Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Natalie Elphicke... 13:14 - May 8 with 8476 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Can't Starmer just refuse to take her and send her back to the swivel-eyed nut-job benches?

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Natalie Elphicke... on 17:33 - May 8 with 991 viewsHerbivore

Natalie Elphicke... on 17:20 - May 8 by lowhouseblue

it's not complicated. she wants to hit sunak with something hard and heavy and labour has just handed her a sledgehammer. she will be on the labour benches until the election and then will never be heard of again. she doesn't agree with labour, labour doesn't agree with her, it's entirely a dalliance of convenience on both sides. seems win win to me.

I like how wholeheartedly you embrace a form of politics that's utterly devoid of principles.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Natalie Elphicke... on 17:46 - May 8 with 944 viewslowhouseblue

Natalie Elphicke... on 17:33 - May 8 by Herbivore

I like how wholeheartedly you embrace a form of politics that's utterly devoid of principles.

tee hee, you and footers clutching your pearls and needing smelling salts because of a bit of parliamentary manoeuvring to help this government disintegrate and ensure it reaches optimum disfunctionality before the election. what the labour government will do isn't changed one jot by this, but the majority it will have to work with may well be.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Natalie Elphicke... on 17:47 - May 8 with 928 viewsHerbivore

Natalie Elphicke... on 17:46 - May 8 by lowhouseblue

tee hee, you and footers clutching your pearls and needing smelling salts because of a bit of parliamentary manoeuvring to help this government disintegrate and ensure it reaches optimum disfunctionality before the election. what the labour government will do isn't changed one jot by this, but the majority it will have to work with may well be.

Yeah, what a bunch of fannies people with principles are, eh?

Natalie Elphicke... on 17:48 - May 8 with 929 viewsfooters

Natalie Elphicke... on 17:46 - May 8 by lowhouseblue

Again, you still don't understand principles.

By the same token, should Labour take Galloway were he to cross the floor?

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Natalie Elphicke... on 17:57 - May 8 with 904 viewslowhouseblue

Natalie Elphicke... on 17:48 - May 8 by footers

Again, you still don't understand principles.

By the same token, should Labour take Galloway were he to cross the floor?

i understand priorities which is what politics is about. how would galloway crossing the floor hurt the government or help labour? your principles, and / or you thinking, seems somewhat muddled.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Natalie Elphicke... on 18:01 - May 8 with 888 viewsfooters

Natalie Elphicke... on 17:57 - May 8 by lowhouseblue

i understand priorities which is what politics is about. how would galloway crossing the floor hurt the government or help labour? your principles, and / or you thinking, seems somewhat muddled.

How does Elphicke's help?

Sitting as an independent is enough for Labour.

The fact that you'd welcome her in as some kind of political theatre is very telling.

Natalie Elphicke... on 18:02 - May 8 with 886 viewsHerbivore

Natalie Elphicke... on 17:57 - May 8 by lowhouseblue

Is having principles not a priority in politics? Not for you or either of the main parties it seems.

Natalie Elphicke... on 18:06 - May 8 with 861 viewslowhouseblue

Natalie Elphicke... on 18:01 - May 8 by footers

How does Elphicke's help?

Sitting as an independent is enough for Labour.

The fact that you'd welcome her in as some kind of political theatre is very telling.

you really don't want a starmer government do you. the stronger the party gets the more unhappy you become. fingers crossed that galloway will put someone up for you to waste your vote on.

Login to get fewer ads

Natalie Elphicke... on 18:08 - May 8 with 843 viewsfooters

Natalie Elphicke... on 18:06 - May 8 by lowhouseblue

you really don't want a starmer government do you. the stronger the party gets the more unhappy you become. fingers crossed that galloway will put someone up for you to waste your vote on.

You're happy to leave any supposed principles you have at the door; I'm not.

Glad that's settled.

Natalie Elphicke... on 18:12 - May 8 with 835 viewsBlueschev

So we now have a Labour party where Natalie Elphicke is welcome with open arms and Dianne Abbott is no longer welcome? That's me done, card in the bin, party subs cancelled.
Natalie Elphicke... on 18:13 - May 8 with 823 viewslowhouseblue

Natalie Elphicke... on 18:08 - May 8 by footers

You're happy to leave any supposed principles you have at the door; I'm not.

Glad that's settled.

great, well do let us know which of your principles have been advanced by whoever it is your protest vote goes to. it doesn't look as if it will be close enough for you men of principle to actually keep the tories in power, so feel free to wallow in those principles.

Natalie Elphicke... on 18:15 - May 8 with 806 viewsBlueschev

Natalie Elphicke... on 18:13 - May 8 by lowhouseblue

great, well do let us know which of your principles have been advanced by whoever it is your protest vote goes to. it doesn't look as if it will be close enough for you men of principle to actually keep the tories in power, so feel free to wallow in those principles.

Why not get all of the Tories to cross the floor to Labour? Problem solved, no more Tories. Yay!
Natalie Elphicke... on 18:16 - May 8 with 794 viewsHerbivore

Natalie Elphicke... on 18:13 - May 8 by lowhouseblue

Proudly trumpeting that you have no principles isn't the flex you think it is, mate.

Natalie Elphicke... on 18:18 - May 8 with 781 viewslowhouseblue

Natalie Elphicke... on 18:15 - May 8 by Blueschev

Why not get all of the Tories to cross the floor to Labour? Problem solved, no more Tories. Yay!

absolutely. immediate election and tory party in melt down. really what's not to like. like elphicke they wouldn't be standing for labour, so an election with no incumbent tory candidates. so what you suggest would be wonderful.

Natalie Elphicke... on 18:20 - May 8 with 762 viewslowhouseblue

Natalie Elphicke... on 18:16 - May 8 by Herbivore

Proudly trumpeting that you have no principles isn't the flex you think it is, mate.

i have principles about what we do as a government. in terms of the parliamentary tactics that get us there i'm really not fussed. it's the sort of thing people fixate about when they don't actually want starmer to win. (edit, sorry i should have said 'mate' at the end).
[Post edited 8 May 18:22]

Natalie Elphicke... on 18:23 - May 8 with 738 viewsHerbivore

Natalie Elphicke... on 18:20 - May 8 by lowhouseblue

i have principles about what we do as a government. in terms of the parliamentary tactics that get us there i'm really not fussed. it's the sort of thing people fixate about when they don't actually want starmer to win. (edit, sorry i should have said 'mate' at the end).

If you don't have principles - and I've seen little to suggest that you do - you may as well join the Tories.

Natalie Elphicke... on 18:26 - May 8 with 719 viewslowhouseblue

Natalie Elphicke... on 18:23 - May 8 by Herbivore

If you don't have principles - and I've seen little to suggest that you do - you may as well join the Tories.

hold on, you're now calling me a tory because i am relishing the damage which has just been inflicted on the tories. some mistake surely.

Natalie Elphicke... on 18:27 - May 8 with 711 viewsHerbivore

Natalie Elphicke... on 18:26 - May 8 by lowhouseblue

hold on, you're now calling me a tory because i am relishing the damage which has just been inflicted on the tories. some mistake surely.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck.....

Natalie Elphicke... on 18:36 - May 8 with 664 viewsfooters

I used to think it was a joke, but no, it's true: you literally think politics is like a game of football. Incredible.

All praxis, no philosophy.

Jesus.

Natalie Elphicke... on 18:43 - May 8 with 642 viewslowhouseblue

Natalie Elphicke... on 18:36 - May 8 by footers

I used to think it was a joke, but no, it's true: you literally think politics is like a game of football. Incredible.

All praxis, no philosophy.

Jesus.

again, since you're hard of reading, "i have principles about what we do as a government". principles about what a party which isn't going to form a government will do aren't of much use. but do come and tell us about your wonderful principles when you vote for whoever it is galloway puts up for you.

Natalie Elphicke... on 18:47 - May 8 with 600 viewsTrequartista

When Dan Poulter defected I wrote on here "It lacks any credibility after all the negative statements he would have made about Labour over the years." so you can times that by 10 for Nathalie Elphicke.

Really don't understand how you can just change party without losing all credibility.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Natalie Elphicke... on 18:53 - May 8 with 582 viewsfooters

Natalie Elphicke... on 18:43 - May 8 by lowhouseblue

again, since you're hard of reading, "i have principles about what we do as a government". principles about what a party which isn't going to form a government will do aren't of much use. but do come and tell us about your wonderful principles when you vote for whoever it is galloway puts up for you.

And the principles Starmer's Labour would follow in government are essentially the same as the Tories. So you have your wish.

Natalie Elphicke... on 19:12 - May 8 with 520 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Natalie Elphicke... on 18:12 - May 8 by Blueschev

So we now have a Labour party where Natalie Elphicke is welcome with open arms and Dianne Abbott is no longer welcome? That's me done, card in the bin, party subs cancelled.

Vote Tory or Tory lite....inspiring isn't it. Turn out will be through the floor.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Natalie Elphicke... on 19:19 - May 8 with 489 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Further privatisation of the NHS, that sort of stuff right Lowers mate?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Natalie Elphicke... on 19:23 - May 8 with 475 viewsSwansea_Blue

Natalie Elphicke... on 18:47 - May 8 by Trequartista

When Dan Poulter defected I wrote on here "It lacks any credibility after all the negative statements he would have made about Labour over the years." so you can times that by 10 for Nathalie Elphicke.

Really don't understand how you can just change party without losing all credibility.

Because the ‘game’ of politics to them is the only thing that matters from what I’ve seen. They are FAR more interested in sticking it to the other side than they are in improving things for the people of these lands, and it’s getting worse. There’s some reasoning in that though, as if you don’t win an election you’ve got very little chance of changing much (bar their committee work). So they need a ruthless streak and have to play games like today, but they shouldn’t also lose sight of what people expect them to stand for. The second part is getting forgotten a bit. Starmer’s Labour is looking less and less a Labour Party as the months roll by (although a harder line immigration stance would be traditional working class).

So it seems that all the arguing on here is comparing apples to pears. It’s not a case of Labour choosing between playing politics to damage the opposition OR sticking to their political principles. It’s not that one is better than the other. They need to find a way to do both, or it’ll further undermine confidence in politics as a whole. If you know a party or an MP won’t stand by their principles and (manifesto) pledges, what’s the point of even voting? If they can’t win, what’s the point of voting for them too.
[Post edited 8 May 19:27]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024