Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? 17:13 - May 10 with 11706 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Lot of boycotting. Israel televote landslide victory incoming and the future of Eurovision to be put into huge doubt in the aftermath. Chaos.

They’re 2/1 now to win outright after being 40/1 yesterday lunchtime before the semi final vote in Italy was leaked. The Dutch bloke being likely kicked out for punching one of the Israeli delegation today too for mocking his dead dad adds to the shenanigans.

It’s always political. We all know that. But this is way worse this year. The Israeli singer was booed throughout and yet the crowd noise was muzzled and replaced with fake cheers over the tv which seems to have increased the tensions.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

I want Johnny Logan to win.... on 23:27 - May 10 with 1462 viewsWhos_blue

I want Johnny Logan to win.... on 19:15 - May 10 by Bloots

....or Bardot.

Hey Bloots.

As you were kind enough to point out a couple of typos in a recent post of mine (as any self respecting elite board member would), I'm very happy to return the favour.

The band were called Bardo.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bardo_(band)

You're welcome.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 08:51 - May 11 with 1342 viewsMullet

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 19:13 - May 10 by Herbivore

I mean, at least you've taken a step up from The Smiths.

Tempted to report this and get you banned frankly. Phil will not stand for this, he is a man of culture and taste too.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 08:58 - May 11 with 1333 views_clive_baker_

I’ve got some dough on Ukraine but I don’t suppose I’ll see that again. It wasn’t political, just because of the half a dozen songs I heard it was the only one that didn’t make me want to cut my head off with a rusty breadknife.
Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 09:17 - May 11 with 1325 viewsMJallday

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 08:51 - May 11 by Mullet

Tempted to report this and get you banned frankly. Phil will not stand for this, he is a man of culture and taste too.

Crikey, when did that happen?

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 09:30 - May 11 with 1318 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 08:58 - May 11 by _clive_baker_

I’ve got some dough on Ukraine but I don’t suppose I’ll see that again. It wasn’t political, just because of the half a dozen songs I heard it was the only one that didn’t make me want to cut my head off with a rusty breadknife.

It’s number 2 in the running order which is absolutely impossible to win from. In fact no act has ever won from that spot.

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 11:57 - May 11 with 1227 viewsGlasgowBlue

So nothing to do with the Israeli delegation Rommers?

https://eurovision.tv/mediacentre/release/statement-dutch-participation-eurovisi

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 12:02 - May 11 with 1217 viewsTheSweeny

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 11:57 - May 11 by GlasgowBlue

https://eurovision.tv/mediacentre/release/statement-dutch-participation-eurovisi

Won't watch it, but will vote Israel just to trigger the BBC.

And Greta.
Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 12:02 - May 11 with 1212 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 23:16 - May 10 by Clapham_Junction

Lebanon is eligible to enter Eurovision (and were planning to in 2005) but haven't been allowed as they refuse to show the Israeli entry.

Any idea why? Are Egypt allowed too?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Login to get fewer ads

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 12:05 - May 11 with 1189 viewsTrequartista

There is a lot to debate about whether Israel or Russia should be allowed participate, but sporting an offensive haircut such as the Dutch entry crosses a red line.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 12:07 - May 11 with 1182 viewsEddyJ

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 12:02 - May 11 by BanksterDebtSlave

Any idea why? Are Egypt allowed too?

Eurovision is run by the EBU - the European Broadcast Union. Its essentially a loose group of broadcasters from various countries who share TV and radio content.

Although its called the "European" Broadcast Union, many of its members are from outside of Europe. That's why Israel, Azerbaijan and even Australia compete.

Think of the British entry as not being British at all. Its a BBC entry on behalf of Britain. ITV and C4 are also members of the EBU and could run the British entry instead.
Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 12:08 - May 11 with 1182 viewsgiant_stow

I wonder how this will go down with the protestors.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 12:10 - May 11 with 1170 viewsGlasgowBlue

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 12:02 - May 11 by TheSweeny

Won't watch it, but will vote Israel just to trigger the BBC.

And Greta.

Iron Lion Zion

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 12:10 - May 11 with 1179 viewspointofblue

I hate to be so confident as I appreciate your experience and knowledge when it comes to betting on events, Rommers, but I don't think Israel will win. They're not like Ukraine, who had the whole continent on their side. Admittedly, it's difficult because there are 23 or 24 anti-Israel votes rather than just the one but I think Croatia or Switzerland will pull through, with an outside chance of France.

As an aside, as posted above, Joost was kicked out for an altercation with a member of the technical team, rather than someone from the Israeli delegation.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 12:22 - May 11 with 1149 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 12:10 - May 11 by GlasgowBlue

Her singing is reaching new heights!
Sticking it to the man by voting Israel, Tommy Robinson goes mainstream...heady days to be alive in.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2024/may/11/israel-gaza-war-rafah-offensi
[Post edited 11 May 12:29]

I was talking about Brigitte... on 12:58 - May 11 with 1102 viewsBloots

I want Johnny Logan to win.... on 23:27 - May 10 by Whos_blue

Hey Bloots.

As you were kind enough to point out a couple of typos in a recent post of mine (as any self respecting elite board member would), I'm very happy to return the favour.

The band were called Bardo.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bardo_(band)

You're welcome.

...obviously.

Don't take everything to heart mate!

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Be interesting to see how Palestinians... on 13:07 - May 11 with 1082 viewsBloots

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 12:08 - May 11 by giant_stow

I wonder how this will go down with the protestors.

...and Hamas particularly feel about this huge show of support from the LGBTQIA2S+ community.

I expect they'll invite them over for tea and cakes.

Be interesting to see how Palestinians... on 13:13 - May 11 with 1039 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Be interesting to see how Palestinians... on 13:07 - May 11 by Bloots

...and Hamas particularly feel about this huge show of support from the LGBTQIA2S+ community.

If the war was against Hamas and not all Palestinians you might, for once, have a point!! Unlikely though!

Be interesting to see how Palestinians... on 13:14 - May 11 with 1028 viewsJ2BLUE

Be interesting to see how Palestinians... on 13:07 - May 11 by Bloots

Fondant Fancies being unboxed as we speak.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I don't expect they'll be getting their pronouns right. (n/t) on 13:19 - May 11 with 1003 viewsBloots

Be interesting to see how Palestinians... on 13:14 - May 11 by J2BLUE

Be interesting to see how Palestinians... on 13:45 - May 11 with 956 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Be interesting to see how Palestinians... on 13:14 - May 11 by J2BLUE

Standard offensive, back slapping elite level posting. I am sure the likely thousands of Palestinian dead from the LGBTQ community and the dead children who didn't live long enough to find out will thank you for your compassion.
Cockchafer season really is upon us.

Be interesting to see how Palestinians... on 13:46 - May 11 with 946 viewsJ2BLUE

Be interesting to see how Palestinians... on 13:45 - May 11 by BanksterDebtSlave

Standard offensive, back slapping elite level posting. I am sure the likely thousands of Palestinian dead from the LGBTQ community and the dead children who didn't live long enough to find out will thank you for your compassion.
Cockchafer season really is upon us.

Offensive? You think they would prefer cherry bakewells?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Be interesting to see how Palestinians... on 15:10 - May 11 with 839 viewsGlasgowBlue

Be interesting to see how Palestinians... on 13:13 - May 11 by BanksterDebtSlave

If the war was against Hamas and not all Palestinians you might, for once, have a point!! Unlikely though!

Really? A recent poll showed that 93% of the Palestinian population is completely opposed to homosexuality.

Can't see next year's Gay Pride being moved from Tel Aviv to Gaza if Hamas are replaced by The Palestinian Authority.

Iron Lion Zion

Be interesting to see how Palestinians... on 15:14 - May 11 with 806 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Be interesting to see how Palestinians... on 15:10 - May 11 by GlasgowBlue

Really? A recent poll showed that 93% of the Palestinian population is completely opposed to homosexuality.

Can't see next year's Gay Pride being moved from Tel Aviv to Gaza if Hamas are replaced by The Palestinian Authority.

At least you aren't pretending the war is against Hamas anymore!

Be interesting to see how Palestinians... on 15:30 - May 11 with 763 viewsGlasgowBlue

Be interesting to see how Palestinians... on 15:14 - May 11 by BanksterDebtSlave

At least you aren't pretending the war is against Hamas anymore!

That makes no sense. The discussion was about attitudes towards gay people in Palestine. Not the war.

Bloots said that it would be interesting to see how Palestinians and Hamas particularly feel about this huge show of support from the LGBTQIA2S+ community.

Your reply suggested that the Hamas attitude differed greatly from normal Palestinians. I demonstrated that this is not the case.

How have I stopped "pretending the war is against Hamas anymore"?

Iron Lion Zion

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 15:40 - May 11 with 737 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 12:10 - May 11 by pointofblue

I hate to be so confident as I appreciate your experience and knowledge when it comes to betting on events, Rommers, but I don't think Israel will win. They're not like Ukraine, who had the whole continent on their side. Admittedly, it's difficult because there are 23 or 24 anti-Israel votes rather than just the one but I think Croatia or Switzerland will pull through, with an outside chance of France.

As an aside, as posted above, Joost was kicked out for an altercation with a member of the technical team, rather than someone from the Israeli delegation.

On music alone, the 40/1 for Israel on Thursday was about right. But seeing them win 39% of the public vote in the leaked Italy vote for the semi final meant they went into near enough fav as that level of support is unprecedented without a contrived and planned voting campaign.

I like France actually and have a small bet each way at huge prices with them likely winning the jury vote but unfortunately Slimanes fantastic vocals fell apart in the jury final yesterday as he lost his voice somewhat mid performance.

Best bet is Estonia top 10 at 7/1. Think it’ll be popular. Outright bets are France and Italy e/w. The former also for the jury vote at 9/4 but that’ll be gone now after his voice cracking.

Reckon the Croatians win myself but they’ve always been too short.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024