Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is there any doubt that we won’t do it? 16:02 - May 1 with 3473 viewsSitfcB

Is it natural just to have a little bit of doubt?

This is Ipswich Town after all…

I’m probably 90% sure we’ll do it, Exeter style as well…but the 10% doubt is horrible.

Still a job to do!

COYB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Is there any doubt that we won’t do it? on 16:52 - May 1 with 790 viewsZx1988

Is there any doubt that we won’t do it? on 16:51 - May 1 by Battersea_Blue

To win the game. Unfortunately that’s all they have to play for . .

That would be an interesting scenario - if they go 1-0 up, park the bus, and start getting abuse from their own fans for doing so...

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Is there any doubt that we won’t do it? on 16:53 - May 1 with 776 viewsBlueschev

Is there any doubt that we won’t do it? on 16:45 - May 1 by FrimleyBlue

They aren't going to score anywhere near 15 goals,

the fans might want them to roll over, but the players might fancy beating 2nd place town

I don't think they'll roll over, I just don't believe they'll park the bus if they go a goal up. And given how relentless we can be going forward, I doubt they'd have the energy and desire to do so at this stage of the season with nothing to play for.
Is there any doubt that we won’t do it? on 16:59 - May 1 with 745 viewsLeistonBlue

Every time I start to think we’re there I think of the Rotherham home game, then begin shaking like a leaf with fear.. it’s not over yet - this is Ipswich Town don’t forget
Is there any doubt that we won’t do it? on 17:05 - May 1 with 723 viewsBattersea_Blue

Is there any doubt that we won’t do it? on 16:52 - May 1 by Zx1988

That would be an interesting scenario - if they go 1-0 up, park the bus, and start getting abuse from their own fans for doing so...

That would be hilarious . .

Maybe they’d join in with our songs too . . 😂
Is there any doubt that we won’t do it? on 17:05 - May 1 with 728 views_clive_baker_

90% likely we do our bit IMO, maybe even higher. 25% Leeds don't do their bit.

93% chance of promotion on Saturday.
Is there any doubt that we won’t do it? on 17:06 - May 1 with 717 viewsyorkshireblue

Is there any doubt that we won’t do it? on 16:53 - May 1 by Blueschev

I don't think they'll roll over, I just don't believe they'll park the bus if they go a goal up. And given how relentless we can be going forward, I doubt they'd have the energy and desire to do so at this stage of the season with nothing to play for.

Whilst Huddersfield might not have anything to play for as a club, I bet some of their players will fancy a move away and they may feel putting in a performance in a big game live on Sky might help them facilitate that.
Is there any doubt that we won’t do it? on 17:09 - May 1 with 698 viewsTrumptonBlue

Is there any doubt that we won’t do it? on 16:40 - May 1 by Blueschev

I'd just like us to stick to the style of play that has got us to 93 points from 45 games, one defeat at home, and the highest amount of goals in the division.

Huddersfield need to score 15, why would they park the bus at 1-0?

Because they've heard Hull are 14-0 up at Plymouth.
Is there any doubt that we won’t do it? on 17:21 - May 1 with 656 viewsBattersea_Blue

Is there any doubt that we won’t do it? on 17:09 - May 1 by TrumptonBlue

Because they've heard Hull are 14-0 up at Plymouth.

😂

It would actually have to be 15-0 as Plymouth have scored more goals . . 😂
Login to get fewer ads

Is there any doubt that we won’t do it? on 18:23 - May 1 with 584 viewsyorkshireblue

Is there any doubt that we won’t do it? on 16:46 - May 1 by le2blue

Did not need to know this fact.

Sorry…. I think about 8 people office all told me today…
Is there any doubt that we won’t do it? on 18:38 - May 1 with 558 viewsITFC_History

Let’s not forget it was 95 days ago we lost at home to Maidstone. Anything is possible. Hopefully we will get an early goal to take the pressure of everyone on & off the pitch.
Is there any doubt that we won’t do it? on 19:17 - May 1 with 505 viewsstonojnr

It's natural because we've all seen games, seasons and tournaments turn around completely, if football was predictable it wouldn't be half as interesting

Last games of the season especially turn up wacky results.

So there are no dead certs or easy games in football, as one former player now beeb pundit once memorably claimed except for playing Ipswich, who found out he was wrong when Town then beat his team in a game he thought he'd win easily.
Is there any doubt that we won’t do it? on 19:19 - May 1 with 500 viewsMK1

I can't see a world where we don't do it.
A draw is all that is needed, but see us winning 4-0 at ease.
Is there any doubt that we won’t do it? on 19:39 - May 1 with 465 viewsTheBoyBlue

Yep. I know this team will prepare right, but I've got nightmare visions of us us having one of those games where we have 30 shots but can't the ball in the net and whilst our defence has been great we've seen plenty of times when the opposition get a goal against us with their first opportunity. Looking at it from outside it's irrational, everything is basically as perfectly set as it can be, but I guess we wouldn't be fans without nerves and those nerves come with the chance - however slim - that we don't do it.

However, I trust in this team and I think if we can get a couple of first-half goals I can imagine this Huddersfield team laying down their tools and it being fairly relaxed.

COYBs!

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Is there any doubt that we won’t do it? on 19:40 - May 1 with 458 viewsTheBoyBlue

Is there any doubt that we won’t do it? on 16:19 - May 1 by Keno

re-arrange the following numbers to give you a nightmare scenario

How did you know my pin number?

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Is there any doubt that we won’t do it? on 19:53 - May 1 with 416 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Is there any doubt that we won’t do it? on 20:14 - May 1 with 395 viewsBlueForYou

Who will take the penalty to decide it? It’s bound to happen!
Is there any doubt that we won’t do it? on 20:26 - May 1 with 362 viewsFromReuserWithLove

I'm scared. Again.
Is there any doubt that we won’t do it? on 20:53 - May 1 with 314 viewslowhouseblue

i'm very sorry for the pedantry but your thread title is the equivalent of a double negative. doubting that we won't do it is a good and positive thing. i am extremely doubtful that we won't do it because i, with a moderate level of confidence, think we will do it. apologies again.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Is there any doubt that we won’t do it? on 20:55 - May 1 with 307 viewsfooters

I keep thinking that if we don't get autos it's over.

Then I remember we've still got the play-offs.

But we are so close now, to not do it would really piss on our chips.

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024