Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Quite rightly there’s euphoria everywhere around ITFC, but there’s 1 ex play 15:53 - May 13 with 1991 viewsBattersea_Blue

that I wish was part of it . .

Kieron Dyer.

He’s Ipswich through and through, so it makes me hugely sad that he’s not been involved in our celebrations.

Ashton has done brilliantly involving ex players, quite rightly so. For the older fans, Butcher, Osman, Burley, etc. etc., put together with the guests on Life’s a pitch (Crawford, Reuser, Chambo, Warky, etc. etc. has brought every generation of Town fan together.

There’s obviously some kind of issue hanging over, such as Kieron being peed off about McGreal taking temporary charge at one point and his comments about young players not being able to break through. But Kieron bleeds blue and white, ITFC is in his genes.

While he’s had success at Chesterfield, I’d have loved to see him involved in our celebrations and I have no doubt he’d love to be giving it large locally.

Time to clear the air, put any issues in the bin permanently and have him celebrating our promotion with us.

Suggestion to Mark Murphy - get Kieron as a guest on Life’s a Pitch asap as a means to bury any ill feeling so we can have our Kieron back.
Quite rightly there’s euphoria everywhere around ITFC, but there’s 1 ex play on 15:57 - May 13 with 1930 views_clive_baker_

He was at Norwich away so don't think its as deep as you suggest.

Guess he's been very busy with Chesterfield and enjoying their own celebrations probably.

Top bloke is Kieron.
Quite rightly there’s euphoria everywhere around ITFC, but there’s 1 ex play on 16:00 - May 13 with 1876 viewsKeno

Quite rightly there’s euphoria everywhere around ITFC, but there’s 1 ex play on 15:57 - May 13 by _clive_baker_

Guess he's been very busy with Chesterfield and enjoying their own celebrations probably.

Top bloke is Kieron.

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Quite rightly there’s euphoria everywhere around ITFC, but there’s 1 ex play on 16:03 - May 13 with 1843 viewstextbackup

Has spent way too much of his time slating the ownership and club to remotely warrant being called a legend IMO.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Quite rightly there’s euphoria everywhere around ITFC, but there’s 1 ex play on 16:08 - May 13 with 1793 viewsBattersea_Blue

Quite rightly there’s euphoria everywhere around ITFC, but there’s 1 ex play on 16:00 - May 13 by Keno

Thanks Keno, didn’t see that. I’ll watch it, but hope it was positive.

I’ve played golf with him a couple of times, once at the Bobby Robson charity golf tournament in Portugal. Great guy and I know he’d have loved to have been part of last weekend.
Quite rightly there’s euphoria everywhere around ITFC, but there’s 1 ex play on 16:09 - May 13 with 1767 viewsBattersea_Blue

Quite rightly there’s euphoria everywhere around ITFC, but there’s 1 ex play on 15:57 - May 13 by _clive_baker_

Top bloke is Kieron.

Yep, saw that, but with the fans rather than the posh seats.

Ashton needs to be the big man here and heal any rift.
Quite rightly there’s euphoria everywhere around ITFC, but there’s 1 ex play on 16:11 - May 13 with 1738 viewsSitfcB

He chose to leave [shrug]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Quite rightly there’s euphoria everywhere around ITFC, but there’s 1 ex play on 16:11 - May 13 with 1743 viewsBattersea_Blue

Quite rightly there’s euphoria everywhere around ITFC, but there’s 1 ex play on 16:03 - May 13 by textbackup

Has spent way too much of his time slating the ownership and club to remotely warrant being called a legend IMO.

IMHO that needs to be brushed aside and he be given any benefit of the doubt.

With the health issues he’s been through it’s not unexpected that things are said in the heat of the moment.

Kieron is ITFC.
Quite rightly there’s euphoria everywhere around ITFC, but there’s 1 ex play on 16:12 - May 13 with 1731 viewsKeno

Quite rightly there’s euphoria everywhere around ITFC, but there’s 1 ex play on 16:08 - May 13 by Battersea_Blue

Thanks Keno, didn’t see that. I’ll watch it, but hope it was positive.

I’ve played golf with him a couple of times, once at the Bobby Robson charity golf tournament in Portugal. Great guy and I know he’d have loved to have been part of last weekend.

It was very positive which is why I linked it

Hope you enjoy

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Login to get fewer ads

Quite rightly there’s euphoria everywhere around ITFC, but there’s 1 ex play on 16:14 - May 13 with 1712 views_clive_baker_

Quite rightly there’s euphoria everywhere around ITFC, but there’s 1 ex play on 16:09 - May 13 by Battersea_Blue

Yep, saw that, but with the fans rather than the posh seats.

Ashton needs to be the big man here and heal any rift.

With the fans but presumably tickets from the club, I doubt he's got 25 away points.

Glad to see him doing his own thing at Chesterfield tbh, I think sometimes you can be too comfortable in life, he's earning his stripes and his own path and that's admirable. Hope he has a great career in coaching and potentially management.
Quite rightly there’s euphoria everywhere around ITFC, but there’s 1 ex play on 16:21 - May 13 with 1666 viewsBattersea_Blue

Quite rightly there’s euphoria everywhere around ITFC, but there’s 1 ex play on 16:14 - May 13 by _clive_baker_

With the fans but presumably tickets from the club, I doubt he's got 25 away points.

Glad to see him doing his own thing at Chesterfield tbh, I think sometimes you can be too comfortable in life, he's earning his stripes and his own path and that's admirable. Hope he has a great career in coaching and potentially management.

That’s a good point and totally agree with you.

I just hope he’s not now entrenched in the pub culture that seems to be Cook’s forte. He should look at KMc as a role model rather than old school Cook if he really wants to make something of a career in coaching/management.
Quite rightly there’s euphoria everywhere around ITFC, but there’s 1 ex play on 16:25 - May 13 with 1654 viewsPhilTWTD

We have had him on Life's a Pitch TV, see below. Worth pointing out that other than those currently at the club, we've sorted all the guests ourselves rather than the club supplying them to us.

Quite rightly there’s euphoria everywhere around ITFC, but there’s 1 ex play on 16:37 - May 13 with 1564 viewsHungryLikeTheWoolf

Quite rightly there’s euphoria everywhere around ITFC, but there’s 1 ex play on 16:25 - May 13 by PhilTWTD

We have had him on Life's a Pitch TV, see below. Worth pointing out that other than those currently at the club, we've sorted all the guests ourselves rather than the club supplying them to us.

Any chance of getting any more current players on during pre-season?
Quite rightly there’s euphoria everywhere around ITFC, but there’s 1 ex play on 16:37 - May 13 with 1565 viewsBattersea_Blue

Quite rightly there’s euphoria everywhere around ITFC, but there’s 1 ex play on 16:25 - May 13 by PhilTWTD

Did you guys get Chappers on there yourselves too rather than going through the club?

I missed that KD was on there, perhaps I’ve missed others, but some suggestions who would be great value would be:-

Allan Hunter (some great stories and such a brilliant, dry sense of humour)
Bryan Hamilton (you wouldn’t be able to shut him up)
Clive Woods (the Norwich connection would be fun)
A hero of mine, Trevor Whymark, though maybe he wouldn’t be up for it).

I’m sure you guys have been through all the ex players, so don’t want you to feel I’m telling grandma how to suck eggs, but there are some fantastic options.

Getting Brazil on there would be awesome, as long as you could guarantee he would show up . . 😂
Quite rightly there’s euphoria everywhere around ITFC, but there’s 1 ex play on 16:43 - May 13 with 1532 viewsyesjohn99

Speak to him off the record and there is a dislike of the club from him. ‘hate’ too strong, but definite dislike.
Quite rightly there’s euphoria everywhere around ITFC, but there’s 1 ex play on 16:47 - May 13 with 1503 viewsSitfcB

Quite rightly there’s euphoria everywhere around ITFC, but there’s 1 ex play on 16:37 - May 13 by Battersea_Blue

Did you guys get Chappers on there yourselves too rather than going through the club?

I missed that KD was on there, perhaps I’ve missed others, but some suggestions who would be great value would be:-

I’m sure you guys have been through all the ex players, so don’t want you to feel I’m telling grandma how to suck eggs, but there are some fantastic options.

Getting Brazil on there would be awesome, as long as you could guarantee he would show up . . 😂

‘other than those currently at the club‘

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Quite rightly there’s euphoria everywhere around ITFC, but there’s 1 ex play on 16:55 - May 13 with 1421 viewsFrimleyBlue

Sorry. Personally don't feel the same as most on this one.

Yes he's done alot. Fair play.

But he's also left the club 3 times now. So I get the plaudits and as I said fair play. But not to the point that I feel the same level of admiration for him.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Quite rightly there’s euphoria everywhere around ITFC, but there’s 1 ex play on 17:09 - May 13 with 1341 viewsBattersea_Blue

Quite rightly there’s euphoria everywhere around ITFC, but there’s 1 ex play on 16:55 - May 13 by FrimleyBlue

Sorry. Personally don't feel the same as most on this one.

Yes he's done alot. Fair play.

But he's also left the club 3 times now. So I get the plaudits and as I said fair play. But not to the point that I feel the same level of admiration for him.

That’s really sad, but get what you’re saying.

I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt, primarily because of something I alluded to in a previous post in this thread.

He went through a humongous health issue. He would have been on all sorts of prescribed drugs to cope with the whole scenario, which was spread over a lengthy period of time.

I won’t go into detail here, but I went through an equally traumatic experience health wise from August last year to February this year and I was on all sorts of prescribed drugs. When you’re on these, really, it messes with your head, even down to hallucinations, thinking things have happened that didn’t and it affects your strategic and logical thinking. Those who haven’t been through this wouldn’t understand. I didn’t until I went through it. With his deep down feelings for our club I have no doubt it could have affected his thinking and what he said. It’s like when you really love someone but you say/do the wrong things at the wrong time, purely because your mind is affected.

I have no doubt his deep love and affection for ITFC hasn’t changed.
Quite rightly there’s euphoria everywhere around ITFC, but there’s 1 ex play on 17:20 - May 13 with 1295 viewsEuropablue

Quite rightly there’s euphoria everywhere around ITFC, but there’s 1 ex play on 16:03 - May 13 by textbackup

He's gone through a lot recently, so we can forgive him.
Don't forget, he was Ipswich as a coach through the worst time.
I personally think he's too emotional to be a top class manager.
He's still a club legend and I think he has been rehabilitated.
Jim Magilton also had a rocky relationship with the club, only because he was very poorly treated by the previous administration. I'm not going to hold that against Jim because clearly the club is not always right. Case in point, they hired Roy Keane.
Quite rightly there’s euphoria everywhere around ITFC, but there’s 1 ex play on 17:23 - May 13 with 1277 viewsEuropablue

I'd really like to see Kieran McKenna on Life's a pitch. I totally appreciate that the current players don't want to go on during the season, but it would be nice to see more on at the end of the season and before the new season.
Quite rightly there’s euphoria everywhere around ITFC, but there’s 1 ex play on 17:25 - May 13 with 1261 viewsEuropablue

Quite rightly there’s euphoria everywhere around ITFC, but there’s 1 ex play on 16:37 - May 13 by Battersea_Blue

Alan Brazil is coming on for the live show this week.
Quite rightly there’s euphoria everywhere around ITFC, but there’s 1 ex play on 18:42 - May 13 with 1104 viewsIllinoisblue

In what way would you want him involved in the celebrations? He played twice as many games for Newcastle as he did for us.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Quite rightly there’s euphoria everywhere around ITFC, but there’s 1 ex play on 19:39 - May 13 with 945 viewsSwansea_Blue

I don’t think that’s entirely fair. He was very open with his thoughts around leaving, but he wasn’t overly critical if what was published in the press is anything to go by. He seemed to say he didn’t feel the direction the club was going in matched his own values and that he needed to leave to grow. Ironically, he thought the club’s stance on togetherness and building a nurturing environment didn’t seem genuine. I can see why he felt bitter in that regard, and from his point of view he was probably right, as he was constantly overlooked. But the whole saga around him does show his judgement wasn’t very good.

Is he a legend? Yeah, I’d say just about. More in terms of legendary alumni though rather than what he helped us achieve on the pitch, plus his coaching work. Magic’s another one with genuine legendary status who also fell out with the ownership.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Quite rightly there’s euphoria everywhere around ITFC, but there’s 1 ex play on 03:49 - May 14 with 647 viewsBattersea_Blue

Quite rightly there’s euphoria everywhere around ITFC, but there’s 1 ex play on 18:42 - May 13 by Illinoisblue

In what way would you want him involved in the celebrations? He played twice as many games for Newcastle as he did for us.

Oh come on, that’s ridiculous.

Ipswich born and bred, that covers your 2nd “point”.

Surprised Sky didn’t try and involve him on the final day or during the bus procession, though as Chesterfields season was well over by then perhaps he was away somewhere. Certainly more appropriate than some of those “pundits” Sky have, like Goodman.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024