints. Isaac’s is a large bar where you’ll have no troubles if you’re not acting like a nob. IF we get promotion then you can be sure the whole town will be alive until late. If it’s anything like last season when we got promotion, a lot of the team and staff and loads of ex players and what not were out in town and everyone enjoying themselves.

And thanks, nobody will be taking Huddersfield lightly as we know from the away game this season. We’ve got a job to do Tuesday first, but hopefully we can get over the line and let’s be honest nobody outside of Leeds will be disappointed if they miss out.

Have an enjoyable & safe trip.
Huddersfield fan on 18:39 - Apr 28 with 5390 viewsFrimleyBlue

Whilst I won't be there in person. There is something potentially exciting to see every single person in the stadium celebrating a town win. ( as long as we a job on Tues first)

I feel for huddersfield.. many more clubs I'd prefer to get relegated before you ( probably same reason you gave.. the Stewart link)

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Huddersfield fan on 18:40 - Apr 28 with 5409 viewsgainsboroughblue

Thomas Wolsey is a decent place and a 5 minute walk from the ground. It's normally quite civilised really and from experience, not likely to be lairy.

If you like your ale and you're hanging around, you'll do worse than head to the Dove Street Inn, not technically town centre, more outskirts of. You could even get a cab up to the Fat Cat on Spring Road and walk back into town via Dove.

As for places to avoid, there isn't any really until you get into the normal Saturday night shenanigans of a town centre.

The Waterfront could be worth a look for a drink and some grub too.

Others will be along with suggestions I'm sure. Enjoy your day and hopefully we can have a beer and celebrate Leeds' qualification for the Play offs together.

Edit. And yeah, as said above, the town will be mental if we do manage it. Should be fun.
[Post edited 28 Apr 18:42]

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Huddersfield fan on 18:40 - Apr 28 with 5398 viewssaffers12

My best mate is a Huddersfield fan,
we went to home game (1 1) and sat in home end, was a great day out. Can we have Rudoni?, he's quality!

Also that day at the ground, it's was a free whisky with every beer!
Huddersfield fan on 18:45 - Apr 28 with 5298 viewsMK1

Cheers mate. Have a lovely time and head for the waterfront afterwards. Plenty of bars down there for you to choose from. Safe journey.
Huddersfield fan on 19:01 - Apr 28 with 5031 viewspennblue

Can you try and keep the noise down please? You totally outsung us at your place

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Huddersfield fan on 19:04 - Apr 28 with 4985 viewsblueasfook

I've always loved your stadium. Was way ahead of its time when it was built in the 90s.

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Login to get fewer ads

Huddersfield fan on 19:05 - Apr 28 with 4983 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

As a Huddersfield resident from 1982 til 88 and a regular in the Cow Shed end back in the day I'm kind of relieved that the result at ours won't be responsible for sending you down....you'll have a great night if all goes to plan.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Huddersfield fan on 20:28 - Apr 28 with 4524 viewsBLUEBEAT

In our year of relegation, I bet Huddersfield fans were delighted with our final game of the season when we dented Leeds (failed) promotion campaign - and Terriers loanee Colin Quaner scored the winning goal

Poll: W or W

Huddersfield fan on 20:33 - Apr 28 with 4456 viewscvillageblue

Any chance that Huddersfield will be sending some tickets back?! Say 500 or so - then I may be able to attend!!

Blog: Was It Worth It?

Thanks for the message on 20:39 - Apr 28 with 4368 viewsunstableblue

Pre-match there is the Station Hotel for visiting fans only, directly opposite station

Then you have down at the marina - Isaacs

In town the Arcade Tavern

If we do achieve automatic promotion - all the pubs/bars on St Nicholas Street will be wild - and you'll be welcome join the party

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Huddersfield fan on 20:48 - Apr 28 with 4268 viewsWestSussexBlue

Huddersfield fan on 18:45 - Apr 28 by MK1

Cheers mate. Have a lovely time and head for the waterfront afterwards. Plenty of bars down there for you to choose from. Safe journey.

Nice touch MK.
Huddersfield fan on 22:07 - Apr 28 with 3963 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If you decide not to travel for it and have 4 tickets together I would happily take your place! Be glad to know the away fans will want us to get the result too, though!

In all seriousness, enjoy!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Huddersfield fan on 22:52 - Apr 28 with 3701 viewspointofblue

Huddersfield fan on 22:07 - Apr 28 by Nthsuffolkblue

If you decide not to travel for it and have 4 tickets together I would happily take your place! Be glad to know the away fans will want us to get the result too, though!

In all seriousness, enjoy!

It'll be hilarious (to an extent) if Huddersfield take the lead and it's met with complete silence - even from the Huddersfield fans.

The two clubs will always have a connection via Stewart. Would have liked to see them stay up but they ran out of time. It'd be weird if Birmingham went down with them - both sides suffering from bizarre managerial changes which weren't necessary and obliterated their respective seasons.

Have a safe journey to and from the ground, OP. If you feel up to joining in the celebrations should we go up at Leeds expense, feel free to do so - the more the merrier!

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Huddersfield fan on 02:43 - Apr 29 with 3438 viewsRyorry

Hi Hudds fan, and thanks :)

Just seen your manager interviewed on the EFL show - his attitude is somewhat different from that of you fans (surprise surprise!).

I think the game could be a lot harder for us than many are estimating.

Whatever the outcome, all the best to you guys from a Yorkshire based ITFC lass.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Huddersfield fan on 13:16 - May 1 with 2412 viewshuddersfieldfan51

Huddersfield fan on 20:33 - Apr 28 by cvillageblue

Any chance that Huddersfield will be sending some tickets back?! Say 500 or so - then I may be able to attend!!

Definitely won’t sell out . I’d guess we will be sending at least 1000 back
Huddersfield fan on 13:18 - May 1 with 2350 viewsjohnsmithshands

Huddersfield fan on 13:16 - May 1 by huddersfieldfan51

Definitely won’t sell out . I’d guess we will be sending at least 1000 back

Any chance of two tickets in your end ? Can meet on the day 👍
Huddersfield fan on 13:23 - May 1 with 2256 viewsGavTWTD

Buy me a ticket in the away end please :-)

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Huddersfield fan on 13:26 - May 1 with 2179 viewsbazza

Huddersfield fan on 13:23 - May 1 by GavTWTD

Buy me a ticket in the away end please :-)

Won’t the club ask for them back?? And sell to us?
Huddersfield fan on 13:30 - May 1 with 2092 viewshuddersfieldfan51

Huddersfield fan on 13:18 - May 1 by johnsmithshands

Any chance of two tickets in your end ? Can meet on the day 👍

Already had a private message. Tickets linked to your address , any trouble get banned , I go home and away all over country, would love to help but just not worth the risk . I genuinely wish Ipswich the best , and I believe town fans wouldn’t be bothered with Ipswich fans in away end but you always get the odd moron who might. All the best and sorry I can’t help with tickets.
Savour the promotion the going up is the moment to cherish . First year in prem is exciting and a major buzz but the plasticness of it all eventually hits you and you realise how corrupt and uncompetitive it all is.
Great club Ipswich , great history and you’ve always been the team I’ve wanted to win when you play your arch rivals . ( and that’s even with Wagner as their manager - a man Huddersfield fans love) .
Enjoy your day / night / days after you will be watching clips for weeks. If we mess it up for you , believe me the Huddersfield fans will be nearly as pissed off as you lot . Feel free to sing any songs about Marcus Stewart or Leeds falling apart etc.
Saturday will have a WHOLE stadium cheering you on . UTIT and eventually one day UTT
Huddersfield fan on 13:33 - May 1 with 2037 viewsunbelievablue

Huddersfield fan on 13:30 - May 1 by huddersfieldfan51

Already had a private message. Tickets linked to your address , any trouble get banned , I go home and away all over country, would love to help but just not worth the risk . I genuinely wish Ipswich the best , and I believe town fans wouldn’t be bothered with Ipswich fans in away end but you always get the odd moron who might. All the best and sorry I can’t help with tickets.
Savour the promotion the going up is the moment to cherish . First year in prem is exciting and a major buzz but the plasticness of it all eventually hits you and you realise how corrupt and uncompetitive it all is.
Great club Ipswich , great history and you’ve always been the team I’ve wanted to win when you play your arch rivals . ( and that’s even with Wagner as their manager - a man Huddersfield fans love) .
Enjoy your day / night / days after you will be watching clips for weeks. If we mess it up for you , believe me the Huddersfield fans will be nearly as pissed off as you lot . Feel free to sing any songs about Marcus Stewart or Leeds falling apart etc.
Saturday will have a WHOLE stadium cheering you on . UTIT and eventually one day UTT

Nice to see such camaraderie. If we win happily buy you a glass of champers in town.

Your thoughts on Huddersfield somehow turning up on the pitch and surprising us?

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Huddersfield fan on 13:33 - May 1 with 2036 viewsjohnsmithshands

Huddersfield fan on 13:30 - May 1 by huddersfieldfan51

Top man and understand. Enjoy your day at Portman Road 👍
Huddersfield fan on 13:34 - May 1 with 2005 viewsGavTWTD

Huddersfield fan on 13:26 - May 1 by bazza

Won’t the club ask for them back?? And sell to us?

We don't know how many they will send back but there will still be seats in the away end left after that that can't be resold due to segregation. I'll sit anywhere, I just want to experience it.

This post has been edited by an administrator

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Huddersfield fan on 13:38 - May 1 with 1923 viewshuddersfieldfan51

Huddersfield fan on 13:33 - May 1 by unbelievablue

Nice to see such camaraderie. If we win happily buy you a glass of champers in town.

Your thoughts on Huddersfield somehow turning up on the pitch and surprising us?

God I hope not. You should be far too good for us and 97 times out of 100 you will be, personally think you will win very comfortably but football sometimes throws up stupid results. Watched your team a few times on sky , they look a team who can handle the pressure so barring a stupid ref or a freak result you should be fine. Double up on Helik on set pieces he’s our main threat, and GOOD LUCK. Go smash the PL. F**k Leeds.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024