Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Prior purchase history needed for home Cov tickets 18:07 - Apr 29 with 1551 viewsSheffordBlue

Up until fairly recently this fixture was advertised as a cash on the day fixture. Probably unsurprisingly they've introduced the need to have a prior purchase history of home fixtures before you'll be allowed to buy one on the day tomorrow.

https://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/2024/april/news-matchday-guide-vs-ipswich-town/

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Prior purchase history needed for home Cov tickets on 18:28 - Apr 29 with 1477 viewsSufferingCovFan

The only area that pay on the gate was advertised for was the expanded home area in the South Stand.

And over the weekend, there was a thread on here about away fans wanting to use this facility to circumvent the limited capacity for away fans.

The desire for Ipswich fans to want to see their team is fully understandable but any chance of confrontation between home and away fans in the same seating area has obviously caused the club to rethink this idea.
Prior purchase history needed for home Cov tickets on 18:31 - Apr 29 with 1453 viewsIllinoisblue

Prior purchase history needed for home Cov tickets on 18:28 - Apr 29 by SufferingCovFan

The only area that pay on the gate was advertised for was the expanded home area in the South Stand.

And over the weekend, there was a thread on here about away fans wanting to use this facility to circumvent the limited capacity for away fans.

The desire for Ipswich fans to want to see their team is fully understandable but any chance of confrontation between home and away fans in the same seating area has obviously caused the club to rethink this idea.

I get the segregation aspect but it’s a shame there’ll probably be in excess of 5,000 empty seats tomorrow night.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Prior purchase history needed for home Cov tickets on 18:34 - Apr 29 with 1425 viewsSheffordBlue

Prior purchase history needed for home Cov tickets on 18:28 - Apr 29 by SufferingCovFan

Yeah saw that thread. It would be good if this thread was shared more widely on our social media - suspect there are probably quite a few planning on travelling who will expect to be able to buy on the day who will end up disappointed.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Prior purchase history needed for home Cov tickets on 18:38 - Apr 29 with 1402 viewspennblue

Lets face it mate, it was you blubbing over the Cov forum on Sunday. Most of the Cov fans are pretty reasonable and understand why there are thousands more Ipswich fans that would want to go to this game.

If you are a true football supporter, you would understand that after 20 years of nothing to celebrate, we perhaps are due something to get excited about.

But no, you had to blub. As for trouble, there is no issue between Ipswich and Coventry, everyone just wants to go to the game. If anyone is trying to stir trouble up, it is you.

You had a great day out 2 weeks ago at Wembley, but you have no doubt chosen to kick up a stink.

If roles were reversed, and we had 5,000 tickets, I would be saying fair play Cov, win or lose, go and enjoy yourself, it is after all a game of football.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Prior purchase history needed for home Cov tickets on 18:52 - Apr 29 with 1300 viewstextbackup

Prior purchase history needed for home Cov tickets on 18:38 - Apr 29 by pennblue

Lets face it mate, it was you blubbing over the Cov forum on Sunday. Most of the Cov fans are pretty reasonable and understand why there are thousands more Ipswich fans that would want to go to this game.

If you are a true football supporter, you would understand that after 20 years of nothing to celebrate, we perhaps are due something to get excited about.

But no, you had to blub. As for trouble, there is no issue between Ipswich and Coventry, everyone just wants to go to the game. If anyone is trying to stir trouble up, it is you.

You had a great day out 2 weeks ago at Wembley, but you have no doubt chosen to kick up a stink.

If roles were reversed, and we had 5,000 tickets, I would be saying fair play Cov, win or lose, go and enjoy yourself, it is after all a game of football.

I’d probably find a Cov fan on Twitter and offer my ST 😂

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Prior purchase history needed for home Cov tickets on 19:00 - Apr 29 with 1248 viewsSufferingCovFan

Prior purchase history needed for home Cov tickets on 18:38 - Apr 29 by pennblue

I am such a bastard, aren't I ? And I obviously have a direct link to the club to get them to change ticketing policy at short notice.

And in saying there would be no trouble. There may not be among the Ipswich fans. You may have the safest fanbase in the EFL but you know less about the reactions of the Coventry fans in the next block of seats.

Please check the post that you started (IIRC).

I said that I do not attend games, home or away. I don't care who sits there. If Cov had given you the entire stand, fair play.

But Coventry City chose to limit away fans and you decided our ground rules shouldn't apply to you. That's just an admission of entitlement on your part. Something I'm pleased to have seen doesn't exist in your entire fanbase.
Prior purchase history needed for home Cov tickets on 19:03 - Apr 29 with 1219 viewsSitfcB

Prior purchase history needed for home Cov tickets on 19:00 - Apr 29 by SufferingCovFan

I am such a bastard, aren't I ? And I obviously have a direct link to the club to get them to change ticketing policy at short notice.

And in saying there would be no trouble. There may not be among the Ipswich fans. You may have the safest fanbase in the EFL but you know less about the reactions of the Coventry fans in the next block of seats.

I said that I do not attend games, home or away. I don't care who sits there. If Cov had given you the entire stand, fair play.

But Coventry City chose to limit away fans and you decided our ground rules shouldn't apply to you. That's just an admission of entitlement on your part. Something I'm pleased to have seen doesn't exist in your entire fanbase.

I doubt it was a coincidence that the block immediately next to the away fans was available to buy in the night.

Cov could’ve sold us 6,000 and made a bit of money, shot them selves in the foot.
[Post edited 29 Apr 19:03]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Prior purchase history needed for home Cov tickets on 19:30 - Apr 29 with 1077 viewsBuhrer

Prior purchase history needed for home Cov tickets on 19:00 - Apr 29 by SufferingCovFan

You don't attend your own games. Home or away. But you're on a rival fans forum dishing out club ticketing rules? That's an admission of raging entitlement if ever there was x
Login to get fewer ads

Prior purchase history needed for home Cov tickets on 19:31 - Apr 29 with 1077 viewsGiant_Midget

As someone who has access to a ticket in the home end tomorrow, I've decided against it. I couldn't sit on my hands for 90 minutes.

I'll enjoy it more watching it in an environment where I can cheer and groan with every twist in the game.
Prior purchase history needed for home Cov tickets on 19:31 - Apr 29 with 1073 viewsSufferingCovFan

Prior purchase history needed for home Cov tickets on 19:03 - Apr 29 by SitfcB

I doubt it was a coincidence that the block immediately next to the away fans was available to buy in the night.

Cov could’ve sold us 6,000 and made a bit of money, shot them selves in the foot.
[Post edited 29 Apr 19:03]

For clarification, the block next to the away fans is a segregation block, basically a tarpaulin over 1500 seats. So Cov would sit in blocks 11-13 of the extended home end.

In the Coventry forum thread that Penn mentions, there has been debate about how we can be more flexible in accommodating more or less away fans on a game by game basis.

The restricted away end was introduced in Feb for our Preston game as a trial and then reintroduced just before Easter for the rest of the season. So it wasn't going to be rescinded for yourselves. And up till last Wednesday, we still had a shot (albeit a long one) at Playoffs so could have used the extra seats ourselves. Saturday ended our hopes entirely.

I've even added a post on the Sky Blues Chat thread myself (which Penn hasn't read, I guess) wondering if and how we could add a mixed seating block for home, neutral and away fans to enter without pre-purchases with the necessary stewarding and policing to prevent problems between fans.

Sadly, this won't help Ipswich for tomorrow but as a club, we have something to think about for ourselves and our future visitors.
Prior purchase history needed for home Cov tickets on 19:45 - Apr 29 with 1006 viewsSufferingCovFan

Prior purchase history needed for home Cov tickets on 19:30 - Apr 29 by Buhrer

You don't attend your own games. Home or away. But you're on a rival fans forum dishing out club ticketing rules? That's an admission of raging entitlement if ever there was x

We've not chatted. And from your comment, you've not read my previous posts. Well, you've read my one comment above and decided to blow up over nothing.

Understandable.

So let me explain. I don't attend any game because of mental health problems. Otherwise, I'd be up at the CBS every home game. Like I was at Highfield Road for 20 years before 2001. But don't let facts get in the way of your faux outrage.

And I don't and have not dished out any ticketing rules. That makes it sound like I make them up for the club. As in every post I've made here, I've advised this forum on Coventry's team, history and policies.

Your fans wanted to circumvent those ticketing policies for their own gain. That is entitlement ie. "This doesn't apply to me. I can do what I want."

Where is me advising of the policy and recommending against this idea your admission of raging entitlement ?

Sorry friend. Your comment is so far off course, it's headed out to sea.
Prior purchase history needed for home Cov tickets on 19:49 - Apr 29 with 968 viewsBuhrer

Prior purchase history needed for home Cov tickets on 19:45 - Apr 29 by SufferingCovFan

We've not chatted. And from your comment, you've not read my previous posts. Well, you've read my one comment above and decided to blow up over nothing.

Understandable.

So let me explain. I don't attend any game because of mental health problems. Otherwise, I'd be up at the CBS every home game. Like I was at Highfield Road for 20 years before 2001. But don't let facts get in the way of your faux outrage.

And I don't and have not dished out any ticketing rules. That makes it sound like I make them up for the club. As in every post I've made here, I've advised this forum on Coventry's team, history and policies.

Your fans wanted to circumvent those ticketing policies for their own gain. That is entitlement ie. "This doesn't apply to me. I can do what I want."

Where is me advising of the policy and recommending against this idea your admission of raging entitlement ?

Sorry friend. Your comment is so far off course, it's headed out to sea.

Blow up? Kabooooommmzzzzzzzzzzzzz on ignore for talking pretentious bollo cks.
Prior purchase history needed for home Cov tickets on 20:43 - Apr 29 with 836 viewsacj

Rich from Blue Monday can probably hook us all up - think he’s got a season ticket at Cov hasn’t he?

Haha to be fair, sitting in the home end to watch your team away isn’t that fun - done it a couple of times with the side I follow here in Chile. You can’t celebrate when you score, and it’s rubbish when the home team score and everyone around you is going mental!

Poll: Will Town score again this season?

Prior purchase history needed for home Cov tickets on 20:54 - Apr 29 with 741 viewsLord_Lucan

"And in saying there would be no trouble. There may not be among the Ipswich fans. You may have the safest fanbase in the EFL but you know less about the reactions of the Coventry fans in the next block of seats"

Ha Ha

They might want to get their own back after being run all around their own city circa 2003

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024