Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just a thought on the KM speculation and rumours 17:18 - May 20 with 15032 viewsblueasfook

It would be good if sooner rather than later the club would come out and confirm he's staying for next season. I don't think it will help our pre-season preparations if there is uncertainty around who will be the manager. I think it won't help either the current playing squad or any potential signings might be put off if they're not sure who our manager will be.

Next season is going to be a huge challenge and we need solid foundations to make the best of it. I appreciate that the club perhaps haven't had firm approaches for him so don't feel the need to comment but something to quell the rumours would be good. For the fans if nothing else.
[Post edited 20 May 17:20]

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

The TalkSport bloke had it... on 20:13 - May 20 with 2720 viewsLeoMuff

The TalkSport bloke had it... on 19:57 - May 20 by PhilTWTD

Hearing similar from a number of directions.

That’s it then, as clear a def info as Phil gives…..

Just popping out for some hob nobs, a may be some time, sob

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

What happens if we get relegated.....? on 20:23 - May 20 with 2646 viewsSitfcB

What happens if we get relegated.....? on 19:53 - May 20 by Bloots

....which is relatively likely according to most recent seasons.

What is his stock worth then?

Look at Kompany.

I think we have to be a bit more realistic than many ITFC fans currently are.

I don’t want to be realistic

I want McKenna to stay here for years and for us to get our third consecutive 2nd place finish next season.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Just a thought on the KM speculation and rumours on 20:27 - May 20 with 2579 viewsSwansea_Blue

Oh FFS, not you as well. I thought you were supposed to be ‘elite’. Ashton covered this in his last interview - there’ll be loads of rumours - ignore them.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Just a thought on the KM speculation and rumours on 20:30 - May 20 with 2530 viewsSwailsey

Just a thought on the KM speculation and rumours on 20:27 - May 20 by Swansea_Blue

Oh FFS, not you as well. I thought you were supposed to be ‘elite’. Ashton covered this in his last interview - there’ll be loads of rumours - ignore them.

Sadly have a read of Phil’s thoughts..

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Just a thought on the KM speculation and rumours on 20:33 - May 20 with 2472 viewsblueasfook

Just a thought on the KM speculation and rumours on 20:27 - May 20 by Swansea_Blue

I don't think Ashton will have much say in it at the end of the day. I hope they are just rumours but phil seems pretty sure Brighton at least are after him.

Just a thought on the KM speculation and rumours on 20:34 - May 20 with 2451 viewsSitfcB

Read the whole thread Swanners…

COYB

What happens if we get relegated.....? on 20:34 - May 20 with 2453 viewsblueasfook

What happens if we get relegated.....? on 20:23 - May 20 by SitfcB

I want McKenna to stay here for years and for us to get our third consecutive 2nd place finish next season.

There's room here on my pillow if you want to join me in a cry sits.

*pats the bed*

Just a thought on the KM speculation and rumours on 20:35 - May 20 with 2403 viewsSwansea_Blue

Just a thought on the KM speculation and rumours on 20:33 - May 20 by blueasfook

I don't think Ashton will have much say in it at the end of the day. I hope they are just rumours but phil seems pretty sure Brighton at least are after him.

Yeah, I suspect he won’t be able to stop KM if he’s determined to leave. It was more his comments about not worrying about every single rumour that I thought were helpful. We’ll drive ourself nuts if we fret over it.

Login to get fewer ads

Just a thought on the KM speculation and rumours on 20:36 - May 20 with 2361 viewsCaptainAhab

Well this is a thoroughly depressing post. Please delete Phil.
Just a thought on the KM speculation and rumours on 20:37 - May 20 with 2365 viewsLankHenners

Ashton can pretend otherwise as much as he likes - just because someone other than the official club channels says something doesn't mean they're wrong or spreading a rumour.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

"We've got super Robbie Edwards, he knows...." (n/t) on 20:37 - May 20 with 2317 viewsBloots

What happens if we get relegated.....? on 20:23 - May 20 by SitfcB

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Just a thought on the KM speculation and rumours on 20:38 - May 20 with 2300 viewsSwansea_Blue

Just a thought on the KM speculation and rumours on 20:30 - May 20 by Swailsey

Sadly have a read of Phil’s thoughts..

Nothing’s happened yet. He’s definitely going at some point as he’s probably the hottest young manager in England. But for now he’s still here.

What happens if we get relegated.....? on 20:38 - May 20 with 2290 viewsSitfcB

What happens if we get relegated.....? on 20:34 - May 20 by blueasfook

There's room here on my pillow if you want to join me in a cry sits.

*pats the bed*

Will you hold me?

You might struggle to get your arms around me but you can try
[Post edited 20 May 20:39]

COYB

What happens if we get relegated.....? on 20:40 - May 20 with 2251 viewsblueasfook

What happens if we get relegated.....? on 20:38 - May 20 by SitfcB

Will you hold me?

You might struggle to get your arms around me but you can try
[Post edited 20 May 20:39]

Its OK I need something cuddly right now

What happens if we get relegated.....? on 20:42 - May 20 with 2171 viewsTonytown

What happens if we get relegated.....? on 20:40 - May 20 by blueasfook

Its OK I need something cuddly right now

Rob Edwards ….
The TalkSport bloke had it... on 20:45 - May 20 with 2089 viewsBig_Jase

The TalkSport bloke had it... on 19:48 - May 20 by PhilTWTD

Does appear increasingly likely to happen.

Looks like I chose the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.
[Post edited 20 May 21:08]

Poll: Who would actually care if Norwich responded with a plane banner?

The TalkSport bloke had it... on 20:49 - May 20 with 1982 viewsWicklowBlue

IF this happens I wish him all the best. Ashton plucked him for his first managerial gig and I expect Ashton has planned for the inevitable with another replacement.

The bigger issue for me is how many of the wider team would follow. We've talked about this over the ages, does Pert follow as part of the team? If McK goes I wish him all the best but hope we smash Brighton.
That's purely because.... on 20:51 - May 20 with 1943 viewsGlasgowBlue

That's purely because.... on 19:56 - May 20 by PhilTWTD

Town appointed Mick on the recommendation of Paul Jewell!

And ignored Sir Bobby's recommendation of Alex Fergusson.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

The TalkSport bloke had it... on 20:54 - May 20 with 1833 viewsTrequartista

To Brighton? Really? Very disappointing if so.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

The TalkSport bloke had it... on 20:55 - May 20 with 1831 viewsportmanking

The TalkSport bloke had it... on 20:49 - May 20 by WicklowBlue

IF this happens I wish him all the best. Ashton plucked him for his first managerial gig and I expect Ashton has planned for the inevitable with another replacement.

The bigger issue for me is how many of the wider team would follow. We've talked about this over the ages, does Pert follow as part of the team? If McK goes I wish him all the best but hope we smash Brighton.

Pfffft. Nah, if he goes, feck him. It'll just prove there's no loyalty in the game anymore. What's the sodding point.

He and the players have worked their asses off for 24 months for this specific goal. And now he's abandoning ship before even finishing the job.

If this genuinely goes through, for me he'll be considered a top manager in our history but he'll have lost out on the chance to be considered a true legend. And for what? A team that's probably already reached the ceiling of its potential? Do me a fecking favour, Kieran.

Rant over.
Just a thought on the KM speculation and rumours on 20:55 - May 20 with 1800 viewsRedX

Brighton ffs

That would be very dissapointing. After reaching the EPL I would have expected him to give us another year at least unless a big job came in. But Brighton ffs.
Just a thought on the KM speculation and rumours on 20:59 - May 20 with 1701 viewsfarkenhell

Just a thought on the KM speculation and rumours on 20:36 - May 20 by CaptainAhab

Well this is a thoroughly depressing post. Please delete Phil.

Yes, delete Phil. He started this evening of depression!
The TalkSport bloke had it... on 21:05 - May 20 with 1557 viewsWicklowBlue

The TalkSport bloke had it... on 20:55 - May 20 by portmanking

Pfffft. Nah, if he goes, feck him. It'll just prove there's no loyalty in the game anymore. What's the sodding point.

He and the players have worked their asses off for 24 months for this specific goal. And now he's abandoning ship before even finishing the job.

If this genuinely goes through, for me he'll be considered a top manager in our history but he'll have lost out on the chance to be considered a true legend. And for what? A team that's probably already reached the ceiling of its potential? Do me a fecking favour, Kieran.

Rant over.

There never was loyalty in football since the EPL. I agree with you, but money talks and as I said hope we smash Brighton if this plays out.

Playing devil's advocate, if Kieran does depart and Potter replaces him.....could be interesting....
The TalkSport bloke had it... on 21:09 - May 20 with 1404 viewsGuthrum

The TalkSport bloke had it... on 19:57 - May 20 by PhilTWTD

Hearing similar from a number of directions.

This is revenge for that banner, isn't it!

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The TalkSport bloke had it... on 21:09 - May 20 with 1401 viewsCheltenham_Blue

The TalkSport bloke had it... on 21:05 - May 20 by WicklowBlue

There never was loyalty in football since the EPL. I agree with you, but money talks and as I said hope we smash Brighton if this plays out.

Playing devil's advocate, if Kieran does depart and Potter replaces him.....could be interesting....

It goes wider than that. Any new manager that comes in, especially the likes of Potter will probably recognise this as an over achieving squad and look to make widespread changes.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024