Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leeds fans 22:20 - Apr 30 with 5125 viewsbritbiker

Had to look into their forums and was surprised that they were quite gracious about us going up.

The Norwich forums however are quite hilarious. Worst team ever to get auto promotion. Rubbish league etc. Says a lot about them if they don't get promotion in a rubbish league.

Hopefully will see them suffer in the play offs.
Leeds fans on 23:15 - Apr 30 with 675 viewspointofblue

Leeds fans on 23:13 - Apr 30 by balcombeblue

A couple of things......

Worst team ever - 96 points, best xg, low on penalties (we were denied another tonight).

Injuries hit us with Hirst, Burns and others on the way

But most of all, a wage bill a fraction of Leicester and Leeds!

If we're the worst team ever what does that make them? Just the 20 points off us despite gaining three points on us this season.

That's the other thing - we dropped six points to Leeds. So, up to now, against the remaining 22 teams, we've picked up nine points on them.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Leeds fans on 23:17 - Apr 30 with 668 viewsbalcombeblue

Leeds fans on 23:15 - Apr 30 by pointofblue

If we're the worst team ever what does that make them? Just the 20 points off us despite gaining three points on us this season.

That's the other thing - we dropped six points to Leeds. So, up to now, against the remaining 22 teams, we've picked up nine points on them.

And that is why we stand on the brink!
Leeds fans on 23:18 - Apr 30 with 648 viewsBLUEBEAT

Leeds fans on 23:15 - Apr 30 by pointofblue

When the last season there was a gap of twenty (TWENTY) [20] points between us and them?

Poll: W or W

Leeds fans on 23:23 - Apr 30 with 609 viewsClareBlue

Leeds fans on 23:00 - Apr 30 by Vic

True, but hasn’t happened in the league all season. No reason to expect it to on the biggest game for 20 years.

Absolutely do not expect it to happen and we are blessed with a seriously good manager in the full definition of a manager, not just football but the whole man management and on tonight's evidence media management too.
This season hasn't been plain sailing. He has managed situations like Cardiff seriously impressively.
Leeds fans on 23:24 - Apr 30 with 596 viewsBlueandTruesince82

It's not over yet. Huddersfield will scrap with all they've got. We should get a point but stanger things have happened, 1 more push lads.

Coyb

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Leeds fans on 23:25 - Apr 30 with 580 viewspointofblue

Leeds fans on 23:18 - Apr 30 by BLUEBEAT

When the last season there was a gap of twenty (TWENTY) [20] points between us and them?

I presume you mean with us in the lead? Probably the year Jim was sacked (2008/2009) - Town finished on 66 points, Norwich 46 and relegated.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Leeds fans on 00:27 - May 1 with 472 viewsbritbiker

Leeds fans on 22:37 - Apr 30 by ClareBlue

We are not up. Huddersfield are a professional football team and deserve respect. Look at our FA cup game to see what can happen in a football game. Two shots two goals, we have 30 odd shots and lost.

Not us saying we're up, it's fans of other teams.

I've suffered too long to expect Huddersfield just to roll over, however and draw being needed rather than having to win is a huge bonus.
Leeds fans on 00:34 - May 1 with 451 viewsClareBlue

Leeds fans on 00:27 - May 1 by britbiker

I've suffered too long to expect Huddersfield just to roll over, however and draw being needed rather than having to win is a huge bonus.

Yes, it's really significant between a win and a draw. I'm 50 years last week since first game as a fan so know every emotion and outcome.
Login to get fewer ads

Leeds fans on 00:44 - May 1 with 428 viewsstonojnr

Leeds fans on 22:28 - Apr 30 by Radlett_blue

No, we haven't, but I can't see us losing at home to an all but relegated Huddersfield. McKenna will have the team properly primed.
[Post edited 30 Apr 22:29]

yeah but lets get the result we want first, then celebrate.

and its not the team Im worried about, its the fans.
Leeds fans on 00:57 - May 1 with 411 viewsRyorry

Leeds fans on 00:27 - May 1 by britbiker

There are also a fair few commenting that we're not up yet & that funny things can happen, last day dramas etc.

Like Keighley, I didn't see any dissing us - quite the opposite in fact, most were giving us plenty of recognition & credit for what we've done - so far ... tho it was quite funny being called a 'Yodel' by one of them (a typo I assume).

Fair play to them - having lived in Leeds for 14 years I know the vast majority of their fans are very decent - about 30K of them shouting "get off the pitch, you're a disgrace to the club" when the 500 of theirs came charging down the pitch at us 17 years ago (almost to the day).
[Post edited 1 May 1:08]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024