Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Downes 20:45 - May 17 with 5942 viewsLeoMuff

He really is very good, would be perfect fit for us

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Personally I think he's been..... on 00:39 - May 18 with 1620 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Personally I think he's been..... on 21:03 - May 17 by le2blue

The only player I've seen this season overrun Morsy in the home game against them, thought he was outstanding. When he's fully fit (he's currently playing with sciatica), I think he's one of the best pivot midfielders in the league and would complement Morsy well.

WBA and Leeds both overran Morsy and Luongo.

They only achieved it by outnumbering them, but they did completely overrun them.
Personally I think he's been..... on 02:11 - May 18 with 1540 viewsKievthegreat

Personally I think he's been..... on 20:57 - May 17 by cressi

Decent but think fans going overboard if he wasn't ex ipswich would u really notice him.

Southampton's league record with him in the team:
Played 33, Won 22, Drawn 6, Lost 5 = 2.2ppg

Southampton without him (but after he signed):
Played 10, won 2, drawn 2, lost 6 = 0.8ppg

Southampton definitely notice when he isn't there!
Downes on 06:13 - May 18 with 1476 viewsBondiBlue

Despite what i said on the last thread about going back to former players rarely working out, after watching him over the two legs, i've changed my mind and would definitely take downes back. Absolutely bossed both games. Was really good here and has improved loads since. Looking like a big game player now too.

Mckenna MUST be looking at him. Would fit this team like a glove.
[Post edited 18 May 6:13]

Poll: Which would you accept?

Downes on 06:49 - May 18 with 1447 viewsnodge_blue

He look bigger than I remember him. And he seems to just be every where. Perfect for us.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Downes on 07:39 - May 18 with 1416 viewsfranz_tyson

Downes on 21:45 - May 17 by NeedhamChris

We have some very sensitive souls in our fan base that take what happens in a cut throat industry very personally.

Possibly...... but we also have quite a few who go completely bonkers over players who've been in our academy. Like it seems to raise their abilities by 20-30%. I truly doubt if Downes would get a mention if he hadn't been an academy player.
And another thing.... I agree its a cut-throat industry and I have a feeling that Downes is the type of lad who has very little sentiment about us as a club and will make his own cut-throat decision about his future where we're not part of it. And I have no problem with that. Good player, but can't see him giving two hoots about us. Don't understand this hero worship of ex-academy players..... especially as we've had in the last two years so many examples of genuine legends who've joined us from anywhere and given everything for us.
Downes on 08:11 - May 18 with 1347 viewsChurchman

Downes on 21:42 - May 17 by J2BLUE

Yes, none of that is a deal breaker.

It is for me.

The only caveat is that I don’t know the bloke or what his feelings/attitude truly are.

Regardless, he’s contracted to his beloved West Ham and I suspect will get another chance there with Moyes’ replacement. If not he’ll stay at Southampton who even if they lose to Leeds will be strong next year.
Downes on 08:29 - May 18 with 1297 viewsMK1

Downes on 08:11 - May 18 by Churchman

It is for me.

The only caveat is that I don’t know the bloke or what his feelings/attitude truly are.

Regardless, he’s contracted to his beloved West Ham and I suspect will get another chance there with Moyes’ replacement. If not he’ll stay at Southampton who even if they lose to Leeds will be strong next year.

I would rather we went for someone who doesn't come here with baggage. There will always be a question mark regarding Downes. We don't know what was said or not, but the fact that our fans booed him recently and the things he said in reaction, makes me think we would be better served looking elsewhere.
Downes on 08:43 - May 18 with 1276 viewsNutkins_Return

Downes on 21:41 - May 17 by Cheltenham_Blue

Downes? The same one who stuck in a transfer request when Palace came sniffing?
The same one that then did his MCL and when he came back said he had ‘no regrets’ in asking for one?
The same one that said he STILL wanted out, even though the palace interest had cooled.
The same one that was upset at getting a few boos back here?
The same one that at the beginning of this week that if he’s leaving West Ham he wants to stay at Southampton?

THAT Flynn Downes?

I mean you could provide the context and phrase that all through a different lens...but yes that's him. I'd take him. Excellent player.
Login to get fewer ads

Downes on 10:30 - May 18 with 1177 viewsChurchman

Downes on 08:29 - May 18 by MK1

I would rather we went for someone who doesn't come here with baggage. There will always be a question mark regarding Downes. We don't know what was said or not, but the fact that our fans booed him recently and the things he said in reaction, makes me think we would be better served looking elsewhere.

Agree. There are a lot of players out there. Move on.

One thing is for sure, anyone who comes here will have to have the right attitude regardless of who they are or how good they are. That is one of the biggest strengths of this and last season’s teams.
Downes on 11:04 - May 18 with 1143 viewsArnieM

Downes on 22:41 - May 17 by BarcaBlue

Would be superb to see him and Woolfie playing together for Town in the Premier, no?

lol you even discredit Woolfenden by mention that egotistical loiter prick Downes in the same sentence! Although Downes is far more likely to function at PL than Woolfie I’m afraid.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Downes on 11:38 - May 18 with 1105 viewswkj

Downes on 11:04 - May 18 by ArnieM

lol you even discredit Woolfenden by mention that egotistical loiter prick Downes in the same sentence! Although Downes is far more likely to function at PL than Woolfie I’m afraid.

Other than the fact he wanted away from a club that was broken, what actually backs up your claims here?

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Downes on 11:59 - May 18 with 1065 viewsNutkins_Return

Downes on 11:38 - May 18 by wkj

Other than the fact he wanted away from a club that was broken, what actually backs up your claims here?

He was a really young lad with ambition and we were an absolute basket case. A premier league side comes in. If it's you or your kid do you honestly think we were the best thing for him at that point. He never gave less than his best in a town shirt in my opinion. I've never got any sense he's a bad apple and managers always seem to love his attitude to the game.

Downes wears his heart on sleeve and is honest. I think he struggled with that situation when palace came in. Who on here made perfect decisions and responses when they were 20 FFS!?
Downes on 12:18 - May 18 with 1032 viewsArnieM

Downes on 11:38 - May 18 by wkj

Wanting away from us the WAY he went about it, does not detract from Downes’ footballing capabilities. I don’t like Downes for his attitude.

For the record , I don’t dislike Woolfenden , I just think he’s an average player., and he’s vastly overrated by some on here. There’s a difference…. Between the two situations / players.
[Post edited 18 May 12:19]

Downes on 18:00 - May 19 with 848 viewsNeedhamChris

Downes on 11:04 - May 18 by ArnieM

Embarrassing to exist in the same fan base as you.

That is petty and pathetic.

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Downes on 18:45 - May 19 with 791 viewsoldburian

Downes on 18:00 - May 19 by NeedhamChris

Well she is a Norwich fan.
Downes on 20:22 - May 19 with 733 viewsArnieM

Downes on 18:45 - May 19 by oldburian

Well she is a Norwich fan.

lol yer, of course am… I’m in SBR lower section 5 behind the goal. See you next season?

Downes on 20:25 - May 19 with 727 viewsArnieM

Downes on 18:00 - May 19 by NeedhamChris

Well you don’t have to read it or respond do you NeedhamChris! No doubt you’re a glory hunter that has switched from the dark side since McKenna and Co came to Town. Or just another of the gaslighters on here.

Downes on 20:34 - May 19 with 699 viewsNeedhamChris

Downes on 20:25 - May 19 by ArnieM

Well you don’t have to read it or respond do you NeedhamChris! No doubt you’re a glory hunter that has switched from the dark side since McKenna and Co came to Town. Or just another of the gaslighters on here.

What has any of that got to do with my criticism of you throwing a wobbly about Flynn Downes like a petulant child with insults etc.

Downes on 20:41 - May 19 with 677 viewsArnieM

Downes on 20:34 - May 19 by NeedhamChris

What has any of that got to do with my criticism of you throwing a wobbly about Flynn Downes like a petulant child with insults etc.

The original question was would people want FD back here. I along with one or two other posters highlighted his attitude when he didn’t get his move to Palace . My view strangely enough was the same as theirs. He behaved like a spoilt brat. But you focus on my view. So as usual along with one or two of you boyfriends on here you witch hunt my posts . You are gas-lighting and are a cyber bully. It’s people like you that no doubt abuse woman and animals, you certainly come across as a sociopath. So Mr NeedhamChris, you treat me with abuse I’ll do exactly the same back to you. Your choice mate.

Downes on 20:46 - May 19 with 658 viewsNeedhamChris

Downes on 20:41 - May 19 by ArnieM

The original question was would people want FD back here. I along with one or two other posters highlighted his attitude when he didn’t get his move to Palace . My view strangely enough was the same as theirs. He behaved like a spoilt brat. But you focus on my view. So as usual along with one or two of you boyfriends on here you witch hunt my posts . You are gas-lighting and are a cyber bully. It’s people like you that no doubt abuse woman and animals, you certainly come across as a sociopath. So Mr NeedhamChris, you treat me with abuse I’ll do exactly the same back to you. Your choice mate.

Get over yourself. I haven't focussed on your view because its yours. I've focussed on it because you're the only one debating this like Flynn Downes stood you up for prom.

"egotistical loiter prick Downes" - is what I'm arguing with. He was a young man at the beginning of a very timebound career and you're talking about him in the most disrespectful terms.

As for the rest of your post, I've got that saved now and I'd hope that you don't get to stay on this board after nonsense like that.

Downes on 20:53 - May 19 with 627 viewsArnieM

Downes on 20:46 - May 19 by NeedhamChris

Get over yourself. I haven't focussed on your view because its yours. I've focussed on it because you're the only one debating this like Flynn Downes stood you up for prom.

"egotistical loiter prick Downes" - is what I'm arguing with. He was a young man at the beginning of a very timebound career and you're talking about him in the most disrespectful terms.

As for the rest of your post, I've got that saved now and I'd hope that you don't get to stay on this board after nonsense like that.

Keep posting the way you do and it’ll be clear it’s not nonsense.

Although I have never posted it on here, I am aware of his attitude away from the football arena which was disrespectful to a work colleague . “ young” he maybe but he has attitude and I don’t care if you gods gift to a sport , you show respect to people who are in a job actually trying to help you. I’ll do no more regarding his off field disrespect , suffice to say you know nothing about him and his he spoke to someone I work with. He wasn’t very nice.

You save all the posts you like Mr NeedhamChris. Your card is most definitely marked with me. Stop bullying.

Downes on 20:57 - May 19 with 607 viewsNeedhamChris

Downes on 20:53 - May 19 by ArnieM

Keep posting the way you do and it’ll be clear it’s not nonsense.

Although I have never posted it on here, I am aware of his attitude away from the football arena which was disrespectful to a work colleague . “ young” he maybe but he has attitude and I don’t care if you gods gift to a sport , you show respect to people who are in a job actually trying to help you. I’ll do no more regarding his off field disrespect , suffice to say you know nothing about him and his he spoke to someone I work with. He wasn’t very nice.

You save all the posts you like Mr NeedhamChris. Your card is most definitely marked with me. Stop bullying.

Oh so now you've come under more intense questioning you've suddenly got some supportive evidence that he's just a bad egg?

It's not bullying to strongly disagree with you.

Downes on 21:02 - May 19 with 588 viewsArnieM

Downes on 20:57 - May 19 by NeedhamChris

Oh so now you've come under more intense questioning you've suddenly got some supportive evidence that he's just a bad egg?

It's not bullying to strongly disagree with you.

I will never divulge the nature of his behaviour away from football . But his attitude clearly isn’t just football based. Would you like the tel number of the person he behaved poorly towards? I’m sure they’d be happy to enlighten you to the event. They have absolutely no connection to football.

You and the rest of your clique are cyber bullies and you do target me. This forum is nothing like it used to be because of people like you. If anyone is an embarrassment to the fan base it’s bullies like you.

Downes on 21:35 - May 19 with 541 viewsSwansea_Blue

Downes on 21:45 - May 17 by NeedhamChris

We have some very sensitive souls in our fan base that take what happens in a cut throat industry very personally.

Real legends like Wark, Mariner and Brazil would never have left us. Def info.

Hell hath no fury like a woman (football fan) scorned, and all that.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Downes on 22:03 - May 19 with 498 viewsStewart27

Downes on 07:39 - May 18 by franz_tyson

Possibly...... but we also have quite a few who go completely bonkers over players who've been in our academy. Like it seems to raise their abilities by 20-30%. I truly doubt if Downes would get a mention if he hadn't been an academy player.
And another thing.... I agree its a cut-throat industry and I have a feeling that Downes is the type of lad who has very little sentiment about us as a club and will make his own cut-throat decision about his future where we're not part of it. And I have no problem with that. Good player, but can't see him giving two hoots about us. Don't understand this hero worship of ex-academy players..... especially as we've had in the last two years so many examples of genuine legends who've joined us from anywhere and given everything for us.

I don’t think people are thinking that Downes should come back here because he has some kind of connection with us.

I think people want him here because he is a really good player and would suit our system really well.

I couldn’t give a sh!t what he thinks of us but if he pulls on the shirt and does the business in the PL I’d be over the moon.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024