Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Radcliffe and Brailsford.... 18:25 - May 15 with 987 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

....everyone seems to see them as the answer to all Man Utd's problems.

Could just as easily be their version of Evans and Clegg!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Radcliffe and Brailsford.... on 18:31 - May 15 with 944 viewsTractorWood

United is a total basket case.

Will take years to sort them out. McKenna would be mad to go there now.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Radcliffe and Brailsford.... on 18:44 - May 15 with 894 viewsMK1

I'm not so sure. Utd have for years over paid for players just not good enough for the second biggest club in the world. They seem to to pay at least £20M more for some players, just because they are Utd. Think Radcliff's cost cutting is long overdue and he only wants players who want to play for them, not the pay day. He also want's to encourage the youth to come through, which again, for a club of Utd's size, sounds correct. It will take a while to get rid of those who are only there for the money, but give it a few years and Utd should again be able to challenge for the big trophies.
Radcliffe and Brailsford.... on 18:49 - May 15 with 859 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Radcliffe and Brailsford.... on 18:44 - May 15 by MK1

I'm not so sure. Utd have for years over paid for players just not good enough for the second biggest club in the world. They seem to to pay at least £20M more for some players, just because they are Utd. Think Radcliff's cost cutting is long overdue and he only wants players who want to play for them, not the pay day. He also want's to encourage the youth to come through, which again, for a club of Utd's size, sounds correct. It will take a while to get rid of those who are only there for the money, but give it a few years and Utd should again be able to challenge for the big trophies.

Its all easy to say, will be interesting to see how its implemented.

I'm not sure he needs Brailsford alongside.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Radcliffe and Brailsford.... on 18:51 - May 15 with 825 viewsEwan_Oozami

Aren't they on Radio 6?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Radcliffe and Brailsford.... on 18:52 - May 15 with 820 viewsGuthrum

I think it's more the other way around.

ManU were being run as a cash-cow (or at least loan collateral) for the Glazers. Now Ratcliffe and Brailsford are trying to steer it back to being a football club.

It may not succeed, but things were just drifting the wrong way otherwise.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Radcliffe and Brailsford.... on 18:57 - May 15 with 787 viewsjontysnut

Not sure what Brailsford has done outside cycling. Like when Clive Woodward got involved at Southampton? Radcliffe is rich but United needs a Gulf states.
Radcliffe and Brailsford.... on 19:44 - May 15 with 673 viewscressi

Radcliffe and Brailsford.... on 18:57 - May 15 by jontysnut

Not sure what Brailsford has done outside cycling. Like when Clive Woodward got involved at Southampton? Radcliffe is rich but United needs a Gulf states.

Radcliffe has done bu**er all at Nice not convinced he will at man utd like spurs had lots of established decent managers who have not succeeded. I think McKenna get spat out amongst the chaos at that club.
Radcliffe and Brailsford.... on 19:46 - May 15 with 656 viewsFrimleyBlue

How on earth are they playing Newcastle
With a 50 year old cb.
A midfielder in defence
And erm Fernandes as a striker.

And this is the club people think KM would jump in his car tomorrow for?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Login to get fewer ads

Radcliffe and Brailsford.... on 21:18 - May 15 with 559 viewsMK1

Radcliffe and Brailsford.... on 19:46 - May 15 by FrimleyBlue

How on earth are they playing Newcastle
With a 50 year old cb.
A midfielder in defence
And erm Fernandes as a striker.

And this is the club people think KM would jump in his car tomorrow for?

He is a Man Utd fan, so yes he would, but they aren't going to offer it to him. No sweating required just yet.
Radcliffe and Brailsford.... on 22:37 - May 15 with 481 viewsstonojnr

Radcliffe and Brailsford.... on 18:57 - May 15 by jontysnut

football can be quite parochial at times, but I guess its how the likes of Rooney gets given a championship team to manage whilst never showing an ounce of ability at the job, but its ok he was from "football".

Brailsford is a sporting director whose main talents are talent spotting, identifying people with the right physical or coaching attributes to suit a particular sport, and using data analytics (the marginal gains stuff) on the widest range of performance data to extract the absolute maximum from them.

does that sound alot like picking a player from say a lower league team and then coaching and training them to be the best version of player they can be and excel, or is it just me ?

but there you go, maybe he'll just tell them to stop taking energy gels in the last 15-20mins of a game, because your body wont digest it in time to be of any use.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024