Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Moment of the season... 11:08 - May 6 with 3036 viewsFunge

... honestly, I've never celebrated a goal like Sarmiento vs Saints, and I include any goal vs the budgies in that.

Absolutely seismic goal, I didn't sleep that night... eventually, after the impact had sunk in, maybe 48 hours later, came the realisation that we might, actually, go up.

Even the subsequent no-show at Carrot Rd failed to diminish it, not least cos Cov beat Leeds 2 hours later.

Everyone in PR lost their minds for a good 5 minutes after that goal.
Moment of the season... on 18:30 - May 6 with 496 viewsnorfsufblue

Moment of the season... on 14:42 - May 6 by Re_User

For me, I think it sunk in that we were on the way was after Leicester away. This really indicated to me that McKenna was something special. The way he set the team up, with Travis and Luongo either pushing up in possession or dropping back to form a back 6 out of posession, Chaplin essentially being on the pitch to wear out Faes and the rest of their backline, then bringing on the subs, all of whom consistently rotated positions to break up their formation, resulting in Sarmiento being unmarked when the ball popped back out to him to score. I’ve never known a sound like it when that went in.

Yeah I have to agree... Leicester away was pivotal for me and when the "magic" song was really born!.... the scenes in that stand and the sheer bewildered look on the Foxes faces everywhere was a joy to behold
Moment of the season... on 18:36 - May 6 with 485 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Totally agree that it was the standout moment but I’d give a shoutout to those wins at grounds we would typically lose tight games.

The tricky away trips. The Blackburns, the Bristol City’s, the Sunderland’s. They’re the games we’d tend to lose in previous seasons.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Moment of the season... on 18:43 - May 6 with 471 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Moment of the season... on 11:12 - May 6 by wkj

I know we finished 6 points in front, but that goal probably sealed it for us. Giving the squad a mental boost to ride out the season. It could be one of the loudest celebrations we've ever belted out.

With hindsight possibly, although I thought we’d potentially blown it after Watford and Boro.

I didn’t really start to feel confident until Burgess scored at Cov, but the Sarmiento goal is probably my high point of 5he season

Poll: Our final position

Moment of the season... on 18:47 - May 6 with 466 viewsbluelagos

Yep, never known a goal celebrated like that since Magic's goals vs Bolton.

Burgess away at Cov and Sarmiento at Leicester were very special too, but 28k going mental is always going to beat 3k going mental.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

It's a close call between.... on 18:50 - May 6 with 448 viewsBloots

...Sarmiento scoring that goal and bedsheet Rich getting outed.

Sarmiento just about shades it.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Moment of the season... on 18:53 - May 6 with 433 viewsNthQldITFC

Moment of the season... on 11:11 - May 6 by Herbivore

Yeah, one of my greatest moments following Town that. I went ballistic, was off down the stairs, limbs everywhere. Moments like that don't happen often.

I was about four rows from the front and right on an end next to a gangway in the Upper North - I think I very nearly tested out my rapidly developed theory that Sarmiento had given me wings!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

It's a close call between.... on 21:44 - May 6 with 333 viewsSitfcB

It's a close call between.... on 18:50 - May 6 by Bloots

...Sarmiento scoring that goal and bedsheet Rich getting outed.

Sarmiento just about shades it.

Need more pics of u

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Love the pout. (n/t) on 21:50 - May 6 with 321 viewsBloots

It's a close call between.... on 21:44 - May 6 by SitfcB

Need more pics of u

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024