Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna 21:11 - May 20 with 9724 viewsSitfcB

https://www.theguardian.com/football/article/2024/may/20/brighton-pushing-to-sea
[Post edited 20 May 21:11]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 22:10 - May 20 with 2122 viewsEuropablue

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:25 - May 20 by ibbleobble

Best piece of advice and most sensible link I’ve seen hit the public domain this week:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/ipswich-town-simon-jordan-urges-kieran-mckenna

Absolutely right. McKenna made us believe that he was something special and a man of integrity and belief in his own ability and the players he has worked with for 2 years.
I won't believe it until it is officially announced.
For any normal manager, you would say that if they got us up two leagues and then left, you would take that deal. He would go down in my estimation if he did leave for Brighton.
Surely he won't be settling for Brighton if he can land the Utd. job? If he has to go it would be funny for Brighton to have him taken from their grasp.
Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 22:11 - May 20 with 2106 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:29 - May 20 by Parky

Michael Carrick. Plays similar football, from a similar background, with similar connections.

I couldn’t care less if he’s just signed a new deal, we’d have to go and get him.

YES.

Perfect fit for us. We saw a Michael Carrick team 2 years when he had his players and wasn't ravaged by injury and bad recruitment like he was last season. And it was a joy to watch.
[Post edited 20 May 22:13]

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 22:12 - May 20 with 2086 viewsIndependentlyBlue

Seems like just more paper talk, nothing any more concrete than what’s been suggested in the last few days. Still no comments from KMcK or ITFC (or Brighton).
Still don’t think he’ll go, too much integrity to jump ship now.
But if he does, a big No to Rob Edwards, but wouldn’t mind Rosenior being given the job.

Better to stay silent and be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 22:13 - May 20 with 2044 viewsFrimleyBlue

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 22:10 - May 20 by StokieBlue

You might want to try a bit harder to pretend you're not enjoying this.

SB

Yes because losing the manager who got us promoted twice. Has lose just 14 games in 2 seasons and brought the club back to what it once was. Is something to enjoy.

You could try harder not to just pick at my posts out of all the others and try to start something that's not there.

I'm fken fuming sb. Like many others for something thst hasn't even happened or might not even Be happening. But let me be me.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 22:14 - May 20 with 1997 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 22:12 - May 20 by IndependentlyBlue

Seems like just more paper talk, nothing any more concrete than what’s been suggested in the last few days. Still no comments from KMcK or ITFC (or Brighton).
Still don’t think he’ll go, too much integrity to jump ship now.
But if he does, a big No to Rob Edwards, but wouldn’t mind Rosenior being given the job.

What do you expect Mckenna to say ?

Also the last thing you want in the Prem is Roseniors football. We would get eaten alive.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 22:15 - May 20 with 1973 viewsSwailsey

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 22:13 - May 20 by FrimleyBlue

Yes because losing the manager who got us promoted twice. Has lose just 14 games in 2 seasons and brought the club back to what it once was. Is something to enjoy.

You could try harder not to just pick at my posts out of all the others and try to start something that's not there.

I'm fken fuming sb. Like many others for something thst hasn't even happened or might not even Be happening. But let me be me.

You were using gallows humour I thought. Lots of similar posts.

People respond to grief in different ways!

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 22:16 - May 20 with 1926 viewsTractorWood

Could understand him going to Chelsea or United but not Brighton. Sure they've had a good couple of years but it's just a perfect storm of good stuff. They'll be back in the championship in no time.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 22:20 - May 20 with 1831 viewsreusersfreekicks

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 22:16 - May 20 by TractorWood

Could understand him going to Chelsea or United but not Brighton. Sure they've had a good couple of years but it's just a perfect storm of good stuff. They'll be back in the championship in no time.

Man U.and Chelsea are both unstable places to work. Man U especially are a mess
Login to get fewer ads

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 22:21 - May 20 with 1817 viewsBluedandy

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 22:09 - May 20 by JammyDodgerrr

Just not true. Steinberg(and most of the football writers at the Guardian) are incredibly well informed. For them to post it and then post a follow up, means there is definitely something in it. They don't do baseless gossip.

You think Guardian journalists don't chase clicks? Oh right, just tabloid hacks.

They're under commercial pressure like journalists in every other newsroom in the UK ... you don't want to be in the firing line when the next round of redundancies descends.

Brighton are desperate to get KM (that's obvious to every football fan in the country) but where's the story's source from KM's side that the Seagulls are even close?
Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 22:21 - May 20 with 1803 viewsDarkBrandon

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 22:16 - May 20 by TractorWood

Not under him they won’t.

Also … perfect storm of good stuff?
*points at last two seasons*
[Post edited 20 May 22:23]
Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 22:23 - May 20 with 1759 viewsTractorWood

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 22:21 - May 20 by DarkBrandon

Not under him they won’t.

Also … perfect storm of good stuff?
*points at last two seasons*

Agree. He would be a great appointment for them and clearly why they want him. He'd be an absolute coup for them and to me is why KMcK would be selling himself short.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 22:24 - May 20 with 1719 viewsChris_ITFC

Whether there’s any truth in it or not, that article adds nothing.

Absolute wafer-thin content-void rehash.
Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 22:29 - May 20 with 1625 viewsVic

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 22:23 - May 20 by TractorWood

Agree. He would be a great appointment for them and clearly why they want him. He'd be an absolute coup for them and to me is why KMcK would be selling himself short.

He’d be brilliant for almost any club. But I’m struggling to get my head round the fact that we might leave us so quickly, and for a club like Brighton! Yes they are ahead of us, but 2-3 years time we could well have reversed rolls with them.

Just hope Ashton and team have foreseen this and have a plan for succession if this happens.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 22:29 - May 20 with 1601 viewsDarkBrandon

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 22:24 - May 20 by Chris_ITFC

Whether there’s any truth in it or not, that article adds nothing.

Absolute wafer-thin content-void rehash.

That’s not true at all. I think the first Brighton interest was reported by Steinberg in the Guardian. He’s clearly got contacts, either in Brighton or one of the agents working on the deal.

This is clearly pretty advanced. Will he go? Who knows. But it seems certain the job is his if he wants it
Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 22:47 - May 20 with 1383 viewsBluedandy

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 22:29 - May 20 by DarkBrandon

That’s not true at all. I think the first Brighton interest was reported by Steinberg in the Guardian. He’s clearly got contacts, either in Brighton or one of the agents working on the deal.

This is clearly pretty advanced. Will he go? Who knows. But it seems certain the job is his if he wants it

If hypothetically you were a journalist with privileged access to the Brighton board what would you write to keep that relationship sweet?
Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 23:01 - May 20 with 1253 viewsEuropablue

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 22:03 - May 20 by noggin

Yep, I would lose all respect for McKenna if he goes now. I honestly don't think he will....
[Post edited 20 May 22:10]

Exactly, KM has proven himself to be special and he has proven that if there is belief and everyone is pulling in the right direction special things can happen. He only has his special aura as long as he stays with us (I still believe that he will). If he moves on, it will be difficult for him to build anything stable at Brighton. They are clearly just a stepping stone club, which has helped them grow and build something special each time they replace the manager. If Man Utd. came in for him he could go with our blessing, but he would tarnish his legacy if he moved on to Brighton.
Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 23:12 - May 20 with 1146 viewsChris_ITFC

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 22:29 - May 20 by DarkBrandon

The Guardian reported McKenna was Brighton’s man already… 3 weeks ago, let alone days ago.
https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2024/may/01/brighton-ipswich-kieran-mckenna

I’ve no doubt they’re right.

But this article simply repeats that, reports basically nothing on McKenna’s view, outside of weighing up blatantly obvious pros and cons, and says Ipswich will fight to keep him (again, no journalism done or required there!).

The story? Sure. The article? Chip paper.
Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 23:16 - May 20 with 1111 viewsTrequartista

We don't want Relegated Rob, we want Super Kieran McKenna. Get him a bumper deal Ashton.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 23:25 - May 20 with 1033 viewsIndependentlyBlue

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 22:14 - May 20 by TRUE_BLUE123

What do you expect Mckenna to say ?

Also the last thing you want in the Prem is Roseniors football. We would get eaten alive.

Sorry, didn’t put that well. Meant that the fact that McKenna, ITFC and Brighton had said nothing was quite telling. Nothing other than journalists writing stories that may or may not have any legs.

Better to stay silent and be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 23:44 - May 20 with 937 viewsBluedanW

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:27 - May 20 by FrimleyBlue

Thank you.

Mine is potter then moyes.

Rob Edwards certainly doesn't fill me with confidence. Reading the Brighton forums none of them want Potter back, his sideways football is commented on. So completely the opposite to the football we currently play, so also a no for me.sorry we will not be able to replace Mckenna for a mere £6M buy out. I feel we are doomed if he leaves. Its taken 2 weeks to fall into depression after a great season and promotion.
Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 23:59 - May 20 with 863 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 23:44 - May 20 by BluedanW

Rob Edwards certainly doesn't fill me with confidence. Reading the Brighton forums none of them want Potter back, his sideways football is commented on. So completely the opposite to the football we currently play, so also a no for me.sorry we will not be able to replace Mckenna for a mere £6M buy out. I feel we are doomed if he leaves. Its taken 2 weeks to fall into depression after a great season and promotion.

You wouldn't take Graham potter at Ipswich......

Jesus.

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 00:22 - May 21 with 766 viewspointofblue

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 22:11 - May 20 by TRUE_BLUE123

YES.

Perfect fit for us. We saw a Michael Carrick team 2 years when he had his players and wasn't ravaged by injury and bad recruitment like he was last season. And it was a joy to watch.
[Post edited 20 May 22:13]

And the first person Carrick would probably contact to sound them out about the club would be… McKenna.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 00:46 - May 21 with 699 viewsRyorry

Why the hell is anyone whatsoever taking any notice of this?

"It is understood that certain obstacles have to be overcome if McKenna is to join Brighton".

Yeah, like maybe he has no intention whatsoever of leaving a project that's going brilliantly just to move sideways.

Silly season started early.

I've just re-subscribed to the Guardian @ £95 for 12 months btw - believe me, they're just as desperate for cash as any other paper. Won't believe any goss they write about us unless it's endorsed by Something.

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 00:52 - May 21 with 668 viewsitfctilidie

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 23:01 - May 20 by Europablue

Exactly, KM has proven himself to be special and he has proven that if there is belief and everyone is pulling in the right direction special things can happen. He only has his special aura as long as he stays with us (I still believe that he will). If he moves on, it will be difficult for him to build anything stable at Brighton. They are clearly just a stepping stone club, which has helped them grow and build something special each time they replace the manager. If Man Utd. came in for him he could go with our blessing, but he would tarnish his legacy if he moved on to Brighton.

McKenna hasnt achieved anything more than Lambert, Atkins or Wilder at this point in time
Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 01:01 - May 21 with 641 viewsEuropablue

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 23:44 - May 20 by BluedanW

If he does leave then the new target would be only to stay up, so we could hire Moyes or someone like that for 2 seasons to establish ourselves in the Prem, or you never know, maybe Ashton has the next McKenna up his sleeve.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024