Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ekwah & Ballard - Sunderland... 13:56 - May 8 with 2132 viewsKieran_Knows

... centre mid and centre back.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Ekwah & Ballard - Sunderland... on 14:15 - May 8 with 1973 viewsHerbivore

Ballard has always looked an absolute carthorse when I've seen him play but I remember being very impressed by Ekwah first game of the season. He seemed to be everywhere, really athletic and very comfortable on the ball. Not seen much of him since then mind you.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Ekwah & Ballard - Sunderland... on 14:17 - May 8 with 1944 viewsCheltenham_Blue

The price of promotion, this will go on all summer, with very little ever in it.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Ekwah & Ballard - Sunderland... on 14:20 - May 8 with 1875 viewsHerbivore

Ekwah & Ballard - Sunderland... on 14:17 - May 8 by Cheltenham_Blue

The price of promotion, this will go on all summer, with very little ever in it.

Fireman Phil is going to be a busy boy.

Ekwah & Ballard - Sunderland... on 14:22 - May 8 with 1844 viewsChurchman

The principle of raiding the Championship of its best players seems sound to me, but not those two. They were taken to the cleaners by Newcastle and didn’t stand out against us, though I only saw those games on tv tbf.

Jack Clarke is Sunderland’s outstanding prospect and is the kind of player that’d benefit from a dose of the McKennas.

We are going to be linked with everyone with a pulse. It’s going to be a lonnnng transfer window
Ekwah & Ballard - Sunderland... on 14:27 - May 8 with 1745 viewsReuser_is_God

Ekwah & Ballard - Sunderland... on 14:15 - May 8 by Herbivore

Ballard has always looked an absolute carthorse when I've seen him play but I remember being very impressed by Ekwah first game of the season. He seemed to be everywhere, really athletic and very comfortable on the ball. Not seen much of him since then mind you.

Yeah I’d agree with this.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Ekwah & Ballard - Sunderland... on 14:28 - May 8 with 1729 viewsDanTheMan

Ekwah & Ballard - Sunderland... on 14:20 - May 8 by Herbivore

Say the line Phil!

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Ekwah & Ballard - Sunderland... on 14:32 - May 8 with 1683 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

The locals seem less than enamoured by Ekwah, be surprised if we were in for him.

Poor coaching hasn’t helped, but other than Clarke none of their team has ripped up trees this season. Suspect we’ll be linked with hundreds of players this summer- and if we’ve learned anything it’ll most likely be ones we had no idea we were interested in!
Ekwah & Ballard - Sunderland... on 14:54 - May 8 with 1523 viewsSitfcB

Reload it…

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Login to get fewer ads

Ekwah & Ballard - Sunderland... on 15:02 - May 8 with 1437 viewsExiled2Surrey

Ekwah & Ballard - Sunderland... on 14:22 - May 8 by Churchman

The principle of raiding the Championship of its best players seems sound to me, but not those two. They were taken to the cleaners by Newcastle and didn’t stand out against us, though I only saw those games on tv tbf.

Jack Clarke is Sunderland’s outstanding prospect and is the kind of player that’d benefit from a dose of the McKennas.

We are going to be linked with everyone with a pulse. It’s going to be a lonnnng transfer window

Clarke and maybe Bellingham?
Ekwah & Ballard - Sunderland... on 15:05 - May 8 with 1404 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Ekwah & Ballard - Sunderland... on 15:02 - May 8 by Exiled2Surrey

Clarke is the best talent by far.

But Bellingham is interesting. Feel as though his season has gone massively under the radar, maybe because of how good his brother is. But 7 goals, playing 90 mins week in week out at 17 years old (now 18), is some achievement. Certainly got a lot about him.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Ekwah & Ballard - Sunderland... on 15:06 - May 8 with 1398 viewsChurchman

Ekwah & Ballard - Sunderland... on 15:02 - May 8 by Exiled2Surrey

He looked good earlier in the season. Has he enough attributes for PL?
Ekwah & Ballard - Sunderland... on 15:08 - May 8 with 1381 viewsHerbivore

Ekwah & Ballard - Sunderland... on 15:05 - May 8 by TRUE_BLUE123

Clarke is the best talent by far.

But Bellingham is interesting. Feel as though his season has gone massively under the radar, maybe because of how good his brother is. But 7 goals, playing 90 mins week in week out at 17 years old (now 18), is some achievement. Certainly got a lot about him.

He's played quite an advanced role for them hasn't he? Clearly has a lot of talent but not necessarily sure where he'd fit in our system. Attributes don't quite fit for our 10 role or for our CMs.

Ekwah & Ballard - Sunderland... on 15:12 - May 8 with 1338 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Ekwah & Ballard - Sunderland... on 15:08 - May 8 by Herbivore

He's played quite an advanced role for them hasn't he? Clearly has a lot of talent but not necessarily sure where he'd fit in our system. Attributes don't quite fit for our 10 role or for our CMs.

oh id agree with that 100%. Was just making a wider point.

Although physically, 6'2 and assuming he beefs out like Jude did. The latter being a similar build to Jobe when he was 17/18. he could be adaptable to play i think in any of those midfield roles. I think Sunderland are sitting on a bit of a gold mine.

Clarke, Bellingham, Ekwah, Patterson, Neil, Cirkin. Amazing they were so bad this year.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Ekwah & Ballard - Sunderland... on 15:15 - May 8 with 1290 views_clive_baker_

Ballard’s pony. Certainly no better than we’ve already got in the building.
Ekwah & Ballard - Sunderland... on 15:24 - May 8 with 1195 viewsExiled2Surrey

Ekwah & Ballard - Sunderland... on 15:12 - May 8 by TRUE_BLUE123

Although physically, 6'2 and assuming he beefs out like Jude did. The latter being a similar build to Jobe when he was 17/18. he could be adaptable to play i think in any of those midfield roles. I think Sunderland are sitting on a bit of a gold mine.

Clarke, Bellingham, Ekwah, Patterson, Neil, Cirkin. Amazing they were so bad this year.

yup, the last thing that lot needed was a coach like Mowbray who has a record for bringing through younger players....

Bellingham was clearly being played out of position at PR, but his touch looked pretty good and as you say, he could easily become a bit of a unit. He may always have that unfortunate comparison with his brother, but on taken in isolation he looks a pretty good prospect.

I am sure our manager could find the right role for him.
Ekwah & Ballard - Sunderland... on 15:24 - May 8 with 1192 viewsHerbivore

Ekwah & Ballard - Sunderland... on 15:12 - May 8 by TRUE_BLUE123

Yeah, there's some real talent there to be fair. Could see Bellingham going somewhere like Brentford or Brighton, they can afford to take a punt and possibly even loan him out for a year.

Ekwah & Ballard - Sunderland... on 15:29 - May 8 with 1143 viewsElderGrizzly

And also, if McKenna thinks they are good enough, or could be good enough, we aren't to judge if they are a carthorse or not.
Ekwah & Ballard - Sunderland... on 15:44 - May 8 with 1041 viewstextbackup

If I was him I’d just stand back and keep quiet, let people wind themselves up like crazy 😂

I’m already sure that we’ll end up signing 4/5 players that I’ve never heard of, so seems pointless trying to even guess.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Ekwah & Ballard - Sunderland... on 16:10 - May 8 with 906 viewsFixed_It

Ekwah & Ballard - Sunderland... on 15:15 - May 8 by _clive_baker_

Ballard’s pony. Certainly no better than we’ve already got in the building.

We've already got Bluey and Crazee, not sure we need Ballard's pony as well.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Ekwah & Ballard - Sunderland... on 16:21 - May 8 with 865 viewstractordownsouth

Ekwah is one of my favourite players to watch in the Championship. He's extremely naturally gifted and can see passes very few others can but he blows very hot and cold.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Ekwah & Ballard - Sunderland... on 16:40 - May 8 with 760 viewsDeepBlueSea

Jack Clarke would be a fantastic buy, but I suspect he will have suitors that can pay transfer fees and wages beyond the limit we will set ourselves.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024