Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The outrage when the club have to move 800 fans 18:36 - May 7 with 3925 viewsMidlandBlue25

It won’t be long you’d think until the club announce they have to move season ticket holders from the cobbold stand to accommodate away fans. League rules say we would need to provide at least 2960 away tickets. Do you think they’ll be moaning? I’m sure the club will compensate appropriately
The outrage when the club have to move 800 fans on 18:39 - May 7 with 3502 viewsStenvict

Did the club sell season tickets in Block E this season? I know they stopped about 7/8 years ago, as I used to sit there.

Poll: What will be announced first?

The outrage when the club have to move 800 fans on 18:43 - May 7 with 3442 viewsAsa

I do wonder if it'll be more than that and they'll just move the away fans to one side of the Sir Alf now rather than move people then move then again.

There will be people saying we shouldn't upgrade the capacity etc etc but the investors have clearly penciled in a huge new stand, facing the town, most likely with new changing rooms, reception etc. and I wouldn't be surprised if the designs were already agreed and were the ones seen in the swimming complex video. Very strange otherwise for them to include a concept stand that curves like that if it's not at least been discussed, outlined or agreed.

Would imagine that sees them move whilst it is rebuild and that's why the 22,000 has been capped. Could well imagine that it would be built over the top of the existing stand as has been the case with other similar projects so we don't lose full capacity there and drop down to 25,000 or whatever the season ticket holders plus away fans total is.

Now we've gone up can well imagine this project being accelerated and starting next summer, with plans for this coming season on seating relocation taking that into account.
The outrage when the club have to move 800 fans on 18:47 - May 7 with 3389 viewsMidlandBlue25

The outrage when the club have to move 800 fans on 18:43 - May 7 by Asa

I do wonder if it'll be more than that and they'll just move the away fans to one side of the Sir Alf now rather than move people then move then again.

There will be people saying we shouldn't upgrade the capacity etc etc but the investors have clearly penciled in a huge new stand, facing the town, most likely with new changing rooms, reception etc. and I wouldn't be surprised if the designs were already agreed and were the ones seen in the swimming complex video. Very strange otherwise for them to include a concept stand that curves like that if it's not at least been discussed, outlined or agreed.

Would imagine that sees them move whilst it is rebuild and that's why the 22,000 has been capped. Could well imagine that it would be built over the top of the existing stand as has been the case with other similar projects so we don't lose full capacity there and drop down to 25,000 or whatever the season ticket holders plus away fans total is.

Now we've gone up can well imagine this project being accelerated and starting next summer, with plans for this coming season on seating relocation taking that into account.

Yes that would make sense to move away fans to the SAR in preparation for that. Might be a huge renovation project in the south stand this summer
The outrage when the club have to move 800 fans on 18:56 - May 7 with 3282 viewsbluefunk

While they might move fans, there is a get out clause, segregation can be a factor in limiting the away section. That means we don’t have to go to 10% if it doesn’t work for us.
The outrage when the club have to move 800 fans on 20:36 - May 7 with 2881 viewsSwansea_Blue

The outrage when the club have to move 800 fans on 18:47 - May 7 by MidlandBlue25

Yes that would make sense to move away fans to the SAR in preparation for that. Might be a huge renovation project in the south stand this summer

And there’s no chance of building that stand in a summer off season, so imagine the ‘fun’ of juggling that one while the Cobbold is out of action.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The outrage when the club have to move 800 fans on 20:38 - May 7 with 2856 viewsFrimleyBlue

" we apologies but we need to move you to alternative seating. As a gesture of our appreciation here's..... towards the cost of your season ticket"

Job done.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

The outrage when the club have to move 800 fans on 20:38 - May 7 with 2866 viewsMK1

The price of success.
The outrage when the club have to move 800 fans on 21:05 - May 7 with 2662 viewstextbackup

Thought that too.
Stick them up there, section off a couple of blocks (which could go smaller if/when demand dictates) bit of netting to protect the fans in the lower from stuff getting lobbed down at them

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

The outrage when the club have to move 800 fans on 21:20 - May 7 with 2560 viewsHelp

With the requirements of the prem I dont think the cobbold will be the only one effected. I also see the SAR becoming the away fans stand separate to the horseshoe of the east/west and North stands in the future. Easy for away fans access and egress after a match, easy parking for coaches behind the stand so away fans can come in and out with ease.

Anyway Mr Ashton will let us all know what is happening in the next couple of weeks.
The outrage when the club have to move 800 fans on 21:22 - May 7 with 2519 viewsbuoyant

The outrage when the club have to move 800 fans on 21:05 - May 7 by textbackup

Thought that too.
Stick them up there, section off a couple of blocks (which could go smaller if/when demand dictates) bit of netting to protect the fans in the lower from stuff getting lobbed down at them

Makes sense.

The only negative is the noise they'll generate from there I guess.

UTT

The outrage when the club have to move 800 fans on 21:24 - May 7 with 2490 viewstextbackup

The outrage when the club have to move 800 fans on 21:22 - May 7 by buoyant

Makes sense.

The only negative is the noise they'll generate from there I guess.

Or stick them in the bottom tier. Been a while since I’ve sat in there, I think the lower concourse could be divided up nicely, leaving the upper tier to use the nice carpeted bar at HT!

The outrage when the club have to move 800 fans on 21:27 - May 7 with 2435 viewsbuoyant

The outrage when the club have to move 800 fans on 21:24 - May 7 by textbackup

Or stick them in the bottom tier. Been a while since I’ve sat in there, I think the lower concourse could be divided up nicely, leaving the upper tier to use the nice carpeted bar at HT!

That would be a good option. Must be able to fit 3000 down there and as you say, easy to segregate.

UTT

The outrage when the club have to move 800 fans on 21:31 - May 7 with 2376 viewstextbackup

The outrage when the club have to move 800 fans on 21:27 - May 7 by buoyant

That would be a good option. Must be able to fit 3000 down there and as you say, easy to segregate.

Could be an issue with the posh seats at the back of the lower tier, but then they could make a certain number for away fans, again unsure on the dynamics of that etc.

The outrage when the club have to move 800 fans on 21:36 - May 7 with 2318 viewsbuoyant

The outrage when the club have to move 800 fans on 21:31 - May 7 by textbackup

Could be an issue with the posh seats at the back of the lower tier, but then they could make a certain number for away fans, again unsure on the dynamics of that etc.

Had no idea there were posh seats down there.

UTT

The outrage when the club have to move 800 fans on 21:45 - May 7 with 2261 viewsTractorWood

The outrage when the club have to move 800 fans on 21:36 - May 7 by buoyant

Had no idea there were posh seats down there.

I think he means the boxes as away fans will obviously stand and block them. Unless you could argue getting rained on and staring at the linesman for 90 minutes is posh at the bottom of the cobbold?

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

The outrage when the club have to move 800 fans on 21:52 - May 7 with 2219 viewsDinnernotTea

Are you sure it's 10% to away fans? For instance Man U don't give 7,500 for league games.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

The outrage when the club have to move 800 fans on 21:52 - May 7 with 2214 viewslazyblue

The outrage when the club have to move 800 fans on 21:05 - May 7 by textbackup

Thought that too.

Won’t do that ( although would make sense) because too much corporate in the stand
The outrage when the club have to move 800 fans on 22:01 - May 7 with 2106 viewsSwansea_Blue

The outrage when the club have to move 800 fans on 20:38 - May 7 by FrimleyBlue

" we apologies but we need to move you to alternative seating. As a gesture of our appreciation here's..... towards the cost of your season ticket"

Job done.

‘Karen Gillan’? That’s very generous of them. I wish I was one of the ones affected now.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The outrage when the club have to move 800 fans on 22:04 - May 7 with 2074 viewsMidlandBlue25

The outrage when the club have to move 800 fans on 21:52 - May 7 by DinnernotTea

Are you sure it's 10% to away fans? For instance Man U don't give 7,500 for league games.

It’s 10% up to 30,000. So most clubs give 3k
The outrage when the club have to move 800 fans on 22:12 - May 7 with 2037 viewstextbackup

The outrage when the club have to move 800 fans on 21:45 - May 7 by TractorWood

I think he means the boxes as away fans will obviously stand and block them. Unless you could argue getting rained on and staring at the linesman for 90 minutes is posh at the bottom of the cobbold?

No I mean the posh seats at the back of Churchmans lower.

The outrage when the club have to move 800 fans on 01:27 - May 8 with 1665 viewsstonojnr

The outrage when the club have to move 800 fans on 22:12 - May 7 by textbackup

No I mean the posh seats at the back of Churchmans lower.

the Bobby Robson suite.

for all the dubious positives claimed about moving the away fans into the South theres a bunch of stuff we'd lose that doesnt make it worthwhile imo.

where would you put the disabled sections of supporters ? theres no lifts in Cobbold to get up there and they might not want to sit in the rain at pitch level.

where would you recreate Beatties ? what about all the other bars and concession areas, that make money for the club, you wouldnt need that many for away fans.

you can then only charge away fans the same ticket price as the North stand.

and youre creating an area that actually boosts the ability of the away fans to create more noise and support for their team.

Id very much our present owners have learnt from the mistakes of the past, not to go crazy and build a brand new stand yet, which ultimately takes money away from boosting the playing squad, when we need all the money to support them, because without them we wont be playing Premier league for very long.

The average Premier league ticket costs £40-55, do remember that before trying to increase the stadium capacity.
The outrage when the club have to move 800 fans on 05:47 - May 8 with 1482 viewsbluelagos

The outrage when the club have to move 800 fans on 01:27 - May 8 by stonojnr

the Bobby Robson suite.

for all the dubious positives claimed about moving the away fans into the South theres a bunch of stuff we'd lose that doesnt make it worthwhile imo.

where would you put the disabled sections of supporters ? theres no lifts in Cobbold to get up there and they might not want to sit in the rain at pitch level.

where would you recreate Beatties ? what about all the other bars and concession areas, that make money for the club, you wouldnt need that many for away fans.

and youre creating an area that actually boosts the ability of the away fans to create more noise and support for their team.

Id very much our present owners have learnt from the mistakes of the past, not to go crazy and build a brand new stand yet, which ultimately takes money away from boosting the playing squad, when we need all the money to support them, because without them we wont be playing Premier league for very long.

The average Premier league ticket costs £40-55, do remember that before trying to increase the stadium capacity.

One point ref charging away fans, it is capped at £30 per fixture.

Makes Leeds' £47 look all the more criminal.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

The outrage when the club have to move 800 fans on 07:22 - May 8 with 1190 viewsTractorWood

The outrage when the club have to move 800 fans on 01:27 - May 8 by stonojnr

the Bobby Robson suite.

Pointless increasing capacity these days as ticket revenues are just immaterial compared to broadcasting revenues.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

The outrage when the club have to move 800 fans on 09:12 - May 8 with 978 viewsDinDjarin

20k season tickets, 3k away fans leaves approx 6k for matchday.

I am guessing the Cobbold holds about 6k so the numbers tally up. Upper tier in Cobbold holds 5K I know that much.
The outrage when the club have to move 800 fans on 09:18 - May 8 with 937 viewsChris_ITFC

The outrage when the club have to move 800 fans on 18:39 - May 7 by Stenvict

Did the club sell season tickets in Block E this season? I know they stopped about 7/8 years ago, as I used to sit there.

No, but surely they aren’t going to place away fans right behind the posh £50 seats in Block D?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024