Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For those unable to attend tomorrow... 19:52 - May 3 with 2442 viewsWellGroomedUngulate

What are your plans? Early start for us so it'll be Bloody Marys with the missus at home while hiding behind the sofa, then all being well, a bit of an afternoon bender with a few other ex-pats could be on the cards. Expect I'll spend the evening watching the scenes from Ipswich online with a tear in my eye and chatting to folks back home.

Probably going to have to start chatting a few up if I've any hope of a ticket when I make it back next season!

"Here for a good time, not a long time"

For those unable to attend tomorrow... on 19:57 - May 3 with 2082 viewsKropotkin123

Wake up at 03:30. Put on the pre-game show. Feed the newborn. Watch the game at 04:30. Hopefully watch the celebrations. Maybe go back to sleep.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

For those unable to attend tomorrow... on 20:03 - May 3 with 2034 viewsWellGroomedUngulate

For those unable to attend tomorrow... on 19:57 - May 3 by Kropotkin123

Wake up at 03:30. Put on the pre-game show. Feed the newborn. Watch the game at 04:30. Hopefully watch the celebrations. Maybe go back to sleep.

Ouch that's an early one. Somewhere out west I suppose? I'd quite like to skip this evening entirely and fast forward to five minutes before kick off quite honestly.

For those unable to attend tomorrow... on 20:43 - May 3 with 1966 viewsBonchosBicycle

We'll likely get Bloody Marys set up the night before and in the fridge for a 7.30 a.m. kick off. Most of the match will involve drinking, smoking, swearing, peeking through my fingers, and finally collapsing in exhaustion whatever the result. Better plan on an early night tonight.
For those unable to attend tomorrow... on 20:53 - May 3 with 1927 viewsgainsboroughblue

For those unable to attend tomorrow... on 20:03 - May 3 by WellGroomedUngulate

Ouch that's an early one. Somewhere out west I suppose? I'd quite like to skip this evening entirely and fast forward to five minutes before kick off quite honestly.

I'd like to go to sleep tonight, wake up at 230 pm tomorrow. Check the results and go to the pub.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

For those unable to attend tomorrow... on 20:58 - May 3 with 1908 viewsPerublue

For me the match starts at 6:30 AM , and coincides exactly with the time my daughter is travelling and then doing her SATS for possible entry into USA university life if she’s successful.
My wife has stepped up like a queen and super subbed me taking her instead…..teamwork.

I will be watching at home in my pants and my lucky beard I’ve grown and refuse to shave off until this is over.
[Post edited 3 May 21:00]

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

For those unable to attend tomorrow... on 21:04 - May 3 with 1853 viewsWellGroomedUngulate

For those unable to attend tomorrow... on 20:58 - May 3 by Perublue

For me the match starts at 6:30 AM , and coincides exactly with the time my daughter is travelling and then doing her SATS for possible entry into USA university life if she’s successful.
My wife has stepped up like a queen and super subbed me taking her instead…..teamwork.

I will be watching at home in my pants and my lucky beard I’ve grown and refuse to shave off until this is over.
[Post edited 3 May 21:00]

By over you mean we win the European Cup right?

For those unable to attend tomorrow... on 21:05 - May 3 with 1850 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Seriously debating standing somewhere on one of the busy approaches to the ground with a sign asking if anyone has a spare ticket.

Worst case: I look silly but people forget about me 30 seconds later, and I don't get a ticket.

Best case: I get a ticket.

@veterans_project on Instagram. Please follow the page.
Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

For those unable to attend tomorrow... on 21:15 - May 3 with 1796 viewsPerublue

For those unable to attend tomorrow... on 21:04 - May 3 by WellGroomedUngulate

By over you mean we win the European Cup right?

Absolutely … I’ll be looking like a hipster by then though at least 10 years after they were …. “Cool” ?

Login to get fewer ads

For those unable to attend tomorrow... on 21:19 - May 3 with 1749 viewsBarcaBlue

I have holiday homes in the Pyrenees and there's an English family arriving at one of them at "lunchtime". I'm praying that means around 1pm so I can then watch the match interrupted with a selection of Catalan beers. If it was a Catalan / Spanish group lunchtime could have meant any time during day so small mercies and all that.
For those unable to attend tomorrow... on 21:20 - May 3 with 1746 viewsCoastalblue

In Pendejo's car at 7-30 on the way to Ipswich, a boozy breakfast when we get there, and then unless I stumble across a ticket, working out where I will watch it.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

For those unable to attend tomorrow... on 21:34 - May 3 with 1659 viewsIllinoisblue

Will manage about three hours sleep, then it’ll be our game on the big TV and Leeds game on iPad. Sick to my stomach right now.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

For those unable to attend tomorrow... on 22:07 - May 3 with 1567 viewsWellGroomedUngulate

For those unable to attend tomorrow... on 21:34 - May 3 by Illinoisblue

Will manage about three hours sleep, then it’ll be our game on the big TV and Leeds game on iPad. Sick to my stomach right now.

Oh lawd it hasn't even occured to me it out the Leeds game on too. Should ? No. Yes. Balls. I dunno.

For those unable to attend tomorrow... on 22:15 - May 3 with 1522 viewsSwansea_Blue

Family/volunteering commitments. I might get to see a full replay if I’m lucky and TownTV release it in the evening, otherwise it’ll be out from 6 am til 7 pm and then highlights and bed before another 6 am start on Sunday. So shaping up to be a sh*t football weekend for me. I had to miss the PO final too for family stuff. Family sucks and don’t let anyone tell you anything different

I hope everyone who gets the chance to see it live or on Sky/TownTV has a great day.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

For those unable to attend tomorrow... on 22:17 - May 3 with 1515 viewsCoastalblue

For those unable to attend tomorrow... on 22:15 - May 3 by Swansea_Blue

Family/volunteering commitments. I might get to see a full replay if I’m lucky and TownTV release it in the evening, otherwise it’ll be out from 6 am til 7 pm and then highlights and bed before another 6 am start on Sunday. So shaping up to be a sh*t football weekend for me. I had to miss the PO final too for family stuff. Family sucks and don’t let anyone tell you anything different

I hope everyone who gets the chance to see it live or on Sky/TownTV has a great day.

and I genuinely hope you manage a day of avoiding scores and at some point can sit down, beer in hand, in a quiet room and watch the replay.

You could perhaps make a sitcom episode out of this scenario?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

For those unable to attend tomorrow... on 22:36 - May 3 with 1453 viewsArchiRob

Will watch live with my son at 11.30 pm in New Zealand on the TV with a beer stay for celebration 🍾 and then somehow try to get some sleep.

Poll: What best describes Norwich defeat

For those unable to attend tomorrow... on 22:46 - May 3 with 1424 viewsWellGroomedUngulate

For those unable to attend tomorrow... on 22:36 - May 3 by ArchiRob

Will watch live with my son at 11.30 pm in New Zealand on the TV with a beer stay for celebration 🍾 and then somehow try to get some sleep.

Good luck with that! Seeing as you're in the future maybe you can pop on here once the match is finished over there and reassure us that it's all ok!
[Post edited 3 May 22:50]

For those unable to attend tomorrow... on 23:11 - May 3 with 1308 viewsmutters

Mates are arriving at 11am.

Will cook em breakfast, and then onto the game. Post that will see how we feel. Only town fan watching it in my house, appreciate the support from my mates coming to enjoy the day with me. Some travelling over 3 hours to share the day

Going to be epic

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

For those unable to attend tomorrow... on 23:12 - May 3 with 1281 viewsPerublue

For those unable to attend tomorrow... on 22:17 - May 3 by Coastalblue

and I genuinely hope you manage a day of avoiding scores and at some point can sit down, beer in hand, in a quiet room and watch the replay.

You could perhaps make a sitcom episode out of this scenario?

A likely story

For those unable to attend tomorrow... on 23:50 - May 3 with 1199 viewsWallingford_Boy

For those unable to attend tomorrow... on 21:05 - May 3 by ThisIsMyUsername

Seriously debating standing somewhere on one of the busy approaches to the ground with a sign asking if anyone has a spare ticket.

Worst case: I look silly but people forget about me 30 seconds later, and I don't get a ticket.

Best case: I get a ticket.

Which pub we going to? Greyhound?

RIP Sir Bobby

For those unable to attend tomorrow... on 00:11 - May 4 with 1142 viewsOhiotractorboy

For those unable to attend tomorrow... on 23:50 - May 3 by Wallingford_Boy

Which pub we going to? Greyhound?

Getting up at 0715, putting on some coffee, and try not to throw up from nerves.
For those unable to attend tomorrow... on 04:25 - May 4 with 1050 viewsDubai_Blue

I'm at work in Kazakhstan, so the first half will be BBC text commentary, but the second half I will be traveling back to my accommodation so won't know any scores until I get back. Total Nightmare
[Post edited 4 May 5:25]
For those unable to attend tomorrow... on 04:58 - May 4 with 1023 viewsKropotkin123

For those unable to attend tomorrow... on 20:03 - May 3 by WellGroomedUngulate

Yeah, Vancouver:)

3:00 kick offs are the best. Wake up at 7 and watch the football and then crack on with the day
[Post edited 4 May 5:00]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

For those unable to attend tomorrow... on 06:51 - May 4 with 889 viewsbluejacko

Leaving Portadown 10.15 for KMc gaff in Enniskillen and hopefully have some craic with a few others😀
For those unable to attend tomorrow... on 09:01 - May 4 with 713 viewsSaleAway

Big fry up

Into Manchester to meet some fellow blues

After that, who knows...

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

For those unable to attend tomorrow... on 09:23 - May 4 with 657 viewsArchiRob

For those unable to attend tomorrow... on 22:46 - May 3 by WellGroomedUngulate

Good luck with that! Seeing as you're in the future maybe you can pop on here once the match is finished over there and reassure us that it's all ok!
[Post edited 3 May 22:50]

When you put it that way the game starts on Saturday and doesn't finish till Sunday - My nerves were shot watching Coventry over one day!!!

Poll: What best describes Norwich defeat

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024