Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Songs - a suggestion 09:29 - May 17 with 390 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

No one can have failed to hear what Mark Ashton, Kieran and the players have said about how the support has helped the team on the pitch so much this season.
We have also had quite a few discussions on the board about how to improve the atmosphere at PR. But there seems to be one simple way that TWTD could help with that. Have a songs tab so that anyone that comes on here can see the lyrics and tune of our songs.
There must be huge numbers of fans who don't join in with songs simply because they don't know the words. And there is an underlying haughtiness of "if you were a proper fan, you'd know the words". Well some people find it hard to pick out the words, so why don't we have a heading with sub threads for (i) songs that have been successfully adopted, and (ii) a separate sub thread for song suggestions?
As an aside, I think it was ITFCBlues (correct me if I'm wrong) on here very soon after we signed Jezza who put a suggestion of "Magic" by Pilot - I think I was first to upvote it, and could see how well it scanned. Then at the next game, a few of us in SBRU began singing it. It's a great example of how the board can improve the atmosphere at PR (and away).
[Post edited 17 May 9:30]

Poll: would you rather

Songs - a suggestion on 09:59 - May 17 with 311 viewsBasingstokeBlue

I've always imagined there to be a choir practice night, sometime in between games. Being obviously not a town resident, I guess there would be no point in inviting me!

I turn up to every home game and there are always one or two new songs that everyone else in Cobbold A knows, but I don't. And yes, it can be difficult to pick up the words.

Published the lyrics is a good idea; and sometimes even a link to the original song would also help (there is one whose metre sounds really wierd, to me).

The only song I recall originating from a TWTD post was "Massimo, Aha".

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Songs - a suggestion on 13:18 - May 17 with 234 viewsVanSaParody

"Linger" by the Cranberries but, see link to US music humour site Amiright who've published my parody lyrics (extra) Finger - incl a verse immortalising the beer can on the bonnet incident... have a chuckle!

http://www.amiright.com/parody/90s/thecranberries29.shtml
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024