Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Backroom staff, fitness and upward trajectory. 10:00 - May 2 with 480 viewsbsw72

I am sure this has been discussed on here already, but I have been thinking about how critical the backroom staff supporting McK and the players have been. Over the whole season I do not feel we have been hugely impacted by what I would consider "niggly" injuries that take players out for 1-2 games, the little strains and pulls. We obviously lost players to bigger injuries such as Hirst and more recently Burns but on the whole the squad has been generally available.

That is not luck, it suggests the level of pre and post match preparation has been very good, as has training stress management - yet another critical component demonstrating how well the club is being run top to bottom.

I've been going to PR for 40+ years, and it has never felt as positive and bouyant as it does now, there is a feeling of stability and trust in the future planning that feels very different to previous upward performance spikes.

My only concern is that every time we have then gone and rebuilt a stand, the bubble has burst and everything has subsequently gone t!ts up . . . .
Backroom staff, fitness and upward trajectory. on 10:10 - May 2 with 407 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Indeed, I've been supporting Town since the late 60s, and whilst our team now has yet to reach the heights of the glory years, the off the pitch management of the entire club is the best it has ever been. Which is what gives me confidence that this time, any major stadium redevelopment will not impact our on-the-field performances anywhere near as much as the previous times.

Poll: would you rather

Backroom staff, fitness and upward trajectory. on 10:26 - May 2 with 364 viewsNthQldITFC

I uppied you before I read your last paragraph, but I'd just say that the circumstances are so different now and not to worry about architecture!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Backroom staff, fitness and upward trajectory. on 10:52 - May 2 with 315 viewsGuthrum

It's also the case that, unlike often in the past, we don't have one or two key players who get long-term injured without adequate cover or replacement, rendering us utterly toothless. The closest was when Davis and Hirst were out in late December. But even then, we only lost one match.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024