Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I wonder how many ther people have to turn the radio off, like me, 07:20 - May 3 with 506 viewsNthQldITFC

...when Lee Anders*n starts speaking.

I'm not sure that there has ever been such a combination of such a tvvattish person with such a tvvatish voice. Unbearable.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

I wonder how many ther people have to turn the radio off, like me, on 07:55 - May 3 with 429 viewsBlueWalloo

Nope...Someone needs to get a reasonable grip of immigration. Just bonkers that people continue to turn up stay in this country unchecked. I dont care which party does it, but whoever can raise the issue and deal with it has my vote!
I wonder how many ther people have to turn the radio off, like me, on 08:00 - May 3 with 414 viewsnaa

I wonder how many ther people have to turn the radio off, like me, on 07:55 - May 3 by BlueWalloo

Nope...Someone needs to get a reasonable grip of immigration. Just bonkers that people continue to turn up stay in this country unchecked. I dont care which party does it, but whoever can raise the issue and deal with it has my vote!

When legal migration is around 650k why are people getting so upset about the 20k coming over on boats? And why are they desperate to spend £1.8m per person to send 200 (two hundred) of them to a country that until recently we deemed to be unsafe?

Is migration a problem? Yes. Is the problem the small boat crossings? No, not really.

And, other than coming across as possibly racist and stupid what answers about the migration problem does Mr Anderson have?
[Post edited 3 May 8:08]
I wonder how many ther people have to turn the radio off, like me, on 08:19 - May 3 with 348 viewsGavTWTD

I'm the same with Truss. TV has hardly been on recently.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

I wonder how many ther people have to turn the radio off, like me, on 08:45 - May 3 with 310 viewsnaa

I wonder how many ther people have to turn the radio off, like me, on 07:55 - May 3 by BlueWalloo

I see you've down voted me without rebutting anything I said Bluewaloo...
I wonder how many ther people have to turn the radio off, like me, on 08:53 - May 3 with 295 viewsWhos_blue

Britain First.
National Front.
British National Party.
Reform.

These sort of parties would get your vote?

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

I wonder how many ther people have to turn the radio off, like me, on 08:56 - May 3 with 286 viewsGuthrum

The reason we have so many people coming in at the moment is all the EU citizens who used to work in care, nursing, etc., have left and been replaced by staff from India, Africa and the Philippines.

It's a shortage of workers to do the not-so-"nice" jobs on relatively low pay.

The increase in boats is because we don't cooperate with our European neighbours properly, have run down immigration/border control (same as many other public services) and cut overseas aid to help keep refugees where they came from.

Quite apart from the calculation that more workers equals more tax income equals a lower individual burden.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I wonder how many ther people have to turn the radio off, like me, on 09:17 - May 3 with 248 viewsBlueWalloo

I wonder how many ther people have to turn the radio off, like me, on 08:45 - May 3 by naa

I see you've down voted me without rebutting anything I said Bluewaloo...

Apologies :-)

It's not why it's happening, or how it's happening, or any kind of racism. It's purely the fact that we don't have a grip on the influx, for the right reasons.

Immigration is absolutely necessary, for the right reasons. If people have a genuine reason to be here, so be it. Regardless of the numbers, the pure risk in crossing a major sea lane risking their lives is not something that should be encouraged.

Amongst other things I would vote for, is the ability for this country to get hold of immigration and restore confidence that it is being managed.

Not overly contentious - just a view :-)
I wonder how many ther people have to turn the radio off, like me, on 09:20 - May 3 with 241 viewsSwansea_Blue

I wonder how many ther people have to turn the radio off, like me, on 08:00 - May 3 by naa

When legal migration is around 650k why are people getting so upset about the 20k coming over on boats? And why are they desperate to spend £1.8m per person to send 200 (two hundred) of them to a country that until recently we deemed to be unsafe?

Is migration a problem? Yes. Is the problem the small boat crossings? No, not really.

And, other than coming across as possibly racist and stupid what answers about the migration problem does Mr Anderson have?
[Post edited 3 May 8:08]

These people don’t want legal immigration either I suspect.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

I wonder how many ther people have to turn the radio off, like me, on 09:21 - May 3 with 237 viewsHerbivore

Why is this your main concern, ffs? People coming to the UK and seeking asylum aren't responsible for our crumbling NHS and schools, they aren't to blame for our sluggish economy and growing inequality and poverty. Well done on buying the distraction.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I wonder how many ther people have to turn the radio off, like me, on 09:27 - May 3 with 217 viewsnaa

I wonder how many ther people have to turn the radio off, like me, on 09:17 - May 3 by BlueWalloo

Apologies :-)

It's not why it's happening, or how it's happening, or any kind of racism. It's purely the fact that we don't have a grip on the influx, for the right reasons.

Immigration is absolutely necessary, for the right reasons. If people have a genuine reason to be here, so be it. Regardless of the numbers, the pure risk in crossing a major sea lane risking their lives is not something that should be encouraged.

Amongst other things I would vote for, is the ability for this country to get hold of immigration and restore confidence that it is being managed.

Not overly contentious - just a view :-)

Not overly contentious I agree. But what does "get hold of immigration" actually mean? You make it sound easy, whereas the fact it's consistently gone up over the last 14 years under a government who claim to care about keeping it under control would suggest it isn't easy at all.

If the best they can come up with to control the boat crossings is the ridiculous Rwanda scheme then it would suggest it isn't a simple solution at all.

I agree that people dangerously crossing the channel is not something we want but will the threat of 1% of those people being sent to another country going to stop it in any way? I think I can guess the answer to that.

Why do they come via such dangerous means? Because we don't offer a safe method of applying for asymlum, and because since we left the EU they know we aren't alllowed to send them back to where they came into the EU.

As others have pointed out, leaving the EU has created or exacerbated a lot of these problems for a number of reasons (such an irony!), but because no-one in politics is allowed to suggest Brexit was bad in any way, no-one will work on a solution that involves them at all.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024