Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
i feel sorry for Christian Walton. 19:27 - Apr 28 with 2988 viewsMelford

Didn't put a foot wrong last season. Gets injured in August and Hladky comes in and has the season of his life. Has to sit on the bench watching what we have done this season. Perils of being a goalkeeper I suppose.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

i feel sorry for Christian Walton. on 19:29 - Apr 28 with 2626 viewsbluesym

Golden Glove winner last year and a superb shot stopper. I think some people have forgotten how good he has been for us...

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

i feel sorry for Christian Walton. on 19:30 - Apr 28 with 2608 viewshomer_123

Personally, I think Vac has been an exceptional and integral part to our success this season.

For the way KM wants us to play....he's the logical choice. Not that Walton is a poor keeper.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

i feel sorry for Christian Walton. on 19:30 - Apr 28 with 2598 viewshomer_123

i feel sorry for Christian Walton. on 19:29 - Apr 28 by bluesym

Golden Glove winner last year and a superb shot stopper. I think some people have forgotten how good he has been for us...

Not forgotten at all. More...as I posted above, that Vac is better suited to the overall way we play.

i feel sorry for Christian Walton. on 19:31 - Apr 28 with 2570 viewsbluesym

i feel sorry for Christian Walton. on 19:30 - Apr 28 by homer_123

Not forgotten at all. More...as I posted above, that Vac is better suited to the overall way we play.

Forgotten by some,not necessarily you.

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

i feel sorry for Christian Walton. on 19:34 - Apr 28 with 2537 viewsStenvict

The harsh reality of being a 2nd choice goalkeeper. Every other squad members know they have a chance of coming off the bench, even players like Dom Ball, but Walton knows his only chance is if Hladky gets injured/suspended.

Poll: What will be announced first?

i feel sorry for Christian Walton. on 19:39 - Apr 28 with 2485 viewsblueasfook

i feel sorry for Christian Walton. on 19:29 - Apr 28 by bluesym

He hardly made a case for himself in the FA Cup against Maidstone. 2 shots on target, 2 goals. I think Vaz has been the right choice this season.

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

i feel sorry for Christian Walton. on 19:40 - Apr 28 with 2464 viewsHerbivore

But if that's the case, why was Walton favoured for the previous 18 months of McKenna's time here until he got injured?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

i feel sorry for Christian Walton. on 19:41 - Apr 28 with 2460 viewsMK1

He might be promoted back to No.1 when we go up. In fairness to the lad, I haven't heard a gripe out of him.
Login to get fewer ads

i feel sorry for Christian Walton. on 19:55 - Apr 28 with 2356 viewsMelford

i feel sorry for Christian Walton. on 19:39 - Apr 28 by blueasfook

He hardly made a case for himself in the FA Cup against Maidstone. 2 shots on target, 2 goals. I think Vaz has been the right choice this season.

Trouble is when they come in for the odd game they are proper rusty. Best to keep with whoever is in if they are doing well and the team are winning.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

i feel sorry for Christian Walton. on 19:58 - Apr 28 with 2321 viewsHighgateBlue

i feel sorry for Christian Walton. on 19:39 - Apr 28 by blueasfook

And against Fulham in November also had a poor game.

Vaz has been the right choice. It's sometimes frustrating to see him punch rather than catch (see 3rd goal v Hull) but overall he's a high risk-high reward goalkeeper who has stayed the right side of the risk-reward ratio this season, and has had a hard task in what has to be seen as a pretty attacking set up. And by the way he of course also helps facilitate that attack when on song.
i feel sorry for Christian Walton. on 20:00 - Apr 28 with 2301 viewspointofblue

Though if Walton hadn't injured himself, he would have been the starter. Would we have been in this position if he had, as playing out of the back has been so instrumental to our success? A bit of a sliding doors moment.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

i feel sorry for Christian Walton. on 20:08 - Apr 28 with 2232 viewsNthQldITFC

i feel sorry for Christian Walton. on 19:41 - Apr 28 by MK1

He might be promoted back to No.1 when we go up. In fairness to the lad, I haven't heard a gripe out of him.

I wonder whether he's been doing a ton of footwork/outfield training during this season? Combine his aerial work, handling and decisiveness with Vaz's footwork and distribution and you've got a PL standard keeper. But maybe Slicker is that? Looked very good in the tiny bit we saw of him.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

i feel sorry for Christian Walton. on 20:22 - Apr 28 with 2133 viewsitfc_bucks

i feel sorry for Christian Walton. on 20:08 - Apr 28 by NthQldITFC

I wonder whether he's been doing a ton of footwork/outfield training during this season? Combine his aerial work, handling and decisiveness with Vaz's footwork and distribution and you've got a PL standard keeper. But maybe Slicker is that? Looked very good in the tiny bit we saw of him.

Slicker looked alright in that weird cup game at Reading. Suspect he lacks the sheer physical build to be a top tier keeper, unfortunately.

Humphreys played well that night too, but scarcely seen since.
i feel sorry for Christian Walton. on 20:48 - Apr 28 with 2021 viewssquiz

Presumably he will come on for a few minutes at the end if it's all going well on Saturday.
i feel sorry for Christian Walton. on 20:52 - Apr 28 with 2003 viewsHerbivore

i feel sorry for Christian Walton. on 20:00 - Apr 28 by pointofblue

Though if Walton hadn't injured himself, he would have been the starter. Would we have been in this position if he had, as playing out of the back has been so instrumental to our success? A bit of a sliding doors moment.

We've played out from the back for the whole of McKenna's time here, Walton's distribution improved loads last season.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

i feel sorry for Christian Walton. on 21:01 - Apr 28 with 1963 viewspointofblue

i feel sorry for Christian Walton. on 20:52 - Apr 28 by Herbivore

We've played out from the back for the whole of McKenna's time here, Walton's distribution improved loads last season.

And would have probably continued to improve this season. I'd say the pressure wasn't there playing out of the back last season that has been present this year.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

i feel sorry for Christian Walton. on 21:07 - Apr 28 with 1935 viewshomer_123

i feel sorry for Christian Walton. on 19:40 - Apr 28 by Herbivore

But if that's the case, why was Walton favoured for the previous 18 months of McKenna's time here until he got injured?

Mainly because Walton didn't so anything to lose the jersey.

KM had no reason to drop him.

However....once he did get injured. Vac never looked back and in the Championship he's proven himself as very much integral to the way we play.

Not saying Walton wouldn't have.

i feel sorry for Christian Walton. on 21:08 - Apr 28 with 1925 viewshomer_123

i feel sorry for Christian Walton. on 20:52 - Apr 28 by Herbivore

But still isn't at Vacs level.

That said...frankly we have to excellent keepers.

i feel sorry for Christian Walton. on 21:12 - Apr 28 with 1896 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

We could give him a go at left back!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

i feel sorry for Christian Walton. on 21:37 - Apr 28 with 1813 viewsClutch

I think we will probably go for another keeper in the summer though?

Maybe Cooper?
i feel sorry for Christian Walton. on 22:12 - Apr 28 with 1680 viewsGlasgowBlue

i feel sorry for Christian Walton. on 21:07 - Apr 28 by homer_123

Mainly because Walton didn't so anything to lose the jersey.

KM had no reason to drop him.

However....once he did get injured. Vac never looked back and in the Championship he's proven himself as very much integral to the way we play.

Not saying Walton wouldn't have.

I don’t think your first sentence is correct. There was a period last season where Walton was very average.

Time for Walton to take a rest by GlasgowBlue 22 Jan 2023 9:16
Last season he made game saving/winning saves. Wycombe away springs to mind. There were countless other occasions where his saves were worth as many points to us as the goals we scored with the other end.

I can’t think of one this season. Certainly not since the beginning of the season. People highlight the Charlton game where his indecision cost us all three points and his form has been poor since. But he was shaky in the game before against Port Vale.

Walton shouldn’t be undropable. Time to give Hladky a chance imo.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

i feel sorry for Christian Walton. on 22:37 - Apr 28 with 1593 viewsOsmansCleanSheet

i feel sorry for Christian Walton. on 22:12 - Apr 28 by GlasgowBlue

I don’t think your first sentence is correct. There was a period last season where Walton was very average.

Time for Walton to take a rest by GlasgowBlue 22 Jan 2023 9:16
Last season he made game saving/winning saves. Wycombe away springs to mind. There were countless other occasions where his saves were worth as many points to us as the goals we scored with the other end.

I can’t think of one this season. Certainly not since the beginning of the season. People highlight the Charlton game where his indecision cost us all three points and his form has been poor since. But he was shaky in the game before against Port Vale.

Walton shouldn’t be undropable. Time to give Hladky a chance imo.

There was also a period where he kept something like 9 consecutive clean sheets.
i feel sorry for Christian Walton. on 01:01 - Apr 29 with 1443 viewsSarge

i feel sorry for Christian Walton. on 19:40 - Apr 28 by Herbivore

Because he’s an objectively better goalkeeper. Hladky has done great and made some great saves but Walton is no mug when it comes to playing it out and last season didn’t cost us as many goals from goalkeeping errors as Hladky has.
[Post edited 29 Apr 1:02]
i feel sorry for Christian Walton. on 02:49 - Apr 29 with 1368 viewsRyorry

i feel sorry for Christian Walton. on 01:01 - Apr 29 by Sarge

Because he’s an objectively better goalkeeper. Hladky has done great and made some great saves but Walton is no mug when it comes to playing it out and last season didn’t cost us as many goals from goalkeeping errors as Hladky has.
[Post edited 29 Apr 1:02]

I'll bet my bottom $ that KM will have done very precise analysis of the situation, and will have gone with who the stats show to be the best choice.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

i feel sorry for Christian Walton. on 08:10 - Apr 29 with 1097 viewsChrisd

Nature of the beast. There’s little doubt Hladky has come in and played out of his skin this season. I still feel Walton is the better keeper, especially with how he deals with the high ball and crosses. However, Hladky has certainly been a revelation, I just didn’t believe he had that level of performance and credit to him.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024