Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Discipline 10:06 - May 7 with 782 viewsbsw72

We did not have a single red card this season, and only one last season - surely reflects the measured nature of the manager/coaches that after 2 seasons of high pressure matches, the players keep their heads and focus on the match

The more I consider the key little differences between us and the other clubs around us, the more my admiration for McKenna and his staff grows.

However, be interesting with VAR to see how the players adjust their approach on the pitch, completely different scenarios now when defending set pieces etc. Also not looking forward to the interminable wait between the ball crossing the line and being able to celebrate.
Discipline on 13:19 - May 7 with 573 viewsKievthegreat

Walked the tightrope perfectly. Had amongst the most yellow cards all season (101, 6th) and Morsy did have the most (14). Meanwhile were the only team not to get any reds.

We were extremely robust, but kept ourselves out of trouble.
Discipline on 13:21 - May 7 with 555 viewsbaxterbasics

Amazed that Morsy didn't at least pick up two yellows in a game at any point!

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Discipline on 13:24 - May 7 with 540 viewsBluePG

“Lucky Ipswich”!!!!!

Wasn’t the only red card last year the one that Clarke got at Fleetwood when the season was effectively over?

Poll: Best Dane?

Discipline on 13:30 - May 7 with 500 viewstonybied

Discipline on 13:24 - May 7 by BluePG

“Lucky Ipswich”!!!!!

Wasn’t the only red card last year the one that Clarke got at Fleetwood when the season was effectively over?

In a way there is a bit of luck involved in that. I'm sure in 2 years we've made a few challenges that some refs would feel should be a red that we've only got a yellow for. Also, there's usually a good few reds dished out to teams extremely harshly each season and we haven't had that either.
Discipline on 14:06 - May 7 with 428 viewsVaughan8

"yeah but Morsy"

I have to be honest, i'm surprised we didn't get a red card all season!
Discipline on 15:08 - May 7 with 342 viewsbsw72

Discipline on 13:30 - May 7 by tonybied

In a way there is a bit of luck involved in that. I'm sure in 2 years we've made a few challenges that some refs would feel should be a red that we've only got a yellow for. Also, there's usually a good few reds dished out to teams extremely harshly each season and we haven't had that either.

That's less luck and more about how the team conduct themselves on the pitch, you can generally get away with the odd bad tackle if you manage the relationship with the officials.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024