Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remember last season against Burnley? 17:04 - May 11 with 1336 viewsTheBoyBlue

The narrative of how well we did against a team far above us and how we were (quite rightly) chuffed with how we nearly put them out of the FA Cup.

We're now going to be a division above them.

Amazing how quickly football changes sometimes.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Remember last season against Burnley? on 17:09 - May 11 with 1291 viewsFBI

Amazing isn't it. And after a quick look at the PL table, there isn't a team outside the top 8 (7 depending on if Ten Hag keeps his job) that I'd be genuinely worried about. Considering how long ago it is we were beaten by Cheltenham it's a mad world.

Poll: The career progress of former town players is...

Remember last season against Burnley? on 17:17 - May 11 with 1218 viewsTheBoyBlue

Remember last season against Burnley? on 17:09 - May 11 by FBI

Amazing isn't it. And after a quick look at the PL table, there isn't a team outside the top 8 (7 depending on if Ten Hag keeps his job) that I'd be genuinely worried about. Considering how long ago it is we were beaten by Cheltenham it's a mad world.

Totally agree. Not that long ago we used to consider Accrington Stanley away as a tough fixture, now we're considering how many points we could reasonably consider picking up from teams like Everton and West Ham.

Remember last season against Burnley? on 17:50 - May 11 with 1063 viewspointofblue

Add Palace to the top eight. If they keep Olise and Eze, and they both remain fit...

17th will still be a success for us, whatever happens over the summer. The sad thing is, survival for most teams is the first requirement.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Remember last season against Burnley? on 17:51 - May 11 with 1059 viewsITFCSG

Remember last season against Burnley? on 17:17 - May 11 by TheBoyBlue

Totally agree. Not that long ago we used to consider Accrington Stanley away as a tough fixture, now we're considering how many points we could reasonably consider picking up from teams like Everton and West Ham.

To be fair we still haven't really figured out how to play teams like Accrington and Lincoln (and this season Huddersfield A, Rotherham A, Stoke H etc.) who put 10 men behind the ball and play a low block. I think we would do better against bottom half Prem teams than lower league teams playing anti-football
Remember last season against Burnley? on 17:54 - May 11 with 1007 viewsTheBoyBlue

Remember last season against Burnley? on 17:51 - May 11 by ITFCSG

To be fair we still haven't really figured out how to play teams like Accrington and Lincoln (and this season Huddersfield A, Rotherham A, Stoke H etc.) who put 10 men behind the ball and play a low block. I think we would do better against bottom half Prem teams than lower league teams playing anti-football

Yeah. Hopefully that won't be something we come up against too much next season!

Remember last season against Burnley? on 06:50 - May 12 with 605 viewsmikeybloo88

Wow...the arrogance of this. Remember how Fulham swatted us aside this season? We’re literally in a different league now and we need to be humble and sensible enough to acknowledge how difficult it will be and not say things that could come back to bite us. By all means let’s have confidence that if we go about things the right way we have a manager and organisation that can succeed in the Prem...but we need to show quiet confidence, respect and humility. In Sir Bobby’s day, we were everyone’s favourite team after their own in the top league and I’d like us to be that again and not be disliked like Sheffield United or Forest because we either play lousy football or moan too much.
Remember last season against Burnley? on 07:54 - May 12 with 497 viewsLA_Tractor_Boy

Remember last season against Burnley? on 06:50 - May 12 by mikeybloo88

Wow...the arrogance of this. Remember how Fulham swatted us aside this season? We’re literally in a different league now and we need to be humble and sensible enough to acknowledge how difficult it will be and not say things that could come back to bite us. By all means let’s have confidence that if we go about things the right way we have a manager and organisation that can succeed in the Prem...but we need to show quiet confidence, respect and humility. In Sir Bobby’s day, we were everyone’s favourite team after their own in the top league and I’d like us to be that again and not be disliked like Sheffield United or Forest because we either play lousy football or moan too much.

Completely agree.

We need to follow KMc and keep our humility.

Some fans are clearly looking at the table and thinking it's only Brighton, Bournemouth, Brentford etc. Those fans only need to take a look at their squads and count the number of international players, to realise what a massive challenge it will be next season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024