Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Play Off Format 13:43 - May 12 with 2273 viewsChrisd

Personally, I think Non League have got it right, one off games with the teams finishing higher getting home advantage. Genuinely, why is there the need to have a two legged game apart from generating money? Also, this whole process would be over sooner, so those Play Off winning teams can have longer to prepare for promotion instead of stringing it out over the next few weeks.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

The Play Off Format on 11:56 - May 13 with 148 viewswkj

I've always thought 3rd should go to the Final and then 4th and 5th should have a semi final. There does need to be a bigger reward for finishing 3rd as most of the time the clubs in 3rd tend to get pipped to 2nd

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

The Play Off Format on 17:57 - May 13 with 80 viewsVegtablue

I can only imagine how dull Div 2 must have been before the introduction of playoffs. Half the league would be back in pre-season mode by March, grim! And with parachute payments plus FFP rules as they now are, we would be that much closer to a truly closed shop.

I like the two-legged format as well on fairness grounds, because this favours the better team, which is normally the one that finished higher in the table. 3rd has a very strong record against 6th in the Championship, in part because sucker-punch goals and controversial moments are less fatal over 180'. 3rd straight to the final is a good suggestion though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024