Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Help a town fan get blotto on Saturday 21:57 - May 1 with 1077 viewsbluelagos

Proper secure motorbike parking Ipswich: Am committed to something that means am on the motorbike Saturday morning pre match. Have also managed to arrange a lift home from Ipswich on Saturday evening - meaning can go on the lash Saturday pm (IF we win). Can lock my helmet etc. to the bike - but still got a nagging worry.

So I need somewhere to leave the bike chained up for probably a couple of days before I can pick it up - defo not keen on parking in one of the town center car parks - bearing in mind there will possibly be 10k p*ssed up town fans - "yeah look at that bike - let's sit on it" (and accidentally knock it over)

I say that as that is exactly the sort of thing I'd have done 30 odd years ago. Anyone know any safe spots to leave a bike for a couple of days - safe from thieves and drunken footie fans alike?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Help a town fan get blotto on Saturday on 21:59 - May 1 with 1039 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Stick it behind Burgess

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Help a town fan get blotto on Saturday on 22:02 - May 1 with 1015 viewsbluelagos

Help a town fan get blotto on Saturday on 21:59 - May 1 by WestStanderLaLaLa

Stick it behind Burgess

Second issue with the bike - it's green - and I'll be carrying a yellow rucksack - so can't realistically be anywhere near any pyro waving, coach welcoming towen youth.

Help a town fan get blotto on Saturday on 22:09 - May 1 with 956 viewsLord_Lucan

You can park it in my IP4 front drive if you want.

May not be ideal but you can put it behind the front hedge and it won’t be seen unless there is an intruder.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Help a town fan get blotto on Saturday on 22:14 - May 1 with 908 viewsbluelagos

Help a town fan get blotto on Saturday on 22:09 - May 1 by Lord_Lucan

May not be ideal but you can put it behind the front hedge and it won’t be seen unless there is an intruder.

Is it walkable to the stadium?

Defo take you up on that if it is.

Help a town fan get blotto on Saturday on 22:45 - May 1 with 819 viewsgainsboroughblue

I'm in IP3 and have my own designated parking spot you can use. I rarely use it myself as there is always space at the front in my cul-de-sac, also I'm a lazy sod who'd rather not walk the extra 40 or 50 yards.

PM me if you've exhausted other options.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Help a town fan get blotto on Saturday on 22:46 - May 1 with 814 viewstextbackup

Or you get on it and take it for a spin when you get home in the early hours 😂

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Help a town fan get blotto on Saturday on 22:49 - May 1 with 771 viewsLord_Lucan

Help a town fan get blotto on Saturday on 22:14 - May 1 by bluelagos

Is it walkable to the stadium?

Defo take you up on that if it is.

I suppose it depends on your relation to fitness and life.

It would be fine for some people, others might actually love it. Personally I get worn out walking to my taxi.

RKD is a constant walker into town.

I've just google mapped it and to Portman Rd it is 2.4 miles (52 mins)

Edit - I'm getting a taxi into town about 08.45 so you could jump in that if it fits.
[Post edited 1 May 22:53]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Help a town fan get blotto on Saturday on 22:54 - May 1 with 737 viewsBrianTablet

Gatw...

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Login to get fewer ads

Help a town fan get blotto on Saturday on 23:08 - May 1 with 679 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

And what a fine looking hedge it is too.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Help a town fan get blotto on Saturday on 23:24 - May 1 with 666 viewsLord_Lucan

Help a town fan get blotto on Saturday on 22:49 - May 1 by Lord_Lucan

I suppose it depends on your relation to fitness and life.

It would be fine for some people, others might actually love it. Personally I get worn out walking to my taxi.

RKD is a constant walker into town.

I've just google mapped it and to Portman Rd it is 2.4 miles (52 mins)

Edit - I'm getting a taxi into town about 08.45 so you could jump in that if it fits.
[Post edited 1 May 22:53]

Forgot to say.

Said hedge is a bit wonky as I got a new aged traveller to cut it.

Help a town fan get blotto on Saturday on 04:42 - May 2 with 557 viewsSitfcB

Could park it inside at Crown Street car park, they shut it over night, all the shutters come down and it’s secured.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Help a town fan get blotto on Saturday on 06:27 - May 2 with 471 viewsbluelagos

Fingers crossed just had an offer 5 mins from Portman Rd.

Thx to all who offered. Appreciated all.

Ipswich boys are on the beers,
Norwich fans they're in tears
Morsey and McKenna's men
We're going up again 😎

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024