Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Most impressive opposition players in the Championship? 12:35 - May 5 with 2443 viewsitfcserbia

Everyone dreaming about signings yet? From a more reasonable perspective, here's a list of players I thought might be interesting buys for Town, either as projects or finished articles. These are based purely on my watching them play against us and in an odd match I picked up here and there over the season. No stats included or anything. So feel free to share what players left an impression on you this season.

Michael Cooper - GK - good with feet and with hands, good age for a GK
Jacob Greaves - CB - seems like a physically stronger version of Woolfie
Ethan Laird - RB - was fantastic against us, completely dominated our left flank
Milan Van Ewijk - RB - was very good in both games against us
Kenneth Paal - LB - again, was very good against us, some proper legs and lungs on him
Ben Sheaf - CM/DM - looks a great fit for our pivot MF
Wouter Burger - CM/DM - looks classy and a good range of passing
Joe Aribo - CM/DM - completely dominated and not lost a single duel in the game at PR
Will Smallbone - CM/DM - I just liked how he playes
Flynn Downes - CM/DM - obviously the history is there, but he does seem like a good fit for this system, no?
Jobe Bellingham - AM - I think he will be an amazing player and should get him asap before he commands a 40-50m fee
Jack Clarke - AM - tricky and productive, makes thinks happen, good age
Callum O'Hare - AM - looks to me a bit more calm version of Chaplin (although with a weaker shot on him)
Samuel Edozie - FW - very fast, very tricky, good project
Tyrhys Dolan - FW - looked great against us at Ewood park, very technical and fast
Jay Stansfield - FW - looks a good prospect, Idk if he's still interesting now we're in the PL
Liam Delap - FW - would rather have him than Stansfield tbh
Emmanuel Latte Lath - FW - I think one of the best strikers in the Championship this season, I watched most Boro games of all other teams and everything they ever did was involving him
Sinclair Armstrong - FW - built like on ox, good project while on low fee?

Purely based on assumption they will win the POs and get in the PL so their players would be out of a reasonable price range for us, Leeds players are not in the list. But here are a few I surely wouldn't mind in the chance they don't make it up this year:
Georginio Rutter
Crysencio Summerville
Joël Piroe
Ethan Ampadu

PS
No Norwich players, wouldn't shop there in any scenario.

Semper fidelis!
Poll: Would you sack Paul Cook?

Most impressive opposition players in the Championship? on 12:50 - May 5 with 2360 viewscbower

Sheaf at Coventry for me. Big, poerful, energy and can pass, shoot. I think we'll need some more legs in that midfield tbh

bluescouser

Most impressive opposition players in the Championship? on 19:58 - May 5 with 2084 viewsbritbiker

Latte Lathe scored against us with virtually their first attack. Has been on fire the past few months.
Ignore Leicester players as they will prob remain with them and likewise Leeds. Somerville will be out of our price range sadly. When he performs Leeds perform.
Adam Armstrong is a proven goalscorer but again there will be plenty of takers if Soton don't win promotion.
Sargent at Nodge doesn't look great but seems somehow to get the job done on a regular basis. He surely will get poached but not by us for obvious reasons.
Sammy Smod (can't spell it). A brilliant finisher playing for a limited team. Again there are rumours he is not keen on us due to his Col Utd connections. Wether true or not he will surely get a move this summer.
For some reason mine appear to be goalscorers as they obviously stand out.
Most impressive opposition players in the Championship? on 20:04 - May 5 with 2041 viewsPerublue

Ellis Simms and Morgan Whittaker on behalf of Illy and myself.
[Post edited 5 May 20:05]

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

Most impressive opposition players in the Championship? on 20:17 - May 5 with 1972 viewsMK1

Cooper. Paal, Greaves, Sheaf. Lath, Bellingham and Clark. They will cost a pretty penny, but if we can dream a dream and all that.
Most impressive opposition players in the Championship? on 20:19 - May 5 with 1952 viewsStewart27

I think top championship players is the market we’ll be looking in. For me thats the likes of:

Ben Sheaf
Callum O Hare
Hadji Wright
Ellis Simms
Flynn Downes
Jack Clarke
Jobe Bellingham
Adam Armstrong
Latte Lath
Carvalho
Morgan Whittaker
Michael Cooper

There would obviously be a few Leeds players should they not go up. But I’m backing them for the play offs.

I would consider Norwich players if they strengthened our starting 11 but I can’t see any currently who would get in. I wouldn’t cut off my nose to spite my face if there was quality there to be had.
[Post edited 5 May 20:26]
Most impressive opposition players in the Championship? on 06:37 - May 6 with 1712 viewsitfcserbia

Most impressive opposition players in the Championship? on 20:04 - May 5 by Perublue

Ellis Simms and Morgan Whittaker on behalf of Illy and myself.
[Post edited 5 May 20:05]

Fair play, I tbh found Ellis too slow and ineffective both games against us. Expected more of him for that price tag.

Semper fidelis!

Most impressive opposition players in the Championship? on 08:57 - May 6 with 1451 viewsipswichtillidie

Illius Chair. You got the wrong QPR player. He’s a real talent. Unplayable on his day. Made enquiries already about him.

Gav

Most impressive opposition players in the Championship? on 10:45 - May 6 with 1296 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Most impressive opposition players in the Championship? on 08:57 - May 6 by ipswichtillidie

Illius Chair. You got the wrong QPR player. He’s a real talent. Unplayable on his day. Made enquiries already about him.

Won’t be much use from a prison cell though.

I’d be delighted if we could get Downes, Kipre, Hutchinson back on loan, the RB from Cov

Poll: Our final position

Login to get fewer ads

Most impressive opposition players in the Championship? on 11:19 - May 6 with 1135 viewsEdmundo

All good calls
I'd assume any players at Watford and Norwich are up for sale (assuming the latter miss out in POs).
Also we may well stick to our apparent ~4 first team starter purchases/loans in each window (seems to be that way since KMK came in).
Quality over quantity.
Definitely Sheaf, Hadji and Carvalho (loan) would be good calls. Need left-footed defensive cover,: no idea who fits that from your lists.

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

Most impressive opposition players in the Championship? on 15:34 - May 6 with 906 viewsitfcserbia

Most impressive opposition players in the Championship? on 08:57 - May 6 by ipswichtillidie

Great talent and unplayable on his day, as you say. It's just that his days just randomly happen throughout the season. Also, his off-field issues warranty he'd not be a good fit in this locker room. That was my reasoning at least. I don't remember he caused us a lot of problems in the two games. He sure did cause Leeds some more though.

Semper fidelis!

Most impressive opposition players in the Championship? on 15:35 - May 6 with 897 viewsitfcserbia

Most impressive opposition players in the Championship? on 11:19 - May 6 by Edmundo

All good calls
I'd assume any players at Watford and Norwich are up for sale (assuming the latter miss out in POs).
Also we may well stick to our apparent ~4 first team starter purchases/loans in each window (seems to be that way since KMK came in).
Quality over quantity.
Definitely Sheaf, Hadji and Carvalho (loan) would be good calls. Need left-footed defensive cover,: no idea who fits that from your lists.

Funny you should say that, but true yeah I can't recall any left-footed CBs that really made an impression.

Semper fidelis!

Most impressive opposition players in the Championship? on 16:39 - May 6 with 755 viewsVegtablue

Cooper's rightly attracted attention. Two areas in which he's excelled, again, are shot-stopping and cross-stopping. Two areas in which his numbers are near the bottom for the division, however, are sweeper-keeping actions and pass completion.

Are his numbers in those two categories being held back by tactics and teammates? From their forum, the following opinion drew support and went unchallenged: "nowhere near good enough with the ball at his feet to be considered elite." Much of this may stem from his long-kicking game, which isn't our style anyway, and it's argued his excellent distribution with the gloves makes up for any shortcomings on the ball.

He doesn't appear to be a do-it-all GK though, so it's likely a question of what attributes are more important to McKenna. If he values the footballer-goalkeeper hybrid in the PL too, I don't see Cooper replacing Hladky.
Most impressive opposition players in the Championship? on 19:23 - May 6 with 578 viewssohamblue74

Yes from me to some of these.

Michael Cooper
Ben Sheaf
Emmanuel Latte Lathe
Omari on loan for another year.

Really liked Ekwa (DM at Sunderland) in first match of the season.
Rotherham keeper (Johansen?) surely worth a look.
Cambridge Utd right back Liam Bennett is a great little player and a fine prospect. Swap deal for Gassan Ahadme perhaps?

Think that realistically we are looking at 8 or 9 in, and a similar number out. Will need to use the overseas market and the loan market wisely.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024