Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PLC Share Dividends 12:58 - Apr 29 with 4218 viewsZx1988

Having read the news article stating that there will be no dividend for PLC shareholders this year, and that any and all future dividends will be paid in their entirety to GameChanger, I was just wondering what others make of this.

For clarity, I have no skin in the game here; I wasn't anywhere near old/well-off enough to buy shares back in 2003.

I get the point of view that those who bought the shares probably saw it as a donation to the club in return for a share certificate, with little/no expectation of the shares ever generating a dividend or being worth anything, but is it right for the PLC board to be making a unanimous decision to that effect without consulting the shareholders?

What about those who may have fallen upon harder times, and had a little hope post-GC that the shares might end up being worth something or bought back?

If they're going to essentially treat the shares as worthless, would the decent thing to do not be to offer to buy them back as a token gesture of thanks?

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

PLC Share Dividends on 17:26 - Apr 29 with 357 viewsChurchman

PLC Share Dividends on 17:14 - Apr 29 by hoppy

Surely, and this may just be my simplistic take on it, but wouldn't sustained longevity in the premier League make them more residually than selling out on reaching it?

Seems logical to me.

If you take the club three years ago, rotting in L1, football ground decaying, training facilities ageing, no infrastructure, the club was worth what £40m? Now with some of these things addressed it is worth considerably more.

If we make it to the PL, stay in it and the club continues to develop off the pitch in the way that’s been talked about what will it be worth? It sure as hell won’t be £41m which is why your take makes sense to me. But who knows.

As far as shareholders from 2004 are concerned, the way this has been dealt with certainly raises an eyebrow. I’m not one but I certainly see shareholders’ point of view and it’s definitely a question for the next fans forum regardless of any other mechanisms available for raising it.
PLC Share Dividends on 17:36 - Apr 29 with 330 viewsellaandred

PLC Share Dividends on 16:53 - Apr 29 by Ryorry

Not sure what level 20 shares put me at, but I certainly got no offer of a signed shirt!

All the benefits were listed in the prospectus.
So I presume you invested at level 1.
I still have my prospectus. The things you keep !!
PLC Share Dividends on 17:48 - Apr 29 with 311 viewsRyorry

PLC Share Dividends on 17:36 - Apr 29 by ellaandred

All the benefits were listed in the prospectus.
So I presume you invested at level 1.
I still have my prospectus. The things you keep !!

I'll blame my inability to find mine on a house move!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

PLC Share Dividends on 20:43 - Apr 29 with 231 viewsNthsuffolkblue

PLC Share Dividends on 14:58 - Apr 29 by PhilTWTD

Raised £1.75m.

Shares Raise £1.75m 3rd Feb 2004 13:04
Town's share issue raised £1,746,420, around £400,000 added to the total during the two-week extension. The initial public offer of shares was closed last Friday. 0

So, buying back the shares from shareholders who saved the club would cost the club £1.75m.

I wonder what sort of dividends they are anticipating for those investing. I can understand the sentiment that shareholders invested to save the club but it seems to me that repaying them for doing so would be a good gesture.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

PLC Share Dividends on 21:25 - Apr 29 with 208 viewsnorth_stand77

PLC Share Dividends on 20:43 - Apr 29 by Nthsuffolkblue

So, buying back the shares from shareholders who saved the club would cost the club £1.75m.

I wonder what sort of dividends they are anticipating for those investing. I can understand the sentiment that shareholders invested to save the club but it seems to me that repaying them for doing so would be a good gesture.

I agree.

I bought shares to help out the Club that I've supported and loved nearly all my life.

However, it was a big deal for me, especially the number that I bought.
I do think the tone of the email is very dismissive of our efforts. It would be nice if there was some small 'reward' if they were not prepared to reimburse.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024