Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players you love despite not being regulars? 13:36 - May 9 with 3916 viewsSwailsey

I still have that childlike love for players who didn’t always play the most games. Whether it’s the underdog factor, loving people who put effort in, seem great guys or are just so reliable, it’s been a real thread throughout my football life.

A few over the years for me - anyone else?

Janoi
Kayden
Colin Healy
Kevin Bru
Keith Branagan
Damian Delaney
Chris Keeble (still can’t explain that one)
Simon Walton
[Post edited 9 May 21:27]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Players you love despite not being regulars? on 23:00 - May 9 with 401 viewsPlums

Kevin O'Callaghan. When we could only have one sub, he was often the man.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Players you love despite not being regulars? on 23:09 - May 9 with 383 viewsITFCson

Players you love despite not being regulars? on 13:59 - May 9 by Mookamoo

Naylor

Naylor played 324 times for us!
Players you love despite not being regulars? on 23:18 - May 9 with 349 viewsChurchman

The discussion is dead. It has ceased to be. You:may bow to my incisive knowledge, wit and wisdom at your discretion (yes, I’ve had a moistener or 10 tonight).

I give you Martijn Reuser. Check the record. Literally the ultimate impact sub. Flum, Bolton, Bradford …. but Wembley 2000.- every second is freeze framed in my head. We all knew what was going to happen. And so it did. One of my favourite ever football moments.

Discussion over.
Players you love despite not being regulars? on 23:25 - May 9 with 342 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Thomas Gaardsoe.

Felt like he was part of our back line for years, but only made c.40 appearances.

What’s more surprising is that he’s still only 44!
Players you love despite not being regulars? on 09:29 - May 10 with 251 viewsWhos_blue

Players you love despite not being regulars? on 23:25 - May 9 by Matt_Netherlands

Thomas Gaardsoe.

Felt like he was part of our back line for years, but only made c.40 appearances.

What’s more surprising is that he’s still only 44!

+1 for Gaardsoe and I'll throw in a Bracey and Axeldahl for good measure.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Players you love despite not being regulars? on 09:41 - May 10 with 246 viewsVaughan8

Players you love despite not being regulars? on 14:02 - May 9 by TRUE_BLUE123

Everyone in this squad who barely played.

If we ever come up against Lewis Travis again, he gets a standing ovation from me. Idc he only played 3 games.

Standing Ovation? People are going way over the top!

He did OK. Definitely not someone we need for the PRemier League.

My answer on the current squad any way, would Be Harness!
Players you love despite not being regulars? on 09:49 - May 10 with 236 viewsSwailsey

Players you love despite not being regulars? on 09:29 - May 10 by Whos_blue

+1 for Gaardsoe and I'll throw in a Bracey and Axeldahl for good measure.

Lee Bracey? I remember him signing my autograph book. I asked him “are you playing today?” and he laughed and said “obviously not”

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Players you love despite not being regulars? on 10:53 - May 10 with 218 views_clive_baker_

Players you love despite not being regulars? on 09:41 - May 10 by Vaughan8

Standing Ovation? People are going way over the top!

He did OK. Definitely not someone we need for the PRemier League.

My answer on the current squad any way, would Be Harness!

We've got Marcus Harness, we've got Marcus Harness.

I really rate Travis to be fair. Not had much opportunity to show us what he's about but I saw a bit of him at Blackburn and he's a quality player. I was shocked they let him come to us on loan. Perhaps not Premier League quality and dare say he's not one we'll be back in for, but he absolutely should be starting week in, week out in the Championship.
Login to get fewer ads

Players you love despite not being regulars? on 12:49 - May 10 with 180 viewsnorfsufblue

Stuart Slater for me.... always hoped he'd be an ipswich legend one day.... and Ian Redford, thought he was a cracking signing yo signal the start of a revival!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024