Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Al Hamadi and Clarke 19:34 - May 15 with 1661 viewsFrimleyBlue

Looking ahead...

Quite exciting to see what level of performances we will get considering what they managed whilst being severely hampered by injury.

Clarke.. could become an absolute beast of a fullback.
Al Hamadi.. a current day Daren Bent, direct, bit of pace, good feet and has that knack of being in the right place.

Really looking forward to seeing these two next season.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Al Hamadi and Clarke on 20:51 - May 15 with 1546 viewssmithy69

Probably the 1st post I have ever agreed with you on
Al Hamadi and Clarke on 21:06 - May 15 with 1519 viewsMK1

Think we will get a starting RB in.
Al Hamadi and Clarke on 21:07 - May 15 with 1508 viewssmithy69

Al Hamadi and Clarke on 21:06 - May 15 by MK1

Think we will get a starting RB in.

Tuanzebe
Al Hamadi and Clarke on 23:27 - May 15 with 1413 viewsJon_456

I don’t think they’ll be too different to the natural progression they would make anyway, playing against & training with better players now we’re in the prem.

I’d imagine a lot of the pain they were playing through was more long term through the recovery stage rather than in game pain.
Al Hamadi and Clarke on 08:35 - May 16 with 1259 viewsyorkshireblue

I was told by someone who claimed to be ITK, but in reality I have no idea, that if Clarke was playing for anyone else except his home-town club in a promotion push he would have had the surgery months ago.
Al Hamadi and Clarke on 09:13 - May 16 with 1200 viewstextbackup

Have to be brutally honest, I’ve seen nothing from AAH that suggests he’s a modern day Darren Bent.

I’d be amazed if he gets a single min of premier league football next next, with the most likely outcome being him on loan to a championship team. Which is not to dig at him at all, he’s come in from L2, so hell of a jump up.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Al Hamadi and Clarke on 13:08 - May 16 with 1053 viewsBluefields

I think Clarke will get exposed as a fullback at the top level.
Al Hamadi could be anything or a total flop, we don't know.
Al Hamadi and Clarke on 13:26 - May 16 with 988 viewsMookamoo

Al Hamadi and Clarke on 13:08 - May 16 by Bluefields

We're going to be chasing more games next season. Clarke off the bench after 65 minutes is going to be important.
Login to get fewer ads

Al Hamadi and Clarke on 13:43 - May 16 with 937 viewsbaxterbasics

Al Hamadi and Clarke on 21:07 - May 15 by smithy69

Tuanzebe

Tuanzebe is more a CB though isn't he? Was just filling in there due to lack of options. I agree we need a new RB.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Al Hamadi and Clarke on 14:17 - May 16 with 864 views_clive_baker_

Al Hamadi and Clarke on 13:08 - May 16 by Bluefields

I think Clarke will find his chances limited tbh. Would fully expect us to recruit in that area.

Al Hamadi is a really interesting one. I thought he was absolutely superb against Boro in that rare start, genuinely one of the best centre forward displays of the season for me for 60 minutes until he was cooked and went off. He's quick, pretty strong, linked up so well with those off him. I think I'm right in saying that's his only start for us and I thought he was superb. Chipped in with 4 goals off the bench as well which go under the radar a little bit. Very unlucky against Southampton with that shot that hit the post as well. I've been really impressed by him.
Al Hamadi and Clarke on 14:21 - May 16 with 838 viewsSomethingBlue

Al Hamadi and Clarke on 14:17 - May 16 by _clive_baker_

I think Clarke will find his chances limited tbh. Would fully expect us to recruit in that area.

Al Hamadi is a really interesting one. I thought he was absolutely superb against Boro in that rare start, genuinely one of the best centre forward displays of the season for me for 60 minutes until he was cooked and went off. He's quick, pretty strong, linked up so well with those off him. I think I'm right in saying that's his only start for us and I thought he was superb. Chipped in with 4 goals off the bench as well which go under the radar a little bit. Very unlucky against Southampton with that shot that hit the post as well. I've been really impressed by him.

Yes, he's a pretty unique talent who potentially has more or less everything in his locker. Any loan to the Champ would have to be absolutely the right one, he's someone you'd quite like to see have an extended time under our current coaching setup and see if he goes bang. Don't want him going to a drifting Champ club, playing here & there and fading away. Hope we can make the right call.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Al Hamadi and Clarke on 14:35 - May 16 with 789 viewsGlasgowBlue

Add in Tuanzebe with a full pre season behind him. I think he’ll move to the centre of defence next season.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Al Hamadi and Clarke on 14:40 - May 16 with 766 viewsFrimleyBlue

Al Hamadi and Clarke on 14:35 - May 16 by GlasgowBlue

Add in Tuanzebe with a full pre season behind him. I think he’ll move to the centre of defence next season.

He's got to really hasn't he, I was amazed we got so many games out of him, our medical team have worked absolute wonders. Considering big clubs couldn't sort him out, he comes to us, has the town medical team work on him and suddenly he's back to being able to play football every week.

Waka waka eh eh

Al Hamadi and Clarke on 18:18 - May 16 with 616 viewsClutch

Tuanzebe

He wasn't as good as Clarke, so seems doubtful.
I expect them both to be... on 18:23 - May 16 with 598 viewsBloots

...used relatively sparingly next season to be honest.

AAH will be 3rd choice CF behind Hirst and a new signing and I also expect we'll get a new RB in, with Axel competing with Wolf and also covering at RB.

Depth though, innit.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Al Hamadi and Clarke on 18:23 - May 16 with 593 viewsMK1

Tuanzebe

No. I think he moves across to CB.
Al Hamadi and Clarke on 19:30 - May 16 with 508 viewsLord_Lucan

Al Hamadi and Clarke on 09:13 - May 16 by textbackup

Have to be brutally honest, I’ve seen nothing from AAH that suggests he’s a modern day Darren Bent.

I’d be amazed if he gets a single min of premier league football next next, with the most likely outcome being him on loan to a championship team. Which is not to dig at him at all, he’s come in from L2, so hell of a jump up.

I have a good feeling in my water about him.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Al Hamadi and Clarke on 19:39 - May 16 with 475 viewsjayessess

Clarke's got all the athleticism you need to succeed at the top level and hasn't hit his ceiling yet. Think he'll surprise a few next season.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Al Hamadi and Clarke on 19:41 - May 16 with 471 viewsFrimleyBlue

Al Hamadi and Clarke on 19:39 - May 16 by jayessess

Clarke's got all the athleticism you need to succeed at the top level and hasn't hit his ceiling yet. Think he'll surprise a few next season.

Yeah that's how I see it.

At times people said he was playing a similar level as williams who himself was seen as prem quality but recovering. So clarke getting fully fit with time on his side too I think he'll be a really solid prem fullback.

Waka waka eh eh

Al Hamadi and Clarke on 19:47 - May 16 with 442 viewsTrequartista

I think Al Hamadi will go on loan to a championship club unless we change our style of play.

I'm pretty sure Clarke was not as good last season as when he first came here due to playing the whole season with an injury so he might turn out to be one of our best players next season.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024