Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trying to make this a bit less depressing 23:09 - May 20 with 1132 viewsBondiBlue

Here's a list of unemployed football managers.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/trainer/verfuegbaretrainer/statistik

What's going on with potter? Is he still on an enormous contract with chelsea that we'd have to settle?

Poll: Which would you accept?

Trying to make this a bit less depressing on 23:11 - May 20 with 1083 viewstextbackup

I thought if a manager gets a new job they then just stop getting that pay from previous club?

Guess it comes down to if they want to work again, or earn money for doing nothing.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Trying to make this a bit less depressing on 23:15 - May 20 with 1020 viewsMookamoo

Don't we already have a manager?

Thought we were still paying Lambert. Bung him in.
Trying to make this a bit less depressing on 23:41 - May 20 with 885 viewsBondiBlue

Trying to make this a bit less depressing on 23:11 - May 20 by textbackup

I thought if a manager gets a new job they then just stop getting that pay from previous club?

Guess it comes down to if they want to work again, or earn money for doing nothing.

Then we'd need to match his wage. Doubt that's happening.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Trying to make this a bit less depressing on 23:45 - May 20 with 869 viewsBluedanW

Brighton fans don't want Potter back as they don't rate his sideways football. Hardly what we want after 2 years of exciting football.
Trying to make this a bit less depressing on 00:43 - May 21 with 761 viewsgainsboroughblue

Steve Lomas available since 2013.

That is quite the stint on the sidelines.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Trying to make this a bit less depressing on 01:41 - May 21 with 709 viewsAmerican_ITFC

Tbh none of those names fill me with any kind of enthusiasm. If McKenna goes, I would love for us to go after some managers people might not know much about, but I think would do a great job here. For example:

Arrasate currently at Osasuna
Hoeness who just take Stuttgart to the UCL
Knutsen who has worked wonders at BODO/Glimt

Sorry, but someone like Graham Potter and Rob Edwards is just boring and predictable.

I need a beer

Trying to make this a bit less depressing on 09:18 - May 21 with 499 viewsHermann_eats_puffin

I really don’t want to envisage a point at which McKenna is no longer Town manager because if I had my way he’d be manager for the next decade and more.

But if we had to succession plan and contemplate Town post McKenna then one for my shortlist would definitely be Will Still.

When reading this:-

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/opinion/will-stills-managerial-style-is-bluepr

Quoting from it the following is said about his teams style of play:-

“Perhaps the most important facet of Still’s approach to the game is the high press. Reims are one of the most intense teams to play against in Ligue 1 right now, with Still’s demands requiring supreme fitness to keep the game in their opponents’ half for 90 minutes.

Ultimately, it’s all about pulling defences apart and creating wide overloads. The relationship between winger and fullback needs to be on-point, but Reims have shown an explosiveness on numerous occasions to expose full backs and get in behind teams.

Where Still’s approach differs somewhat to Kompany’s style of play is possession. It’s rare to see Reims dominate the ball for 90 minutes, instead preferring to show ingenuity on the counterattack. They’re not afraid to mix it up either, with a nice balance between tiki-taka and direct passes to keep the opposition guessing, as well as a variety of corner routines which they continue to exploit well.

In terms of formations, Still has maintained a pretty consistent 4-2-3-1 for his Reims team. When they do look to play progressively through the thirds, this becomes a 4-1-2-3, as the inside forwards move forward to support the lone striker and the single anchor has two options in advance of him with two mezzala-style midfielders who look to attack the spaces left by the inside forwards.”
Trying to make this a bit less depressing on 11:01 - May 21 with 404 viewskiwiblue

Trying to make this a bit less depressing on 09:18 - May 21 by Hermann_eats_puffin

I really don’t want to envisage a point at which McKenna is no longer Town manager because if I had my way he’d be manager for the next decade and more.

But if we had to succession plan and contemplate Town post McKenna then one for my shortlist would definitely be Will Still.

When reading this:-

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/opinion/will-stills-managerial-style-is-bluepr

Quoting from it the following is said about his teams style of play:-

“Perhaps the most important facet of Still’s approach to the game is the high press. Reims are one of the most intense teams to play against in Ligue 1 right now, with Still’s demands requiring supreme fitness to keep the game in their opponents’ half for 90 minutes.

Ultimately, it’s all about pulling defences apart and creating wide overloads. The relationship between winger and fullback needs to be on-point, but Reims have shown an explosiveness on numerous occasions to expose full backs and get in behind teams.

Where Still’s approach differs somewhat to Kompany’s style of play is possession. It’s rare to see Reims dominate the ball for 90 minutes, instead preferring to show ingenuity on the counterattack. They’re not afraid to mix it up either, with a nice balance between tiki-taka and direct passes to keep the opposition guessing, as well as a variety of corner routines which they continue to exploit well.

In terms of formations, Still has maintained a pretty consistent 4-2-3-1 for his Reims team. When they do look to play progressively through the thirds, this becomes a 4-1-2-3, as the inside forwards move forward to support the lone striker and the single anchor has two options in advance of him with two mezzala-style midfielders who look to attack the spaces left by the inside forwards.”

Its a very long list with a lot of old men on it. Hope we are radical
Login to get fewer ads

Trying to make this a bit less depressing on 11:18 - May 21 with 300 viewsSharkey

Trying to make this a bit less depressing on 01:41 - May 21 by American_ITFC

Tbh none of those names fill me with any kind of enthusiasm. If McKenna goes, I would love for us to go after some managers people might not know much about, but I think would do a great job here. For example:

Arrasate currently at Osasuna
Hoeness who just take Stuttgart to the UCL
Knutsen who has worked wonders at BODO/Glimt

Sorry, but someone like Graham Potter and Rob Edwards is just boring and predictable.

I read somewhere respectable /the Athletic maybe) that the Malmö coach (Rydström?) is a very interesting coach, tactically. Probably a bit too adventurous at this stage.

One thing's for sure: if Palace were interested in McKenna at some point, they won't be the slightest bit regretful at the moment that they didn't get him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024