Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Natalie Elphicke... 13:14 - May 8 with 8582 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Can't Starmer just refuse to take her and send her back to the swivel-eyed nut-job benches?

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Natalie Elphicke... on 07:08 - May 9 with 1015 viewsfooters

Natalie Elphicke... on 03:22 - May 9 by Zapers

The usual resort to abuse, just because he's smart enough to work it out.

What you want, and others like footers, Herb and slave is never going to happen in the UK.

I'm still upset that you no-showed at the Birmingham game, mate. Me and Moose were there waiting for you! What happened?

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Natalie Elphicke... on 07:22 - May 9 with 981 viewsbluelagos

Natalie Elphicke... on 06:58 - May 9 by GlasgowBlue

In fairness it seems to have upset the right people.

Bizarrely it seems to have p*ssed off people on both the left and right of politics.

Neil Kinnock's comments seem about right to me. And I found myself in agreement with Quentin Letts this morning when he observed it damages the image of parliament/politics.

When I see Tories use the argument that Johnson was an electoral winner and should therefore be welcomed as a Tory leader irrespective of his lack of principles/ethics etc. it turns my stomach, highlights the persuit of power is seen as more important than anything for many in politics.

Is clear some on the left share that desperate desire for power and tbh it is no more welcome just because it comes from the left.

The whole episode highlights the state of politics and the lack of principle from Starmer. It may gain him a few headlines but will damage him to many natural supporters and I fail to see it as "the win" some are claiming.

Joining the Tories in the gutter isn't a strategy that achieves much other than feeding the narrative that "they are all the same". More lost votes, more stay at homes...

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Natalie Elphicke... on 07:37 - May 9 with 946 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Natalie Elphicke... on 07:22 - May 9 by bluelagos

Bizarrely it seems to have p*ssed off people on both the left and right of politics.

Neil Kinnock's comments seem about right to me. And I found myself in agreement with Quentin Letts this morning when he observed it damages the image of parliament/politics.

When I see Tories use the argument that Johnson was an electoral winner and should therefore be welcomed as a Tory leader irrespective of his lack of principles/ethics etc. it turns my stomach, highlights the persuit of power is seen as more important than anything for many in politics.

Is clear some on the left share that desperate desire for power and tbh it is no more welcome just because it comes from the left.

The whole episode highlights the state of politics and the lack of principle from Starmer. It may gain him a few headlines but will damage him to many natural supporters and I fail to see it as "the win" some are claiming.

Joining the Tories in the gutter isn't a strategy that achieves much other than feeding the narrative that "they are all the same". More lost votes, more stay at homes...

Just for clarity, when you say 'Left' do you mean Labour? It's almost like they prefer it when the voters are completely disillusioned. Anyway we march on, right, right, right, right, right!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Natalie Elphicke... on 07:41 - May 9 with 933 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Natalie Elphicke... on 03:22 - May 9 by Zapers

The usual resort to abuse, just because he's smart enough to work it out.

What you want, and others like footers, Herb and slave is never going to happen in the UK.

Capitalising Herb I see zapers, typical divide and rule stuff. I fear Lowers may have been taken over by a bot btw as he seems to have lost the ability to use capitals at all.

Natalie Elphicke... on 07:42 - May 9 with 928 viewsZapers

Natalie Elphicke... on 07:37 - May 9 by BanksterDebtSlave

Just for clarity, when you say 'Left' do you mean Labour? It's almost like they prefer it when the voters are completely disillusioned. Anyway we march on, right, right, right, right, right!

The only good time to turn far left is on a plane😏
Natalie Elphicke... on 07:56 - May 9 with 902 viewsHerbivore

It's only the few who have a massive hard on for "the cut and thrust of party politics" who care more about cheering on their team than actually creating a better society that seem to be okay with this.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Natalie Elphicke... on 08:19 - May 9 with 867 viewsbluelagos

Natalie Elphicke... on 07:56 - May 9 by Herbivore

It's only the few who have a massive hard on for "the cut and thrust of party politics" who care more about cheering on their team than actually creating a better society that seem to be okay with this.

Just seen a very good friend has resigned his membership over this. Not a Corbynite, momentum supporter etc.

A decent man who despises the far right and the racist dog whistling that Elphicke has been championing for years.

Natalie Elphicke... on 08:36 - May 9 with 836 viewsitfcjoe

"Is clear some on the left share that desperate desire for power and tbh it is no more welcome just because it comes from the left."

But if people on the left didn't have this, would there ever be a non Tory Govt elected? Politics is about changing things, and you can't do that unless you are in a position to do so.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Natalie Elphicke... on 08:43 - May 9 with 814 viewslowhouseblue

Natalie Elphicke... on 07:56 - May 9 by Herbivore

this is going to blow your mind, but you don't do anything to create a better society by posing as holier than thou online. enabling the tories to collapse in parliament and showing up their incompetence and chaos will add to them being wiped out at the election. nothing will happen to create a better society until the tories are gone, but despite trumpeting your morally superior principles all you really want to do is attack starmer. people opposed corbyn because he was utterly incapable of defeating the tories, you attack starmer because he doing everything necessary to wipe the floor with them. that's very weird you know.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Natalie Elphicke... on 08:49 - May 9 with 793 viewsHerbivore

Natalie Elphicke... on 08:43 - May 9 by lowhouseblue

this is going to blow your mind, but you don't do anything to create a better society by posing as holier than thou online. enabling the tories to collapse in parliament and showing up their incompetence and chaos will add to them being wiped out at the election. nothing will happen to create a better society until the tories are gone, but despite trumpeting your morally superior principles all you really want to do is attack starmer. people opposed corbyn because he was utterly incapable of defeating the tories, you attack starmer because he doing everything necessary to wipe the floor with them. that's very weird you know.

Yeah, you're one of the ones I was referring to. You choose to support the red team as long as they don't rock the boat too much but you don't really give much of a toss about creating a better society, you don't really have any principles (as evidenced in this thread) so frankly I don't really care what you think.

Natalie Elphicke... on 08:53 - May 9 with 762 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Natalie Elphicke... on 08:49 - May 9 by Herbivore

Yeah, you're one of the ones I was referring to. You choose to support the red team as long as they don't rock the boat too much but you don't really give much of a toss about creating a better society, you don't really have any principles (as evidenced in this thread) so frankly I don't really care what you think.

If ever a man was entirely comfortable with the status quo then lowhouse is your man.

Natalie Elphicke... on 08:53 - May 9 with 762 viewsbluelagos

Natalie Elphicke... on 08:36 - May 9 by itfcjoe

"Is clear some on the left share that desperate desire for power and tbh it is no more welcome just because it comes from the left."

But if people on the left didn't have this, would there ever be a non Tory Govt elected? Politics is about changing things, and you can't do that unless you are in a position to do so.

Labour are like 20 points clear in the polls and have been for a couple of years, the Tories are getting their arse handing to them on a plate in every byelection/local election, clearly heading for a defeat - so your point really doesn't stack.

The idea that embracing a far right dog whistling racist is what is needed to get Labour over the line, is patent nonsense Joe.

If you or anyone wishes to embrace/welcome someone like Elphicke that's upto you. Not for me.

Natalie Elphicke... on 08:55 - May 9 with 746 viewslowhouseblue

Natalie Elphicke... on 08:49 - May 9 by Herbivore

"you don't really give much of a toss about creating a better society"

i'm the one focused on us getting to a position where we can actually change things. you're the one with trumpeted 'principles' who's focused on attacking those doing something to enact change. your principles are entirely decorative. they have online pose value and nothing else.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Natalie Elphicke... on 08:56 - May 9 with 727 viewsleitrimblue

You'd have to wonder what life long hard right torys find so appealing about Starmers Labour Party?
Natalie Elphicke... on 09:01 - May 9 with 686 viewsDJR

Natalie Elphicke... on 08:19 - May 9 by bluelagos

Just seen a very good friend has resigned his membership over this. Not a Corbynite, momentum supporter etc.

A decent man who despises the far right and the racist dog whistling that Elphicke has been championing for years.

I hung on until the autumn thinking that things might change but resigned then because I believe the Labour Party is no longer the party I joined nearly forty years ago, or even the party under Blair, Brown and Miliband.

I followed two good friends who resigned a couple of years ago. We had all been in the party for many years and none of us was a Corbynite or Momentum supporter, And there are thousands like us who have done the same.

The problem it seems to me is that the Labour Party is now in the hands of people who looked on Brown and Miliband as dangerous lefties, making the Labour Party little distinguishable from the Cameron Tory party but with a little less social liberalism.

I suppose you could still say the Labour Party is still a broad church, but in my view that broad church, when it comes to MPs or Parliamentary candidates, extends from centrists to Natalie Elphicke, leaving aside the odd leftie that they have not found any dirt on to deselect.
[Post edited 9 May 11:33]
Natalie Elphicke... on 09:02 - May 9 with 677 viewsHerbivore

Natalie Elphicke... on 08:55 - May 9 by lowhouseblue

"you don't really give much of a toss about creating a better society"

i'm the one focused on us getting to a position where we can actually change things. you're the one with trumpeted 'principles' who's focused on attacking those doing something to enact change. your principles are entirely decorative. they have online pose value and nothing else.

What are you doing to enact change exactly? It's interesting that you now paint yourself as focused on change when little change is on offer but you were one of the main snipers on the sidelines when Labour were actually offering genuine change.....
[Post edited 9 May 9:07]

Natalie Elphicke... on 09:03 - May 9 with 674 viewsfooters

Natalie Elphicke... on 09:01 - May 9 by DJR

I hung on until the autumn thinking that things might change but resigned then because I believe the Labour Party is no longer the party I joined nearly forty years ago, or even the party under Blair, Brown and Miliband.

I followed two good friends who resigned a couple of years ago. We had all been in the party for many years and none of us was a Corbynite or Momentum supporter, And there are thousands like us who have done the same.

The problem it seems to me is that the Labour Party is now in the hands of people who looked on Brown and Miliband as dangerous lefties, making the Labour Party little distinguishable from the Cameron Tory party but with a little less social liberalism.

I suppose you could still say the Labour Party is still a broad church, but in my view that broad church, when it comes to MPs or Parliamentary candidates, extends from centrists to Natalie Elphicke, leaving aside the odd leftie that they have not found any dirt on to deselect.
[Post edited 9 May 11:33]

Ah you'll be another hard-left traitor then.

Natalie Elphicke... on 09:04 - May 9 with 665 viewsfooters

Even Richard Tice wouldn't have her apparently.

Natalie Elphicke... on 09:12 - May 9 with 608 viewsbluelagos

Natalie Elphicke... on 09:04 - May 9 by footers

Even Richard Tice wouldn't have her apparently.

Has that been confirmed or are you being mischievous Footers ?

Am out for the day now - but I look forward to hearing more on how welcoming a racist dog whilstling nonce apologist into the party fold should make me more likely to cast my vote for the Labour party.

The absolute state of our political system.

Natalie Elphicke... on 09:14 - May 9 with 603 viewsfooters

Natalie Elphicke... on 09:12 - May 9 by bluelagos

Has that been confirmed or are you being mischievous Footers ?

Am out for the day now - but I look forward to hearing more on how welcoming a racist dog whilstling nonce apologist into the party fold should make me more likely to cast my vote for the Labour party.

The absolute state of our political system.

He's being interviewed on LBC atm.

First question: would you have accepted her into Reform?

No.

Richard Tice, Reform.

Natalie Elphicke... on 09:15 - May 9 with 595 viewsitfcjoe

Natalie Elphicke... on 08:53 - May 9 by bluelagos

Labour are like 20 points clear in the polls and have been for a couple of years, the Tories are getting their arse handing to them on a plate in every byelection/local election, clearly heading for a defeat - so your point really doesn't stack.

The idea that embracing a far right dog whistling racist is what is needed to get Labour over the line, is patent nonsense Joe.

If you or anyone wishes to embrace/welcome someone like Elphicke that's upto you. Not for me.

I personally wouldn't have had her come across into the fold, but fact she (like my MP Dr Dan) isn't standing in the next election makes it much less of a big deal in my view and it's only something that is news to Politicos that follow it.

That 20 point poll lead could easily shrink when the election campaign starts and the might of the right wing press turns the heat up as always happens.

I personally just can't get behind the 'all the same' type attitude when the last 'all the same' New Labour Govt achieved so much in it's 13 years in power and I've spent the last 14 years living under a Tory Govt who just have made things worse at every turn.

A centrist party that looks left is as far as the left will ever get in this country, but I'm not prepared to let perfect be the enemy of the good and will trust Starmer and his team to do what's needed to get a Govt in which serves the people more than the current lot

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Natalie Elphicke... on 09:21 - May 9 with 555 viewslowhouseblue

Natalie Elphicke... on 09:02 - May 9 by Herbivore

What are you doing to enact change exactly? It's interesting that you now paint yourself as focused on change when little change is on offer but you were one of the main snipers on the sidelines when Labour were actually offering genuine change.....
[Post edited 9 May 9:07]

you're being intentionally dim now. change only occurs if you win the means to enact it. starmer is achieving that - what he promises will happen. corbyn and your band of self-professed saints would never win the means to implement any change and their 'offer' was pure fairy dust. but you're not really that dim, you know this.

Natalie Elphicke... on 09:28 - May 9 with 512 viewsHerbivore

Natalie Elphicke... on 09:21 - May 9 by lowhouseblue

you're being intentionally dim now. change only occurs if you win the means to enact it. starmer is achieving that - what he promises will happen. corbyn and your band of self-professed saints would never win the means to implement any change and their 'offer' was pure fairy dust. but you're not really that dim, you know this.

So the answer to my question is "absolutely nothing". I thought as much. No principles, no action, just noise.

Natalie Elphicke... on 09:44 - May 9 with 456 viewslowhouseblue

Natalie Elphicke... on 09:28 - May 9 by Herbivore

So the answer to my question is "absolutely nothing". I thought as much. No principles, no action, just noise.

i take it back, it's not intentional. i'm not going to say what i do or don't do away from this board. we're talking about what starmer needs to do to get rid of this dreadful tory government. you just want to pontificate about principles rather than see labour win. in fact, better to be honest, you don't want to see labour win at all.

Natalie Elphicke... on 09:54 - May 9 with 430 viewsHerbivore

Natalie Elphicke... on 09:44 - May 9 by lowhouseblue

i take it back, it's not intentional. i'm not going to say what i do or don't do away from this board. we're talking about what starmer needs to do to get rid of this dreadful tory government. you just want to pontificate about principles rather than see labour win. in fact, better to be honest, you don't want to see labour win at all.

Ideally I'd like a principled Labour party to win, not this current shower. Labour are the lesser of two evils, I've never said otherwise so you're reaching by saying I don't want Labour to win, I'd just like Labour to be Labour and to be a lot better version of themselves than they currently are.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024