Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Irrespective of McKenna stopping here 08:45 - May 21 with 946 viewsCheltenham_Blue

and Brighton going for someone else, this will continue all summer. Brighton go for x manager from y team, McKenna linked with the vacant job at y team. Tuchel moves to Bayern, McKenna linked with the vacancy at Brentford. Man United sack EVT McKenna installed as favourite for the job, Man United appoint Poch, McKenna linked with vacancy at Chelsea. Ange quits at Spurs...........

And so on, and so on. Town will be battling to keep him all season, which could affect our recruitment, the question is whether or not KMc thinks he can do something at this club, if 'the project' can continue.

If yes, in my opinion, he stays, if he thinks the odds are this will be a season of massive struggle, maybe he goes. The other factor of course is player power. If anyone thinks the squad aren't messaging him and talking to him right now, then I think you're being a little naive.

End of the day, I think he'll be here August 17th/18th

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Irrespective of McKenna stopping here on 08:49 - May 21 with 896 viewsblueislander

I don’t think that is right. If he comes out and says that he is staying, that will be it. At the moment it would appear that he is still assessing his options,
Irrespective of McKenna stopping here on 08:50 - May 21 with 863 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Irrespective of McKenna stopping here on 08:49 - May 21 by blueislander

I don’t think that is right. If he comes out and says that he is staying, that will be it. At the moment it would appear that he is still assessing his options,

You think if he says he's going nowhere in late May then he won't be strongly linked with the Man U job in late June?

OK.

Irrespective of McKenna stopping here on 08:52 - May 21 with 841 viewsbaxterbasics

Surely McKenna is now finally on a beach somewhere (I note a fan spotted him at Stansted a couple of days ago).

He's got his phone switched off and is drinking pina coladas with his missus while the kids play in the sand.

Meanwhile various clubs are sounding out his agent about 'possibilities' while they consider their own options, these contacts are leaking in the press, we are all being driven to insanity by the speculation.

But the man himself is unfazed, unaware, chillaxing. When he gets back from his hols he will put it to bed and us out of our misery by making it clear he's going nowhere.

All will be well.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Irrespective of McKenna stopping here on 08:53 - May 21 with 830 viewsblueislander

Irrespective of McKenna stopping here on 08:50 - May 21 by Cheltenham_Blue

You think if he says he's going nowhere in late May then he won't be strongly linked with the Man U job in late June?

OK.

Exactly that. If he says he is staying I believe he has the integrity to stick with that , despite more inevitable speculation.
Irrespective of McKenna stopping here on 08:59 - May 21 with 797 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Irrespective of McKenna stopping here on 08:53 - May 21 by blueislander

Exactly that. If he says he is staying I believe he has the integrity to stick with that , despite more inevitable speculation.

You're missing the point. The media will still link him, chairmen will still be trying to convince him otherwise. If he says no to Brighton, but then a Champions League club is available and heavily linked, do you really think this board will be perfectly calm, "its ok, he said he was going nowhere", or do you think we'll see more of the same.

People can't see what he achieves going to Brighton, but we're still all in mass panic, if Chelsea or Man U came in we'd be resigned to losing him, and no-one would blame him.

Don't forget, all this, on here, is the result of media talk.

Irrespective of McKenna stopping here on 09:01 - May 21 with 783 viewsGuthrum

Irrespective of McKenna stopping here on 08:49 - May 21 by blueislander

Or that he does not yet have any options to consider. McKenna can't turn down jobs he hasn't actually been offered yet.

We cannot expect him to respond to every news story and rumour. That wouldn't be dignified. He didn't with Palace (whom he allegedly turned down)

The default position is that he's staying at Ipswich until summer 2027.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Irrespective of McKenna stopping here on 09:08 - May 21 with 731 viewsFunge

Irrespective of McKenna stopping here on 08:50 - May 21 by Cheltenham_Blue

OK.

Your relentless passive-aggression on this site is impressive.
Irrespective of McKenna stopping here on 09:21 - May 21 with 667 viewsblueislander

Irrespective of McKenna stopping here on 08:59 - May 21 by Cheltenham_Blue

You're missing the point. The media will still link him, chairmen will still be trying to convince him otherwise. If he says no to Brighton, but then a Champions League club is available and heavily linked, do you really think this board will be perfectly calm, "its ok, he said he was going nowhere", or do you think we'll see more of the same.

People can't see what he achieves going to Brighton, but we're still all in mass panic, if Chelsea or Man U came in we'd be resigned to losing him, and no-one would blame him.

Don't forget, all this, on here, is the result of media talk.

No. You are missing my point. I am not saying the speculation will end if he does clearly state he is staying at Ipswich, but, I do think if he does state that he will stand by that decision.
Login to get fewer ads

Irrespective of McKenna stopping here on 09:27 - May 21 with 637 viewsTrumptonBlue

Irrespective of McKenna stopping here on 08:52 - May 21 by baxterbasics

Surely McKenna is now finally on a beach somewhere (I note a fan spotted him at Stansted a couple of days ago).

He's got his phone switched off and is drinking pina coladas with his missus while the kids play in the sand.

Meanwhile various clubs are sounding out his agent about 'possibilities' while they consider their own options, these contacts are leaking in the press, we are all being driven to insanity by the speculation.

But the man himself is unfazed, unaware, chillaxing. When he gets back from his hols he will put it to bed and us out of our misery by making it clear he's going nowhere.

All will be well.

Phi's story says he's expected at the LMA Awards tonight, so I presume it must have been a weekend break. Unless the awards are in Lanzarote, or something.
Irrespective of McKenna stopping here on 09:38 - May 21 with 596 viewsblueislander

Irrespective of McKenna stopping here on 09:27 - May 21 by TrumptonBlue

Phi's story says he's expected at the LMA Awards tonight, so I presume it must have been a weekend break. Unless the awards are in Lanzarote, or something.

Didn’t he go home to Ireland?
Irrespective of McKenna stopping here on 10:01 - May 21 with 506 viewsbaxterbasics

Irrespective of McKenna stopping here on 09:38 - May 21 by blueislander

Didn’t he go home to Ireland?

Ireland has beaches too so I stand by my assertion

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024