Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A very happy Saint Jim's day to you all 14:18 - May 17 with 976 viewsBlueBadger

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

A very happy Saint Jim's day to you all on 14:44 - May 17 with 919 viewsSwansea_Blue

One of, if not THE, best individual performances of my time watching us in terms of impact on a game. There have been plenty of better players, but he was a force of nature that night. He wasn’t going to let anyone stand in our way.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

A very happy Saint Jim's day to you all on 14:55 - May 17 with 893 viewsbelgablue

A very happy Saint Jim's day to you all on 14:44 - May 17 by Swansea_Blue

One of, if not THE, best individual performances of my time watching us in terms of impact on a game. There have been plenty of better players, but he was a force of nature that night. He wasn’t going to let anyone stand in our way.

I thought Barry Knight was superb that night as well.

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

A very happy Saint Jim's day to you all on 15:03 - May 17 with 874 viewswkj

The culmination and climax of Barry Knight appreciation week.
Barry Knight appreciation week by wkj 13 May 2023 16:07
With Bolton playing at home first and then away to the team we beat in the Championship playoffs - It is no better time to show appreciation to one of the weirdest, yet fortuitous, referee displays I think many of us have ever witnessed at PR.

(For all the whipper snappers who weren't there)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZrozLYtmL4

[Post edited 17 May 15:04]

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

A very happy Saint Jim's day to you all on 15:23 - May 17 with 834 viewsVegtablue

A very happy Saint Jim's day to you all on 14:55 - May 17 by belgablue

Barry didn't need VAR to tell him what a penalty or red card looks like.
A very happy Saint Jim's day to you all on 15:32 - May 17 with 781 viewsblueasfook

Was in the Churchmans that night. Right behind the goal. Me and my mate was on telly in the background when Sheepy was being interviewed on the pitch. Eat your heart out Sitters, you Sky TV tart.

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

A very happy Saint Jim's day to you all on 16:25 - May 17 with 735 viewsSwansea_Blue

A very happy Saint Jim's day to you all on 14:55 - May 17 by belgablue

It's odd looking back at those penalty decisions to see how rules and views have changed. For the one that Magic missed, Stewart was cleaned out completely yet the commentator was having none of it 'fully got the ball, nowhere near the man'. That would be a penalty every time nowadays. The last one would now be considered quite soft. Sure DJ was thrown to the floor, so anyone wearing blue goggles would want a pen, but the defender was stronger and had mopped up by then. We'd be really annoyed if it was given against us given how much manhandling in the box there is these days.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

A very happy Saint Jim's day to you all on 16:32 - May 17 with 723 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Didn't realise Don Goodman was commentating back then.
A very happy Saint Jim's day to you all on 18:52 - May 17 with 637 viewsDBaldy

Not seen that version of commentary and analysis before, so while obviously we had several decisions go in our favour, it was plainly obvious who the commentator and presenters wanted to win! Even the closing credits showed Bolton highlights!

But now that's off my chest, definitely the best game I've ever been to. Everyone went absolutely mental when Jim's 3rd went in, so for those who weren't around at that time, think Sarmiento vs Southampton but with even more on the line in that one game. Unbelievable.
Login to get fewer ads

A very happy Saint Jim's day to you all on 02:35 - May 19 with 484 viewsBlueBadger

A very happy Saint Jim's day to you all on 16:25 - May 17 by Swansea_Blue

It's odd looking back at those penalty decisions to see how rules and views have changed. For the one that Magic missed, Stewart was cleaned out completely yet the commentator was having none of it 'fully got the ball, nowhere near the man'. That would be a penalty every time nowadays. The last one would now be considered quite soft. Sure DJ was thrown to the floor, so anyone wearing blue goggles would want a pen, but the defender was stronger and had mopped up by then. We'd be really annoyed if it was given against us given how much manhandling in the box there is these days.

Th either thing to note is that Bolton were bloody lucky not to have had a red sooner, given how blatant the jostling, scraping and attempts at intimidation on the ref were.

And also, that Bolton side were more than capable of going toe-to-toe on footballing terms with Burley's boys. That they turned out to kick, foul and spoil is a reflection on both the competence and decency of walrus faced crookSam Allardyce.
[Post edited 19 May 2:39]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

A very happy Saint Jim's day to you all on 02:40 - May 19 with 475 viewsfooters

A very happy Saint Jim's day to you all on 02:35 - May 19 by BlueBadger

Th either thing to note is that Bolton were bloody lucky not to have had a red sooner, given how blatant the jostling, scraping and attempts at intimidation on the ref were.

And also, that Bolton side were more than capable of going toe-to-toe on footballing terms with Burley's boys. That they turned out to kick, foul and spoil is a reflection on both the competence and decency of walrus faced crookSam Allardyce.
[Post edited 19 May 2:39]

That's a polite way of saying 'absolute sh1thousery'.

But it's Bolton, so what do you expect.

Couple of old puffins in the local supporting Oxford today. I was more than happy to give them our full support.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024