Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coach Welcome Saturday? 09:04 - Apr 29 with 1977 viewsozzy_itfc

It's going down to the final game, regardless of what happens against Cov.

Surprised to see no mention of a coach welcome yet.

It felt like it was arranged earlier last season / against Norwich.

Is it going to happen?
Coach Welcome Saturday? on 09:06 - Apr 29 with 1791 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Not for me.

Just treat it as any other home game. We have won so many of them this season without coach welcomes.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Coach Welcome Saturday? on 09:18 - Apr 29 with 1721 viewscarlisleaway

The players could do without a welcome for this important match
Coach Welcome Saturday? on 09:21 - Apr 29 with 1692 viewsPinewoodblue

Too many would want to be a part of it. Doubt Police would approve.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Coach Welcome Saturday? on 09:26 - Apr 29 with 1659 viewsEuropablue

It makes absolutely no sense to have had a coach welcome for the Norwich game and not the final match of the season with everything to play for going into the last game of the season.
I hope the plan is being made behind the scenes and maybe they are just waiting until after the Coventry match to announce it.
Coach Welcome Saturday? on 09:28 - Apr 29 with 1632 viewsgainsboroughblue

Not sure on this one and some of this thinking is not knowing what has happened tomorrow yet.

Probably coincidental but didn't seem to have the desired effect v Nodge.

I think I'd be happier letting the players go about their normal routine for this without the added stimuli.

Maybe getting in the ground earlier and creating a wall of noise so they can hear that as they approach PR would be just as inspiring for them.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Coach Welcome Saturday? on 09:28 - Apr 29 with 1632 viewsbluejacko

NO let theplayers arrive as normal! By all means celebrate afterwards hopefully.
Coach Welcome Saturday? on 09:34 - Apr 29 with 1577 viewsPinewoodblue

Coach Welcome Saturday? on 09:28 - Apr 29 by bluejacko

NO let theplayers arrive as normal! By all means celebrate afterwards hopefully.

Get in your ‘seat’ early help build the atmosphere , assuming tomorrow goes well time to celebrate.

2023 year of destiny

Coach Welcome Saturday? on 09:37 - Apr 29 with 1529 viewsEuropablue

Coach Welcome Saturday? on 09:28 - Apr 29 by bluejacko

It seemed to work last season when we needed a home win to confirm promotion. It cheapened it to have a coach welcome for the Norwich match. The big difference is that it's also a thank you for the whole season and we will be playing a team who are not up for it and more than likely will be intimidated by the atmosphere which hopefully the team will feed off.
Login to get fewer ads

Coach Welcome Saturday? on 09:52 - Apr 29 with 1458 viewsTractorCam

Coach Welcome Saturday? on 09:28 - Apr 29 by gainsboroughblue

Not sure on this one and some of this thinking is not knowing what has happened tomorrow yet.

Probably coincidental but didn't seem to have the desired effect v Nodge.

I think I'd be happier letting the players go about their normal routine for this without the added stimuli.

Maybe getting in the ground earlier and creating a wall of noise so they can hear that as they approach PR would be just as inspiring for them.

We battered Norwich, just didn't take our chances. It clearly worked well last year, 5-0 up after 30 minutes!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Coach Welcome Saturday? on 09:55 - Apr 29 with 1436 viewsgainsboroughblue

Coach Welcome Saturday? on 09:52 - Apr 29 by TractorCam

We battered Norwich, just didn't take our chances. It clearly worked well last year, 5-0 up after 30 minutes!

Fair points. Whatever I think won't make a jot of difference anyway whatever is decided.

I'm probably overthinking things.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Coach Welcome Saturday? on 09:59 - Apr 29 with 1407 views_clive_baker_

It's a no for me tbh. I thought it was novel for Exeter, we also knew that not winning wasn't a disaster as we had another game following it which I dare say we would've won had we needed to.

When its then done for Norwich and now potentially again I think it loses something.
Coach Welcome Saturday? on 10:01 - Apr 29 with 1386 viewstractorshark

Coach Welcome Saturday? on 09:34 - Apr 29 by Pinewoodblue

Get in your ‘seat’ early help build the atmosphere , assuming tomorrow goes well time to celebrate.

Spot on. Get in the ground, get the atmosphere going early.

Don’t need a bus welcome. You’ll get one of those a couple of days later anyway if we go up.

But we do need to stay afterwards and salute the team regardless of whether we’ve gone up or not.
Coach Welcome Saturday? on 10:02 - Apr 29 with 1380 viewstrncbluearmy

Was wandering about this,
the scum one made sense,
and was brilliant even though our crew of pixx artist's couldn't drag ourselves away from the pub to be there!
Not so sure this time.

Suspect independent groups will gather for a quick wave on route but on balance do not think an organised one is the right way to go for this game.

Do think a smaller group with flags etc to see the lads of from the training ground would be good though.
[Post edited 29 Apr 10:03]
Coach Welcome Saturday? on 10:09 - Apr 29 with 1323 viewsEuropablue

Coach Welcome Saturday? on 10:02 - Apr 29 by trncbluearmy

Was wandering about this,
the scum one made sense,
and was brilliant even though our crew of pixx artist's couldn't drag ourselves away from the pub to be there!
Not so sure this time.

Suspect independent groups will gather for a quick wave on route but on balance do not think an organised one is the right way to go for this game.

Do think a smaller group with flags etc to see the lads of from the training ground would be good though.
[Post edited 29 Apr 10:03]

The Norwich one made absolutely no sense.
The Exeter one was a thank for the whole season and a boost to get over the line.
I'd imagine that repeating that would get the players that were there in the same mood as they were in when they raced into a huge lead.
Coach Welcome Saturday? on 10:13 - Apr 29 with 1285 viewsPinewoodblue

Coach Welcome Saturday? on 10:01 - Apr 29 by tractorshark

Don’t need a bus welcome. You’ll get one of those a couple of days later anyway if we go up.

But we do need to stay afterwards and salute the team regardless of whether we’ve gone up or not.

Hope majority stay behind to show appreciation as I have to drive down to Southampton after the match.

2023 year of destiny

Coach Welcome Saturday? on 10:14 - Apr 29 with 1264 viewsFrimleyBlue

Coach Welcome Saturday? on 09:37 - Apr 29 by Europablue

It seemed to work last season when we needed a home win to confirm promotion. It cheapened it to have a coach welcome for the Norwich match. The big difference is that it's also a thank you for the whole season and we will be playing a team who are not up for it and more than likely will be intimidated by the atmosphere which hopefully the team will feed off.

We had a game left to play tho. So had the worst happened we still had another opportunity.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Coach Welcome Saturday? on 10:15 - Apr 29 with 1258 viewstrncbluearmy

Coach Welcome Saturday? on 10:09 - Apr 29 by Europablue

The Norwich one made absolutely no sense.
The Exeter one was a thank for the whole season and a boost to get over the line.
I'd imagine that repeating that would get the players that were there in the same mood as they were in when they raced into a huge lead.

We will disagree on that then
Coach Welcome Saturday? on 10:24 - Apr 29 with 1222 viewsunbelievablue

Coach Welcome Saturday? on 10:14 - Apr 29 by FrimleyBlue

We had a game left to play tho. So had the worst happened we still had another opportunity.

Same concept on Saturday though.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Coach Welcome Saturday? on 10:29 - Apr 29 with 1169 viewsTractorCam

Coach Welcome Saturday? on 10:14 - Apr 29 by FrimleyBlue

Edited the original reply...

On a different note, the team were the ones who wanted the Norwich greeting, Burns was the one who planted the idea in one of Ipswich's youtube videos. So clearly it inspired them against Exeter for them to request it again.
[Post edited 29 Apr 10:30]

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Coach Welcome Saturday? on 10:57 - Apr 29 with 1039 viewsCopfordBlue

If we lost tomorrow night I’d say yes. This squad, manager and coaching staff need to know we’re proud of them and what they’ve done regardless of how this season finishes. It won’t be needed, we’re not losing tomorrow.

Poll: Most enjoyable calendar year as an Ipswich supporter

Coach Welcome Saturday? on 11:03 - Apr 29 with 1008 viewsEssexBloo

If we beat Cov then yes let’s do it.
Coach Welcome Saturday? on 11:21 - Apr 29 with 928 viewsEuropablue

Coach Welcome Saturday? on 10:57 - Apr 29 by CopfordBlue

If we lost tomorrow night I’d say yes. This squad, manager and coaching staff need to know we’re proud of them and what they’ve done regardless of how this season finishes. It won’t be needed, we’re not losing tomorrow.

To be consistent, I assume that you were against the bus greeting against Exeter.
I'm not strongly for or against the bus greeting, I'm just for consistency.
My main concern about the bus greeting is that it could have a negative impact on the result. Against Norwich, I felt before the match and after the result that it built up the match too much against an opponent who really wanted to win or at least not lose. Against Exeter it served to intimidate and generate an atmosphere of inevitability. I think that would work again against a very demoralized team who will most probably shrink in such an atmosphere and with nothing to play for. I also think that it is too soon to announce a bus greeting if that is that plan.

Anyway, what I hope above all else is that Blue Action consult the club and go with whatever the club feel would best serve them to perform at their very best. If KM wants a bus greeting he should get one!
Coach Welcome Saturday? on 11:25 - Apr 29 with 906 viewsEuropablue

Coach Welcome Saturday? on 10:01 - Apr 29 by tractorshark

If we come second we should do the same thing as last season and have an event in the park. If we win the league we can have an open-top bus parade.
Coach Welcome Saturday? on 11:51 - Apr 29 with 795 viewsMetal_Hacker

No !

Poll: If it were one or the other

Coach Welcome Saturday? on 12:08 - Apr 29 with 703 viewsCopfordBlue

Coach Welcome Saturday? on 11:21 - Apr 29 by Europablue

To be consistent, I assume that you were against the bus greeting against Exeter.
I'm not strongly for or against the bus greeting, I'm just for consistency.
My main concern about the bus greeting is that it could have a negative impact on the result. Against Norwich, I felt before the match and after the result that it built up the match too much against an opponent who really wanted to win or at least not lose. Against Exeter it served to intimidate and generate an atmosphere of inevitability. I think that would work again against a very demoralized team who will most probably shrink in such an atmosphere and with nothing to play for. I also think that it is too soon to announce a bus greeting if that is that plan.

Anyway, what I hope above all else is that Blue Action consult the club and go with whatever the club feel would best serve them to perform at their very best. If KM wants a bus greeting he should get one!

I hadn’t thought about it like that, it was more that Leeds fans leaving the game early on Friday night has shown their players and manager that they’re only really with them when they’re winning. Our team should know that our support doesn’t depend on the outcome of the next two games. They’ve earned our support for as long as they represent our club.

I’m not a “happy clapper” and I still can’t believe that the embarrassment of a team and useless manager were given a standing ovation by thousands at the end of the spineless relegation season.
[Post edited 29 Apr 12:09]

Poll: Most enjoyable calendar year as an Ipswich supporter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024