Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good Luck Tractor Boys 17:51 - May 2 with 1882 viewsFevsBCFC

Hi all. It’s been a while, but thought I’d wish you all the best for hopefully your final match of the season against Huddersfield.

Been a hoy watching true front foot football from your boys all season, even if I didn’t really want you to do well.

But I’d be more than happy to either / both Leeds or Saints stay down.

I still can’t believe you have done so well, but you have a fantastic manager, and your core players have been so good. But I think you have tried to outscore teams (and succeeded) and it’s been fun to watch. And you’ve caught the boring, defensive teams out.

So I fully expect you to be saying bye-bye to the Championship come Saturday afternoon.

Good luck!

Still don’t like Mark Ashton though 😉
Good Luck Tractor Boys on 17:52 - May 2 with 1851 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Thank you for Mark Ashton. Seriously. Thank you so, so, so much. This man has been a legend.
[Post edited 2 May 17:52]
Good Luck Tractor Boys on 17:55 - May 2 with 1795 viewswkj

I looked at your forum the other day. It is refreshing to see people starting to think maybe Ashton wasn't the problem.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Good Luck Tractor Boys on 18:14 - May 2 with 1619 viewsMK1

Mark Ashton has been key to our surge towards the Premier League. I know your fan base detest him and I have read some of the stuff on him, but we haven't seen any of that around these parts.
I have a bit of history with Bristol City, so really don't like your club. Not your fans now, just the club as a whole.
Thanks for your good luck message, but thanks to our fantastic Manager, Players, Backroom Staff and of course Mark Ashton, we won't be needing it.
Good Luck Tractor Boys on 18:39 - May 2 with 1483 viewsChurchman

Thank you. I can’t believe we’ve done so well either. I thought we’d do ok and possibly challenge for the play offs but this season has been unreal, as has the manner of it. A game to go to try and get over the line. Fingers, toes and eyes crossed. Regardless, it’s been a brilliant season.

I know you didn’t want us to do well and noticed my user name crops up (with associated abuse) a few times in the 91 pages you are up to on us, but alls fair n all that jazz.

I don’t know whether you attended the ITFC v BC game at Portman Road. City were excellent that evening. That and the mixed results, both outstanding and not so good, suggest to me that you’ll have a good go at it next year. I know Manning isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but there’s plenty to like about how he sets a team up. I'd certainly stick with him.

Regarding Ashton, it’d appear that for many on OTIB views are tempered and the spotlight is more on your owners now. It’s difficult because I’m not sure anyone knows how the dynamic at a football club truly works. I suspect MA had more rope at BC than he has here. Even he admits the phone is on all the time for the American owners.

Anyway, good luck for next season.
Good Luck Tractor Boys on 18:50 - May 2 with 1419 viewsSitfcB

Thank you.

Mark Ashton is a bloody good bloke by the way.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Good Luck Tractor Boys on 18:53 - May 2 with 1391 viewsFevsBCFC

Good Luck Tractor Boys on 17:55 - May 2 by wkj

I looked at your forum the other day. It is refreshing to see people starting to think maybe Ashton wasn't the problem.

My view re Ashton himself as a person won’t change, but if you go back to my first ever post, you’ll note I always said the “blame” was between Lansdown (the owner), Ashton (CEO) and Johnson (Head-coach).

I think a combo of Steed / O’Leary has meant Ashton has focused on his strength…football administration / business.

At City he was given too much license to “dabble” where he shouldn’t.

(I think the game at your place flattered us…we just sat in a low block, and frustrated you first half. We scored two great goals that gave the impression we played better than we did)
Good Luck Tractor Boys on 19:25 - May 2 with 1227 viewsHipsterectomy

Yeah I’m still gonna need you to own up to saying Davis wouldn’t get assists in this league

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Good Luck Tractor Boys on 20:07 - May 2 with 1056 viewsGavTWTD

Good Luck Tractor Boys on 17:52 - May 2 by Mach_foreignBlue

Thank you for Mark Ashton. Seriously. Thank you so, so, so much. This man has been a legend.
[Post edited 2 May 17:52]

Had Ashton remained at BC I wonder if KMcK would have gone there?

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Login to get fewer ads

Good Luck Tractor Boys on 20:43 - May 2 with 927 viewsPendejo

Good Luck Tractor Boys on 20:07 - May 2 by GavTWTD

Had Ashton remained at BC I wonder if KMcK would have gone there?

Sky pretty much implied this didn't they?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Good Luck Tractor Boys on 08:48 - May 3 with 490 viewstractorboy1978

'Leif Davis won't do the same at this level as he did in L1'
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024