Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's probably been said before 00:49 - May 1 with 816 viewsGarv

In fact it's definitely been said before.

These players are mentality monsters. On quality and ability alone they shouldn't be where they are, I think they would probably admit that. But they, generally, do not suffer set backs.

The way we reacted to all the Hull goals on Saturday, and how we reacted to Cov's goal tonight, showed that.

Stoppage time (and probably 10-15 minutes before it) was horrible. The dark haired chap in the away end on sky gurning in anguish would have made me burst out laughing if I wasn't so tense myself. I could see why the cameraman kept going back to him, it really captured the emotion.

Shout outs to the whole squad but particularly tonight to;

Sarmiento - so so busy offensively and defensively, needs to aim for the corners more but gives us so much forward thrust and clever touches. Was heavily involved in us seeing out the game as well.

Burgess - same old story really but he takes charge and heads everything

Fridge - to come in again from the relative cold and perform like that. Says everything about McKenna's management. He's never let players stay too far away from things even when they don't look like regular starters (Edmundson, Jackson, Harness etc)

Burns and Hirst - these two get a joint mention for being in similar situations fitness wise. The last two games both of them have been unreal. Physically they are massive for us. Imagine if they'd both been fit the whole season?

One more push 🙏

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

It's probably been said before on 00:56 - May 1 with 750 viewstractorboy1978

Well said. I’d add a special mention for Davis too. He’s some specimen - rolled his ankle a few days ago and had cramp for the last 15 minutes but still throwing himself forward and putting his body on the line. Probably the best athlete I’ve seen in my time supporting Town.
It's probably been said before on 01:02 - May 1 with 715 viewsChurchman

Yep, nearly there, Garv.

I hope you can believe it because I can’t. The more I think about it, the more unreal it is.

Last season we trampled all over Derby, Bolton, Barnsley, Peterborough and a load at home because we were miles better. This feels different. Every team is as tough as hell. I hoped Coventry would take it easy. Did they heck. All those games in the last 10 days and they were as professional as you get. So were Hull. Watford and Middlesbrough too.

Cliche but it’s correct - there are no easy games in the Championship. Yet 45 games in, here we stand. No financial doping. 45 games says luck plays no part either. We are 93 points on merit. A damn good team, squad and most important of all, club.

One more push.
[Post edited 1 May 1:14]
It's probably been said before on 01:04 - May 1 with 705 viewsIllinoisblue

It's probably been said before on 00:56 - May 1 by tractorboy1978

Well said. I’d add a special mention for Davis too. He’s some specimen - rolled his ankle a few days ago and had cramp for the last 15 minutes but still throwing himself forward and putting his body on the line. Probably the best athlete I’ve seen in my time supporting Town.

Davis was amazing, especially the last 10 - 15 mins where he somehow found extra energy. An incredible purchase for just 1m

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

It's probably been said before on 01:11 - May 1 with 671 viewsFixed_It

It's probably been said before on 01:04 - May 1 by Illinoisblue

Davis was amazing, especially the last 10 - 15 mins where he somehow found extra energy. An incredible purchase for just 1m

If we get promoted, one of the best bits about it is that Leif will probably stay.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

It's probably been said before on 01:44 - May 1 with 577 viewsIllinoisblue

It's probably been said before on 01:11 - May 1 by Fixed_It

If we get promoted, one of the best bits about it is that Leif will probably stay.

Literally a win/win scenario.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024