Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reports on X that Nketiah and ESR allowed to leave 09:33 - May 12 with 1672 viewsEssexBloo

I was initially doubtful of this rumour of our interest earlier in the week but now starting to think it could happen. Would we have any chance of getting these two!?
Reports on X that Nketiah and ESR allowed to leave on 09:42 - May 12 with 1571 viewsHerbivore

Highly doubtful, both out of our price range I would imagine and will have offers from sides like Brighton I expect.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Reports on X that Nketiah and ESR allowed to leave on 09:48 - May 12 with 1520 viewsstrikalite

Reports on X that Nketiah and ESR allowed to leave on 09:42 - May 12 by Herbivore

Highly doubtful, both out of our price range I would imagine and will have offers from sides like Brighton I expect.

Both on about £100k a week too..
Reports on X that Nketiah and ESR allowed to leave on 09:51 - May 12 with 1495 viewsITFCBlues

Do you really see us spending 60m on 2 players? That's pretty much our whole budget gone, plus 100k a week each.

It's never happening.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Reports on X that Nketiah and ESR allowed to leave on 09:54 - May 12 with 1454 viewsMullet

Reports on X that Nketiah and ESR allowed to leave on 09:51 - May 12 by ITFCBlues

Do you really see us spending 60m on 2 players? That's pretty much our whole budget gone, plus 100k a week each.

It's never happening.

How do we know what our budget is? Clubs seem quite willing to spend more and more and worry about it later, knowing that the consequences won't be that bad anyway.

I can't see this one, but we are such unknown territory I'm not dismissing anything from our owners etc entirely.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Reports on X that Nketiah and ESR allowed to leave on 09:57 - May 12 with 1406 viewsITFCBlues

Reports on X that Nketiah and ESR allowed to leave on 09:54 - May 12 by Mullet

How do we know what our budget is? Clubs seem quite willing to spend more and more and worry about it later, knowing that the consequences won't be that bad anyway.

I can't see this one, but we are such unknown territory I'm not dismissing anything from our owners etc entirely.

I can't imagine we will be paying anyone 100k a week.

Its also hard to believe that we'd spend more than 60-70m when you factor in increase wages etc. We're certainly not about to do a Forest and put ourselves in financial trouble down the line.

Reports on X that Nketiah and ESR allowed to leave on 10:01 - May 12 with 1362 viewsMullet

Reports on X that Nketiah and ESR allowed to leave on 09:57 - May 12 by ITFCBlues

I can't imagine we will be paying anyone 100k a week.

Its also hard to believe that we'd spend more than 60-70m when you factor in increase wages etc. We're certainly not about to do a Forest and put ourselves in financial trouble down the line.

It's only trouble if you go down again it seems. There's also the fact that players' wage don't keep going up when they drop from title challengers to newly promoted sides etc. Far too many variables at play here.

I can't wait to see how we go into the season and what it means, whatever happens.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Reports on X that Nketiah and ESR allowed to leave on 10:16 - May 12 with 1252 viewsITFCBlues

Reports on X that Nketiah and ESR allowed to leave on 10:01 - May 12 by Mullet

It's only trouble if you go down again it seems. There's also the fact that players' wage don't keep going up when they drop from title challengers to newly promoted sides etc. Far too many variables at play here.

I can't wait to see how we go into the season and what it means, whatever happens.

Agreed, it's exciting times for sure.

We will 100% push ourselves to the limit, of that I've zero doubts. But I can't see us taking risks like forest. ESR whilst on his day could be a bargain at 30m, it'd be a risk as well with his recent injury record.

Who knows, maybe there's a loan deal to be done where we buy if we stay up?

Reports on X that Nketiah and ESR allowed to leave on 10:30 - May 12 with 1187 viewsLA_Tractor_Boy

Reports on X that Nketiah and ESR allowed to leave on 09:51 - May 12 by ITFCBlues

It's never happening.

And this is why fans get disillusioned with the PL.

I love our current squad and as much as I want to be successful so accept we need to invest, I don't want mercenaries playing for Ipswich.
Login to get fewer ads

Reports on X that Nketiah and ESR allowed to leave on 10:35 - May 12 with 1158 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Reports on X that Nketiah and ESR allowed to leave on 10:01 - May 12 by Mullet

Goes far deeper than that. You pay these 2 £100k per week, you’ll have a queue of players agents at Ashtons door demanding parity for their players.

It ain’t happening

Poll: Our final position

Reports on X that Nketiah and ESR … on 10:52 - May 12 with 1056 viewsDarkBrandon

Reports on X that Nketiah and ESR allowed to leave on 09:54 - May 12 by Mullet

It isn’t that hard to work out our budget. We know what we are guaranteed from TV money (about £100m) we can lose/invest a further £35m or so.

With gate receipts and so on that gives a floor of abut £150m or so. Maybe a little higher.

Obviously we will have a wage bill, and we can trade one off against the other, but a transfer budget of somewhere north of £50m seems right to me
Reports on X that Nketiah and ESR allowed to leave on 11:01 - May 12 with 1003 viewsSimonds92

I'm still not actually convinced that Nketiah is actually any good, to be honest. Smith-Rowe was decent but hasn't really played any football for 2 years. Would feel a bit like Forest signing Elanga & Hudson-Odoi, except they paid a hell of a lot less, and those 2 have done ok, but hardly torn it up.
Reports on X that Nketiah and ESR allowed to leave on 11:13 - May 12 with 957 viewsstrikalite

Reports on X that Nketiah and ESR allowed to leave on 11:01 - May 12 by Simonds92

I'm still not actually convinced that Nketiah is actually any good, to be honest. Smith-Rowe was decent but hasn't really played any football for 2 years. Would feel a bit like Forest signing Elanga & Hudson-Odoi, except they paid a hell of a lot less, and those 2 have done ok, but hardly torn it up.

Hudson-Odio is the pick of the Forest players for me, again brilliant yesterday...only cost 5m, considering Bayern offered about £35m four years ago, but again I bet his wages are crazy high...
Reports on X that Nketiah and ESR allowed to leave on 11:23 - May 12 with 890 viewsParisBlue

Reports on X that Nketiah and ESR allowed to leave on 11:13 - May 12 by strikalite

Hudson-Odio is the pick of the Forest players for me, again brilliant yesterday...only cost 5m, considering Bayern offered about £35m four years ago, but again I bet his wages are crazy high...

80k a week

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Reports on X that Nketiah and ESR allowed to leave on 11:34 - May 12 with 810 viewsstrikalite

Reports on X that Nketiah and ESR allowed to leave on 11:23 - May 12 by ParisBlue

80k a week

Think this is why we'll be looking at quality Championship players(they'll have all the stats on hand at which ones) ...or the obvious foreign market, wages around 20k a week with bonuses in place..
Reports on X that Nketiah and ESR allowed to leave on 12:18 - May 12 with 681 viewsReusersTown

It's never happening.

There may be some truth in the rumour but not the fee as I’d doubt we’d go anywhere near that, both will clearly be moving on. Talk of 100k is a bit lazy, as you don’t generally get a pay rise or maintain when making a downwards move.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024