Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It’s all about Keiran 01:13 - May 16 with 723 viewsPhuketPete

I believe (hope) KM will stay another year or even more but until he clarifies that, it will be destabilise and damage the club’s progress. We need him to clarify asap before the window opens in order to settle everyone down and make it easier to sign the better new players we need - be they on loan or permanent. (Or to retain existing players be they ours or on loan). Worse, if he goes it will demoralise the whole club. I’d go so far as to say our EPL survival in year one hinges on him staying.

Come on super KM. Forget ManU. A poison chalice for any manager esp an EPL novice.
It’s all about Keiran on 05:18 - May 16 with 557 viewsUSA

1. What matters is they know within the club. It’s destabilising for fans without an announcement and creates many meltdowns on here. But if it’s known within the club the effect is minimised.

2. He isn’t an EPL novice. He’s been at the top of that club before, nothing would be new to him and as we know KMc won’t be fazed by anything even, if it was an unexpected challenge.

3. Taking on that club right now wouldn’t be a bad move for him. It might take a while to get players running through walls for him, like Harry Clarke mentioned, maybe a transfer window or 2. But look at the basket case he took on with us. Turned us around immediately with players of considerably less talent. The only way from here for United under KMc would be up. He’d smash that job.

Let’s hope his love for being here right now is enough. I think it is and I don’t think he’ll choose to rush his departure. Some managers might feel it’s a once in a lifetime chance. It won’t be for McKenna. In a few years he’ll walk into any job he wants to.

I think he stays. I hope I’m right.
It’s all about Keiran on 09:37 - May 16 with 393 viewsGuthrum

It's not a particularly unusual situation in football, managers possibly on their way out of the door (for one reason or another) when approaching or in a transfer window. Players, agents and administrators are all used to working in such circumstances.

As for demoralising the club and endangering our chances of staying up, it rather depends who would replace McKenna and whether they can continue the philosophy/style/progression. Surely a new manager would be selected with that in mind?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

It’s all about Keiran on 10:46 - May 16 with 334 viewsBossy

It's in the hands of Man Utd now.

They've clearly had talks, it's so obvious. Ashton and McKenna would have had open discussions about it too.

He's probably part of a bigger shortlist. No decision will be announced until after the FA Cup Final and the decision is probably yet to be made but will be made shortly.

McKenna knows a lot of the younger players now coming through, he's highly respected by senior figures at the club and he understands some of the issues already inside of the dressing room.

It'll come down to whether they want to take a 'punt' on a manager who hasn't been in sole charge of a club in the EPL before.

Interesting times.

Poll: Should there be stickied threads for hot topics (e.g. matchday/McKenna rumours)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024