Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone In Or Around Suffolk Seeing The Northern Lights... 22:44 - May 10 with 1781 viewsBugs

..... Just looked out of my back door. Not a bloody thing.

Just in case you're wondering, there is supposed to be a big solar storm tonight, with a good chance to see the northern lights, even as far south as Suffolk.
Anyone In Or Around Suffolk Seeing The Northern Lights... on 22:51 - May 10 with 1738 viewsGlory_Hunter

That reads like you half-expected to see them hanging around by the bins.

I think you have to look up a bit as well.

But I now feel prompted to get off the sofa and at least make an effort myself and go and take a look too.
Anyone In Or Around Suffolk Seeing The Northern Lights... on 23:04 - May 10 with 1686 viewsSteve_M

Seen some stuff on Twitter. Can see fk all in London though.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Anyone In Or Around Suffolk Seeing The Northern Lights... on 23:07 - May 10 with 1673 viewsBugs

OK.

I have just looked again, I can't see s0d all with the naked eye, but with my phone camera there are greens and reds to be seen in the sky. Nothing majorly spectacular, but they are there.
Anyone In Or Around Suffolk Seeing The Northern Lights... on 23:27 - May 10 with 1592 viewsSE1blue

Family reporting that they can see them in Hedingham.

Poll: Should VAR be scrapped?
Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Anyone In Or Around Suffolk Seeing The Northern Lights... on 23:32 - May 10 with 1562 viewsMiaow

Just seen them down here in the Halstead/Braintree area! Obviously not as strong as if you were in Lapland or somewhere like that but still definitely visible and special to have witnessed.

⋆⋆⋆ My Ipswich Town quizzes: https://www.jetpunk.com/series/1696326/hinckfords-ipswich-town-quizzes ⋆⋆⋆
Poll: Which of this season’s (outfield) shirts do you most prefer?

Anyone In Or Around Suffolk Seeing The Northern Lights... on 23:32 - May 10 with 1563 viewsGlory_Hunter

Anyone In Or Around Suffolk Seeing The Northern Lights... on 23:07 - May 10 by Bugs

OK.

I have just looked again, I can't see s0d all with the naked eye, but with my phone camera there are greens and reds to be seen in the sky. Nothing majorly spectacular, but they are there.

For me a worthwhile effort thanks to small chain of events.

Saw your post, wandered out to the bins, nothing.

Had a walk around staring up hopefully and bumped into a neighbour doing the same. She showed me a photo of someone we both know who lives a little way down the road who had posted a photo on FB so we made the effort and took a stroll.

Yep, visible streaks across the sky, increasingly bright as we stood there. Not as fantastic as maybe seen from some pod in Iceland but there and pretty clear nonetheless.

Thanks for posting the reminder Bugsy.
Anyone In Or Around Suffolk Seeing The Northern Lights... on 23:43 - May 10 with 1502 viewsLord_Lucan

My mate in Drinkstone (Near BSE) just sent me a load.

Here's a couple.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Anyone In Or Around Suffolk Seeing The Northern Lights... on 23:47 - May 10 with 1457 viewsLord_Lucan

Anyone In Or Around Suffolk Seeing The Northern Lights... on 23:43 - May 10 by Lord_Lucan

My mate in Drinkstone (Near BSE) just sent me a load.

Here's a couple.

This one just sent to me from Wherstead Rd area.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone In Or Around Suffolk Seeing The Northern Lights... on 23:47 - May 10 with 1480 viewsPhilTWTD

From my garden.

Anyone In Or Around Suffolk Seeing The Northern Lights... on 23:50 - May 10 with 1412 viewsBugs

Anyone In Or Around Suffolk Seeing The Northern Lights... on 23:47 - May 10 by PhilTWTD

From my garden.

FFS, Yoxford must be in dead zone. Every place around us seems to be posting pictures like this.
Anyone In Or Around Suffolk Seeing The Northern Lights... on 23:53 - May 10 with 1389 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Anyone In Or Around Suffolk Seeing The Northern Lights... on 23:50 - May 10 by Bugs

FFS, Yoxford must be in dead zone. Every place around us seems to be posting pictures like this.

15 minutes ago near Fram.

...just before the sea fret rolled in.
[Post edited 10 May 23:57]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Anyone In Or Around Suffolk Seeing The Northern Lights... on 23:56 - May 10 with 1352 viewsBugs

Anyone In Or Around Suffolk Seeing The Northern Lights... on 23:53 - May 10 by BanksterDebtSlave

15 minutes ago near Fram.

...just before the sea fret rolled in.
[Post edited 10 May 23:57]

Just had another look. I can't see a star now due to cloud cover, so unlikely so see the northern lights.
Anyone In Or Around Suffolk Seeing The Northern Lights... on 00:04 - May 11 with 1314 viewsgiant_stow

Just had a look North from my garden in ne London and could see them very faintly! Wow! Even have a piccy, but it's pretty faint compared to the stunners above in this thread so will leave it.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Anyone In Or Around Suffolk Seeing The Northern Lights... on 00:07 - May 11 with 1288 viewsStokieBlue

Anyone In Or Around Suffolk Seeing The Northern Lights... on 23:04 - May 10 by Steve_M

Seen some stuff on Twitter. Can see fk all in London though.

Around 2345 you could see it in London but it was more white than colours (which is common). A lot would depend on the lighting close to you though.

Through the phone with a longer exposure you could get some decent pictures.

SB
[Post edited 11 May 0:17]

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Anyone In Or Around Suffolk Seeing The Northern Lights... on 00:07 - May 11 with 1292 viewsLord_Lucan

My garden

Funny thing is, you don't see much with the naked eye but the camera seems to pick it up and magnetise it.

Anyone In Or Around Suffolk Seeing The Northern Lights... on 00:10 - May 11 with 1269 viewsBugs

Anyone In Or Around Suffolk Seeing The Northern Lights... on 00:07 - May 11 by Lord_Lucan

My garden

Funny thing is, you don't see much with the naked eye but the camera seems to pick it up and magnetise it.

That is awesome, though, naked eye or not.

I just got green and pick smudges when looking through my phone.
Anyone In Or Around Suffolk Seeing The Northern Lights... on 00:13 - May 11 with 1227 viewsLord_Lucan

Anyone In Or Around Suffolk Seeing The Northern Lights... on 00:10 - May 11 by Bugs

That is awesome, though, naked eye or not.

I just got green and pick smudges when looking through my phone.

You should get an iPhone

Anyone In Or Around Suffolk Seeing The Northern Lights... on 00:16 - May 11 with 1188 viewsurbanblue

Anyone In Or Around Suffolk Seeing The Northern Lights... on 00:07 - May 11 by Lord_Lucan

My garden

I saw them in Iceland and to be honest was a little bit underwhelmed. The photos though ... Wow!
Anyone In Or Around Suffolk Seeing The Northern Lights... on 00:21 - May 11 with 1144 viewsLord_Lucan

Anyone In Or Around Suffolk Seeing The Northern Lights... on 00:16 - May 11 by urbanblue

I saw them in Iceland and to be honest was a little bit underwhelmed. The photos though ... Wow!

Hey Urby, how are you doing??

I'm not sure why but they have never really been anywhere my bucket list, I do though like to watch the ISS go by and give it a wave.

I can't explain how much of nothing you saw until you put your camera on it. I was about to have a lazy piss and go back in.

Anyone In Or Around Suffolk Seeing The Northern Lights... on 00:37 - May 11 with 1075 viewsLord_Lucan

Anyone In Or Around Suffolk Seeing The Northern Lights... on 00:04 - May 11 by giant_stow

Just had a look North from my garden in ne London and could see them very faintly! Wow! Even have a piccy, but it's pretty faint compared to the stunners above in this thread so will leave it.

Why are you on a Premier League forum?

Anyone In Or Around Suffolk Seeing The Northern Lights... on 00:57 - May 11 with 1031 viewsGuthrum

Having the same problem here in Gloucestershire. Everyone else nearby saying how marvellous they are, nothing visible at all.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Anyone In Or Around Suffolk Seeing The Northern Lights... on 08:29 - May 11 with 699 viewsNthQldITFC

Anyone In Or Around Suffolk Seeing The Northern Lights... on 00:16 - May 11 by urbanblue

They're much better if you pop along to the frozen food aisle - I think they like the cold areas best, maybe?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Anyone In Or Around Suffolk Seeing The Northern Lights... on 08:31 - May 11 with 691 viewsWhos_blue

Stunning just north west of Cambridge around midnight.
Never seen anything like it.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024