Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wolves complaining about VAR 10:41 - May 17 with 767 viewsGuthrum

But would have been six points and three places worse off without it, according to this article.

https://uk.yahoo.com/sports/news/liverpool-hit-reality-premier-league-174347630.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Wolves complaining about VAR on 10:50 - May 17 with 709 viewsBossy

One sure fire way for Wolves to get rid of VAR is to get relegated into the Championship next season.

I think we might see one or two established Premier League sides getting dragged into the relegation battle next season, I wonder if they could be one.

Poll: Should there be stickied threads for hot topics (e.g. matchday/McKenna rumours)?

Wolves complaining about VAR on 10:52 - May 17 with 693 viewsNthYorkshireBlue

That’s assuming that the referee would have made the same call without VAR but I think that’s unlikely to be the case. We have seen ourselves that the PL referees tend to avoid making the big on field decisions now and defer to the VAR room instead. There’s no real way to know how those decisions would have gone with the referee making the call.

In taking VAR away, I believe that it would be a very difficult transition back given that the PL referees have been trained out of giving penalties. They’ll either need to bring through a new wave of referees from the Championship or give it 2/3 seasons to transition back IMO.
Wolves complaining about VAR on 10:59 - May 17 with 669 viewsnrb1985

I will refrain from saying what I really think about the PGMOL as it might be interpreted as libellous!

But keeping VAR I think is important to keep referees "in check", without it they're free to run things as they see fit - reference Mike Dean not sending Taylor to the monitor last season because "he was looking out for his mate".

And as of next year their audio is made public I believe. Vitally important for the integrity of the game it's kept and we hear that audio IMO.

Note too, no other leagues have such an issue with VAR - works fine in lots of other countries.
[Post edited 17 May 11:00]
Wolves complaining about VAR on 11:04 - May 17 with 629 viewsSimonds92

Wolves complaining about VAR on 10:52 - May 17 by NthYorkshireBlue

That’s assuming that the referee would have made the same call without VAR but I think that’s unlikely to be the case. We have seen ourselves that the PL referees tend to avoid making the big on field decisions now and defer to the VAR room instead. There’s no real way to know how those decisions would have gone with the referee making the call.

In taking VAR away, I believe that it would be a very difficult transition back given that the PL referees have been trained out of giving penalties. They’ll either need to bring through a new wave of referees from the Championship or give it 2/3 seasons to transition back IMO.

This is absolutely spot on.

Unfortunately the standard of refereeing is now absolutely terrible and VAR isn't helping, it makes things worse because you can't celebrate. I think it's enlightening that most teams who have recently been promoted or relegated say they prefer the championship. There was a stat on talksport yesterday that correct decisions have gone up from 82% to 96% but I wpuld imagine half of those decisions are subjective and if the opposite decision was made they would still have deemed it as being correct.
Wolves complaining about VAR (n/t) on 12:20 - May 17 with 532 viewsEastTownBlue

Wolves complaining about VAR on 10:59 - May 17 by nrb1985

I will refrain from saying what I really think about the PGMOL as it might be interpreted as libellous!

But keeping VAR I think is important to keep referees "in check", without it they're free to run things as they see fit - reference Mike Dean not sending Taylor to the monitor last season because "he was looking out for his mate".

And as of next year their audio is made public I believe. Vitally important for the integrity of the game it's kept and we hear that audio IMO.

Note too, no other leagues have such an issue with VAR - works fine in lots of other countries.

Other countries will point out their VAR problems as well. Whether it is statiscally as bad is another matter.
[Post edited 17 May 12:21]
Wolves complaining about VAR on 13:50 - May 17 with 419 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Wolves complaining about VAR on 15:42 - May 17 with 336 viewsnaa

Wolves complaining about VAR on 10:59 - May 17 by nrb1985

You say no one else is having problems with VAR, but Sweden have just voted to stop using it.

Clubs there are fan owned (51%) and fans hate VAR. It's only the rich owners who like it because the big teams are statisically more likely to benefit from it than the smaller ones (as they have more possession, attacks etc).
[Post edited 17 May 15:43]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024