Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has anyone checked Cov’s form in the last five games? 22:08 - Apr 28 with 2448 viewsITFC_Forever

Drew yesterday, lost the four before it (if you count the FAC Semi as a defeat).

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Has anyone checked Cov’s form in the last five games? on 22:11 - Apr 28 with 2408 viewsgainsboroughblue

Beating them on Tuesday will really mean that defeat against Maidstone wasn't in vain.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Has anyone checked Cov’s form in the last five games? on 22:15 - Apr 28 with 2364 viewsIllinoisblue

Has anyone checked Cov’s form in the last five games? on 22:11 - Apr 28 by gainsboroughblue

Beating them on Tuesday will really mean that defeat against Maidstone wasn't in vain.

Would be perfect closure on that result (altho tbh haven’t given it a thought since it happened)

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Has anyone checked Cov’s form in the last five games? on 22:19 - Apr 28 with 2315 viewsgainsboroughblue

Has anyone checked Cov’s form in the last five games? on 22:15 - Apr 28 by Illinoisblue

Would be perfect closure on that result (altho tbh haven’t given it a thought since it happened)

I hadn't until ITFC Forever mentioned FA Cup!

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Has anyone checked Cov’s form in the last five games? on 07:03 - Apr 29 with 1955 viewsITFC_Forever

Has anyone checked Cov’s form in the last five games? on 22:19 - Apr 28 by gainsboroughblue

I hadn't until ITFC Forever mentioned FA Cup!

I didn’t go to the Maidstone game as we were away for the weekend, so to me it didn’t happen…

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Has anyone checked Cov’s form in the last five games? on 08:13 - Apr 29 with 1719 viewsHighgateBlue

They played Man Utd, drew over 120+ minutes. We all know about how very close they came to winning, but I accept they did not. Their 3-3 draw was against a top 6 Premier League team. Ours was not even against a top 6 Championship team.

Coventry fans checking out our form will probably also be licking their lips. On paper it's fallen off a cliff - from 9 wins out of 10, to 0 wins in 4.

Tomorrow night, Cov are at home, and we are away.
On the last 4 home matches form table, Cov are 12th.
On the last 4 away matches form table, we're 13th.

The stats don't come closes to telling the whole story in either case, but it's fair to say that our form is not stellar.
Has anyone checked Cov’s form in the last five games? on 08:17 - Apr 29 with 1681 viewsFrimleyBlue

Has anyone checked Cov’s form in the last five games? on 08:13 - Apr 29 by HighgateBlue

They played Man Utd, drew over 120+ minutes. We all know about how very close they came to winning, but I accept they did not. Their 3-3 draw was against a top 6 Premier League team. Ours was not even against a top 6 Championship team.

Coventry fans checking out our form will probably also be licking their lips. On paper it's fallen off a cliff - from 9 wins out of 10, to 0 wins in 4.

Tomorrow night, Cov are at home, and we are away.
On the last 4 home matches form table, Cov are 12th.
On the last 4 away matches form table, we're 13th.

The stats don't come closes to telling the whole story in either case, but it's fair to say that our form is not stellar.

Tomorrow is as hard as the Hull game. Possibly more so.

We don't firstly know what team is ccoming out so I expect us to spend the first 20 minutes trying to sort our shape out to counter the surprises. If we concede during that period then most likely Coventry then go into sit deep mode which we've struggled to break down alot thus season.

If I knew 1000% we'd get a win sat. I'd take a point tomorrow if offered now. But when you've lost to maidstone at home it makes saturday a little nervy.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Has anyone checked Cov’s form in the last five games? on 08:24 - Apr 29 with 1666 viewsgrow_our_own

Has anyone checked Cov’s form in the last five games? on 08:17 - Apr 29 by FrimleyBlue

Tomorrow is as hard as the Hull game. Possibly more so.

We don't firstly know what team is ccoming out so I expect us to spend the first 20 minutes trying to sort our shape out to counter the surprises. If we concede during that period then most likely Coventry then go into sit deep mode which we've struggled to break down alot thus season.

If I knew 1000% we'd get a win sat. I'd take a point tomorrow if offered now. But when you've lost to maidstone at home it makes saturday a little nervy.

No, I'd take a point tomorrow. Think we'll beat Hudds at home - they're down and there's disarray in the camp. Main thing is we must avoid losing tomorrow. Southampton will be foot-off-the-gas, resting for the playoffs at Leeds.
Has anyone checked Cov’s form in the last five games? on 08:48 - Apr 29 with 1566 viewsmr_bean

Has anyone checked Cov’s form in the last five games? on 08:24 - Apr 29 by grow_our_own

No, I'd take a point tomorrow. Think we'll beat Hudds at home - they're down and there's disarray in the camp. Main thing is we must avoid losing tomorrow. Southampton will be foot-off-the-gas, resting for the playoffs at Leeds.

This.
Login to get fewer ads

Has anyone checked Cov’s form in the last five games? on 08:55 - Apr 29 with 1515 viewsfranz_tyson

We've drawn 3 and lost 1 in the last 4. On paper our form isn't so hot.
Expect no favours and expect to play a decent team and get the job done
Has anyone checked Cov’s form in the last five games? on 09:07 - Apr 29 with 1458 viewsWhos_blue

Has anyone checked Cov’s form in the last five games? on 08:55 - Apr 29 by franz_tyson

We've drawn 3 and lost 1 in the last 4. On paper our form isn't so hot.
Expect no favours and expect to play a decent team and get the job done

But the OP is focused on the last 5 games, which includes the win against the Saints.
So we're W1 L1 D3.

Not too shabby when compared with others in the top 6.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Has anyone checked Cov’s form in the last five games? on 09:18 - Apr 29 with 1409 viewsSufferingCovFan

Has anyone checked Cov’s form in the last five games? on 09:07 - Apr 29 by Whos_blue

But the OP is focused on the last 5 games, which includes the win against the Saints.
So we're W1 L1 D3.

Not too shabby when compared with others in the top 6.

Strange that last 4 or last 5 are being used.

Normally, it's last 6

So for Cov, we have W1, D2, L3.

And results don't always show form. We beat Leeds but had to defend hard for most of the second half, lost to Southampton and their Isle of Wight ref but still had most of the second half ourselves, Man United has been covered. Only Birmingham away is where we've not turned up and the thoughts are that they were thinking about a bigger game the next weekend.
Has anyone checked Cov’s form in the last five games? on 09:57 - Apr 29 with 1297 viewsArnieM

Two ways of looking at it really. One , they’re due a win. Or two, they’re there for the taking ….. but ultimately, beware the wounded animal.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Has anyone checked Cov’s form in the last five games? on 10:21 - Apr 29 with 1215 viewsitfcjoe

Has anyone checked Cov’s form in the last five games? on 22:11 - Apr 28 by gainsboroughblue

McKenna playing 4D chess all season

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Has anyone checked Cov’s form in the last five games? on 10:23 - Apr 29 with 1186 viewsitfcjoe

Has anyone checked Cov’s form in the last five games? on 09:18 - Apr 29 by SufferingCovFan

Strange that last 4 or last 5 are being used.

Normally, it's last 6

So for Cov, we have W1, D2, L3.

And results don't always show form. We beat Leeds but had to defend hard for most of the second half, lost to Southampton and their Isle of Wight ref but still had most of the second half ourselves, Man United has been covered. Only Birmingham away is where we've not turned up and the thoughts are that they were thinking about a bigger game the next weekend.

I thought you were awful on Saturday as well?

The squad seems to be in getting ready for next season mode which is totally understandable too - just hope we can come away with something

Has anyone checked Cov’s form in the last five games? on 10:33 - Apr 29 with 1134 viewsPinewoodblue

Has anyone checked Cov’s form in the last five games? on 10:23 - Apr 29 by itfcjoe

The squad seems to be in getting ready for next season mode which is totally understandable too - just hope we can come away with something

Bonus that the suspended player is ex Leeds.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Has anyone checked Cov’s form in the last five games? on 11:03 - Apr 29 with 1018 viewsSufferingCovFan

Has anyone checked Cov’s form in the last five games? on 10:23 - Apr 29 by itfcjoe

Ipswich had a 2 week break before playing Hull. Blackburn was our 3rd game in 7, including the semi-final with extra time. Simply put, we are suffering from exhaustion. Observers of the game on Saturday have all said we looked leggy.

But it's fully understandable the amount of games we've had to play in a short period. And 120 mins at Wembley, a pitch known for sapping strength, didn't help.

So to suggest we're getting ready for next season is a little disingenuous. This was supposed to be a rebuild year after all our transfers in and out last summer. But the team have done exceptionally well to have both the cup run and a push for playoffs. We're still short on players so it was always going to come back to haunt us.
Has anyone checked Cov’s form in the last five games? on 13:01 - Apr 29 with 746 viewsitfcjoe

Has anyone checked Cov’s form in the last five games? on 11:03 - Apr 29 by SufferingCovFan

Ipswich had a 2 week break before playing Hull. Blackburn was our 3rd game in 7, including the semi-final with extra time. Simply put, we are suffering from exhaustion. Observers of the game on Saturday have all said we looked leggy.

But it's fully understandable the amount of games we've had to play in a short period. And 120 mins at Wembley, a pitch known for sapping strength, didn't help.

So to suggest we're getting ready for next season is a little disingenuous. This was supposed to be a rebuild year after all our transfers in and out last summer. But the team have done exceptionally well to have both the cup run and a push for playoffs. We're still short on players so it was always going to come back to haunt us.

There's definitely extenuating circumstances, and wasn't a criticism of Cov but more looking at it from our perspective.

Meant more getting ready for next season now you are out of things - if Sheaf is a doubt then not going to risk him and have him miss pre season....last year with the late start due to POs, and Wright/Simms taking a while to settle made it very difficult but in a fantastic position to push on next year so need to not do anything to jeapordise that

Has anyone checked Cov’s form in the last five games? on 15:20 - Apr 29 with 546 viewsElderGrizzly

I think this is where McKenna's "take one game at a time" comes into its own.

He had almost the perfect game plan (minus the individual defensive mistakes) against Hull and on another day we would have had 5 or 6.

I expect nothing less tomorrow and the one thing you can be sure of is he will have planned it out meticulously.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024