Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sky Sports 22:45 - May 4 with 1668 viewsChrisd

Plenty of negativity about their commentary this season regarding ourselves many thinking they have favoured other sides with their narrative during match commentary, but I thought Don Goodman was hugely complimentary throughout today’s match and was really singing our praises. In fact, I thought their coverage overall today was spot on and really got across how huge this result was for the club and all concerned - players, staff and fans. Really felt they gave a true flavour for those that were unable to attend.
[Post edited 4 May 22:47]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Sky Sports on 22:48 - May 4 with 1591 viewspeterleeblue

I agree the extensive coverage was superb!!
Really enjoyed it.
Sky Sports on 23:00 - May 4 with 1474 viewsDarkBrandon

Sky Sports on 22:48 - May 4 by peterleeblue

Really enjoyed it.

Me too. Singing our praises for 90 minutes, plus something like an hour afterwards.
Sky Sports on 23:11 - May 4 with 1400 viewsMJallday

Sky Sports on 22:48 - May 4 by peterleeblue

Really enjoyed it.

Todays coverage on sky sports main event was excellent

Generally speaking though, they’ve been heavily biased towards that northern lot - so it’s been great to actually get a bit of recognition

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Sky Sports on 23:23 - May 4 with 1332 viewsNutkins_Return

I think we can be a bit hyper sensitive to it sometimes. It's kind of normal because we know our club inside out and upside down and even well versed pundits can't have the same understanding (or love) for each club and they can get it wrong. Not sure there is that much bias...they just dont say all the things or have the same opinions we do.

Found most of the coverage pretty decent this season. Mcanuff and Prutton are excellent.
Sky Sports on 07:57 - May 5 with 819 viewsJimmy86

Let's have it right, he has been one of the main pundits that continually wrote us off... He always hit us with fake praise, but continued to bang the Leeds United drum...

His effusive praise of us yesterday was as a result of Leeds losing and us winning to confirm promotion... His opinion is dependent on which way the wind blows at any time..
Sky Sports on 09:02 - May 5 with 558 viewsChrisd

Sky Sports on 23:23 - May 4 by Nutkins_Return

I think we can be a bit hyper sensitive to it sometimes. It's kind of normal because we know our club inside out and upside down and even well versed pundits can't have the same understanding (or love) for each club and they can get it wrong. Not sure there is that much bias...they just dont say all the things or have the same opinions we do.

Found most of the coverage pretty decent this season. Mcanuff and Prutton are excellent.

My feelings too. Similar to poor refereeing decisions, like we are the only team that has them go against us. Yes, yesterday was a day of celebration for us, but I thought Sky Sports got it spot on.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Sky Sports on 09:09 - May 5 with 493 viewswkj

Being dismissive in the early season makes for great soundbites at the end of the season. I don't think sky were ever that negative or patronising towards us, just priming the story for the end of the season.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Sky Sports on 09:12 - May 5 with 473 viewsGlasgowBlue

Agree. I turned Sky off after the final whistle thinking that Town TV would be the best bet for the post match celebrations but they need the show quite early whereas sky covered the whole event right to the end. Disappointed in TOwn TV for that.
[Post edited 5 May 9:13]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024