Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wardley 07:15 - May 5 with 6601 viewsZx1988

Did I miss him having a spell at RB or something early on in the season?

Tiniest fly in the ointment of an absolutely perfect day was him and his mates poncing about on the pitch as if they'd played an integral part in the season's events.

I'm sure MA is just keeping him sweet to ensure that the club gets the juicy pay-day that would come from hosting a fight, but he definitely needs ITFC more than the club needs him right now.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Wardley on 07:25 - May 5 with 4283 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Glad I’m not the only one. Should be nowhere near the pitch on a day like that.
Wardley on 07:48 - May 5 with 4181 viewsJimmy86

Wardley on 07:25 - May 5 by PrideOfTheEast

Makes at least 3 of us... We all love him, he's one of us and like Ed is a high profile town fan, but he really milked that for all it was worth
Wardley on 07:48 - May 5 with 4176 viewsPerublue

Wardley on 07:25 - May 5 by PrideOfTheEast

Was it a little Salt Baeish ?

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

Wardley on 08:11 - May 5 with 4009 viewsNeedhamChris

I decided against posting this, but 100% agree.

Has the feel of friends that come of the woodwork when people win the lottery. Seems completely see through and is a bit of a cringe fest.

I'm the grand scheme of things though, nothing taints yesterday really. Woke up and immediately I can't get the "15 years, who gives a f**k, we're Ipswich Town and we're going up" out of my head.

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Wardley on 08:13 - May 5 with 3982 viewsArnoldMoorhen

There were thousands of Town fans on the pitch, so a bit churlish to single him out.

It may be that he is a close friend of one or more of the squad.

I am not sure "He needs ITFC more than the club needs him" applies, given that he was overtly representing the club (and the Town) during our bleakest days.

All sorts of celebs and hangers on will appear in the nest season, and especially if we stay up longer than that, just as Stephen Fry did at Norwich (becoming a Director when they were doing well, and resigning when they got relegated) but Fabio Wardley (and Ed Sheeran) stood by Ipswich when the club was on its knees.
Wardley on 08:18 - May 5 with 3956 viewsNeedhamChris

Wardley on 08:13 - May 5 by ArnoldMoorhen

There were thousands of Town fans on the pitch, so a bit churlish to single him out.

It may be that he is a close friend of one or more of the squad.

I am not sure "He needs ITFC more than the club needs him" applies, given that he was overtly representing the club (and the Town) during our bleakest days.

All sorts of celebs and hangers on will appear in the nest season, and especially if we stay up longer than that, just as Stephen Fry did at Norwich (becoming a Director when they were doing well, and resigning when they got relegated) but Fabio Wardley (and Ed Sheeran) stood by Ipswich when the club was on its knees.

He was part of the official on the pitch entourage after it cleared, that's what the OP is referring to.

Wardley on 08:18 - May 5 with 3964 viewsBasuco

I have no problem with that at all, he is a high profile, highly successful sports star and this gets him preferential treatment to us "ordinary" fans. He is a passionate Town fan and like Ed promotes all that is good about Ipswich Town. Should he be on the pitch? It doesn't matter at all, he is generating interest in ITFC to the boxing fraternity and wider general public. Stars from all walks of life will get tickets and hospitality ahead of us, but in Fabio and Ed at least they are now and always have been big fans of Ipswich Town, not just taking an opportunity to self promote on the back of our promotion. Just my opinion, life is like that.
Wardley on 08:18 - May 5 with 3949 viewsBlue_Heath

I'm in the minority then but looks like there will be boxing at PR soon. He's an ambassador for the club, I'd have done the same in his position!
Login to get fewer ads

Wardley on 08:29 - May 5 with 3835 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Wardley on 08:18 - May 5 by NeedhamChris

He was part of the official on the pitch entourage after it cleared, that's what the OP is referring to.

Ok, I missed seeing him there.

But my point still applies: he was representing Ipswich, the town and the Club, when things were very bad indeed, and if he was invited by the Club especially it is because there are people at the Club who appreciate that.

He represents "Running towards adversity" as well as anyone could. The hate is bizarre, and the implied "We're Premier League now and he isn't, so we don't need him" leaves a very bad taste in my mouth.
Wardley on 08:39 - May 5 with 3783 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I don't even mind him being on the pitch, but the team photo celebrations with the trophy - sat right in the front/middle - was a bit much.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Wardley on 08:48 - May 5 with 3687 viewsDJR

I have no issue with Fabio's involvement at all. He's an Ipswich boy, a sporting success and he was used to promote the Town shirt back in June 2022, when he was much less well known.
Wardley on 11:18 - May 5 with 3401 viewsNeedhamChris

Wardley on 08:29 - May 5 by ArnoldMoorhen

But my point still applies: he was representing Ipswich, the town and the Club, when things were very bad indeed, and if he was invited by the Club especially it is because there are people at the Club who appreciate that.

He represents "Running towards adversity" as well as anyone could. The hate is bizarre, and the implied "We're Premier League now and he isn't, so we don't need him" leaves a very bad taste in my mouth.

You've just made that last sentence up, I don't think anyone has said that.

You don't have to hate someone to question why they were front and centre in the celebrations.

Wardley on 11:23 - May 5 with 3372 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Does it really matter? None of the players wives or kids got time off the bench either. They should be nowhere near the pitch.

It doesn't matter mate. Enjoy the day.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Wardley on 11:25 - May 5 with 3358 viewsSwansea_Blue

Wardley on 08:29 - May 5 by ArnoldMoorhen

I’m not in the slightest bit interested in him, so this could be a stupid question and I’m just in the dark. But how does he represent the club? Does he have a role with us?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Wardley on 13:09 - May 5 with 3249 viewsDJR

Wardley on 11:25 - May 5 by Swansea_Blue

I’m not in the slightest bit interested in him, so this could be a stupid question and I’m just in the dark. But how does he represent the club? Does he have a role with us?

Fabio promoted the 2022/23 kit in this video, so Ipswich must see some value in him especially given he is an Ipswich boy.

[Post edited 5 May 13:10]
Wardley on 13:16 - May 5 with 3189 viewsGlasgowBlue

Wardley on 08:11 - May 5 by NeedhamChris

I decided against posting this, but 100% agree.

Has the feel of friends that come of the woodwork when people win the lottery. Seems completely see through and is a bit of a cringe fest.

I'm the grand scheme of things though, nothing taints yesterday really. Woke up and immediately I can't get the "15 years, who gives a f**k, we're Ipswich Town and we're going up" out of my head.

On the other hand it wasn't so long ago that any Ipswich based celebrities wouldn't have been seen within a mile of Portman Road.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Wardley on 17:46 - May 5 with 2958 viewsWD19

I ended up watching the match in the same pub as his mum.

I know this because she walked to the front of a very long queue of people waiting patiently to get in saying “do you know whose mum I am”…..
Wardley on 18:37 - May 5 with 2821 viewsMK1

He is a high profile Town fan who wears his heart on this gloves and shorts. Anyone who promotes our great club to the wider world should be applauded. These are times of celebration. Enjoy them.
Wardley on 18:39 - May 5 with 2801 viewsTresBonne

SPOT ON

The worst one was when crowd asked him for a song. He looked bemused, like he didn't know any, and tried to ignore it for a bit until Werhurn told him to do it.

He sung 'Oh Fabio Wardley'. I mean really? We've just gone up, it's not about you, mate.
Wardley on 18:46 - May 5 with 2769 viewsBLUEBEAT

His G-wagon, though… 😆

Poll: W or W

Wardley on 18:47 - May 5 with 2754 viewsgainsboroughblue

Wardley on 17:46 - May 5 by WD19

I ended up watching the match in the same pub as his mum.

I know this because she walked to the front of a very long queue of people waiting patiently to get in saying “do you know whose mum I am”…..

That is depressingly disappointing to read.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Wardley on 19:02 - May 5 with 2680 viewsSwansea_Blue

Wardley on 13:09 - May 5 by DJR

Fabio promoted the 2022/23 kit in this video, so Ipswich must see some value in him especially given he is an Ipswich boy.

[Post edited 5 May 13:10]

Ta. No reason why we shouldn’t use that link either.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Wardley on 19:05 - May 5 with 2655 viewsPerublue

Wardley on 18:47 - May 5 by gainsboroughblue

That is depressingly disappointing to read.

Indeed.

He'll be on the stage tomorrow at the park won't he

Wardley on 19:08 - May 5 with 2630 viewsPerublue

I think there is a little frustration from the Norwich game ticket thing which went very quiet and this wouldn't have helped bury some feelings.

Wardley on 20:11 - May 5 with 2464 viewswithyblue

Especially considering he was a Man Utd supporter until a couple of years ago! Wonder which team he'll support when we play them next season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024