Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Salad Cream 13:39 - May 21 with 2917 viewsChurchman

What is the view on the above? I had some on the tomato and cucumber salad-ette with cold chicken, sausage and backed potato. Compared to the peppercorn and lemon mayo, I preferred it.

Two slices of decent white bread (not that brown rubbish with trill in it), strongest, good quality cheddar, a lettuce leaf (it’s only there for colour and conscience) and a thin layer of salad cream and you’ve a poem of a sandwich. If you want to up it a bit, thin slices of cucumber add crunch.

There you have it. Todays food advice.
[Post edited 21 May 14:59]
Salad Cream on 18:46 - May 21 with 570 viewsfooters

Salad Cream on 18:37 - May 21 by Eireannach_gorm

Willfully misquoted me there. To put the record straight I said Mayonnaise OR oil and vinegar. I can see this thread turning ugly.

You appear to be kicking with both feet on the Salad Cream issue, give us your true thoughts on this vital matter.

Would I ever do such a thing in defence of salad cream?

You should enjoy salad cream. As should everyone. Mayo too and tartare sauce.

Ranch sauce? I've no idea. I'll leave it to our American cousins.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Salad Cream on 18:47 - May 21 with 567 viewsHerbivore

Used to eat it loads as a kid, then as an adult I discovered mayonnaise and now I genuinely don't understand why salad cream still exists. It's like badly made mayonnaise that someone has spilled a bottle of white vinegar into.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Salad Cream on 18:50 - May 21 with 544 viewsnodge_blue

Salad Cream on 18:47 - May 21 by Herbivore

Used to eat it loads as a kid, then as an adult I discovered mayonnaise and now I genuinely don't understand why salad cream still exists. It's like badly made mayonnaise that someone has spilled a bottle of white vinegar into.

Mayonnaise with flavour I think is what you are describing Herbie!

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Salad Cream on 19:00 - May 21 with 526 viewsHerbivore

Salad Cream on 18:50 - May 21 by nodge_blue

Mayonnaise with flavour I think is what you are describing Herbie!

Pissing in water would give it flavour, mate, I wouldn't want to drink it though.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Salad Cream on 19:15 - May 21 with 505 viewsChurchman

Salad Cream on 18:47 - May 21 by Herbivore

Philistine!!!

Mayonnaise always reminds me of the contents of a ready to burst boil.

The good old Salad cream in current form has been going in this country since 1914. Mayonnaise came to this country in the 15c when a useless chef messed up making custard. Who wants to eat that bin fodder?

Waka Waka Salad Cream……. There’s even a song about it!
Salad Cream on 19:17 - May 21 with 497 viewsJ2BLUE

Salad Cream on 15:29 - May 21 by Churchman

But are they?…….

Did you know that the nation’s saviour (it was popular in wartime to cheer up bland war time food) costs only £17.49 a bottle if you buy the 2.15 litre one?

You know it makes sense.
[Post edited 21 May 15:29]

"This is really bland!"

"Cheer up, at least you don't have to put this sh1t on it"

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Salad Cream on 19:19 - May 21 with 479 viewshoppy

Salad Cream on 18:41 - May 21 by FBI

There was an ad on TV in the 80s: Want to liven up a salad? Toss in some Edam...

I'm now banned from Sainsbury's deli counter...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Salad Cream on 19:26 - May 21 with 465 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Salad Cream on 13:48 - May 21 by footers

The best. On chips.

I'm with you on that, Footers. My particular penchant is too have both salad cream and ketchup with fish fingers, chips and peas. Chips can be dipped in either/or/both and then it can be used as a kind of glue to pick up a few peas. Fish fingers are really good with salad cream, as they are with ketchup, and for a fish finger sandwich I would have the bottom slice with butter and salad cream and the top slice with ketchup.

Yum!
Login to get fewer ads

Salad Cream on 19:34 - May 21 with 447 viewsChurchman

Salad Cream on 19:26 - May 21 by ArnoldMoorhen

I'm with you on that, Footers. My particular penchant is too have both salad cream and ketchup with fish fingers, chips and peas. Chips can be dipped in either/or/both and then it can be used as a kind of glue to pick up a few peas. Fish fingers are really good with salad cream, as they are with ketchup, and for a fish finger sandwich I would have the bottom slice with butter and salad cream and the top slice with ketchup.

Yum!

Wow! That’s style to be admired.

Scratch the peas. Awful tasting things. However, the fish finger sandwich is a wondrous thing. Not tried the total ketchup SC combo but it sounds good. Crumb coated FFs are better than batter. Better for soakage of butter and sauce of choice.
Salad Cream on 19:51 - May 21 with 433 viewsMattinLondon

Salad Cream on 19:34 - May 21 by Churchman

Wow! That’s style to be admired.

Scratch the peas. Awful tasting things. However, the fish finger sandwich is a wondrous thing. Not tried the total ketchup SC combo but it sounds good. Crumb coated FFs are better than batter. Better for soakage of butter and sauce of choice.

It’s like putting lipstick on a pig - it’s still a pig.

Salad cream cannot be improved, it’s simply just vile. Mayonnaise is by far the superior condiment.
Salad Cream on 20:02 - May 21 with 422 viewsChurchman

Salad Cream on 19:51 - May 21 by MattinLondon

It’s like putting lipstick on a pig - it’s still a pig.

Salad cream cannot be improved, it’s simply just vile. Mayonnaise is by far the superior condiment.

It doesn’t need to be improved. It’s just right as it is. 110 years says so.

It is all a question of taste, broadening the mind and not being swayed by exotic names. If Mayonnaise was titled ‘tasteless slurry’, you wouldn’t touch it.
Salad Cream on 20:17 - May 21 with 406 viewsMattinLondon

Salad Cream on 20:02 - May 21 by Churchman

It doesn’t need to be improved. It’s just right as it is. 110 years says so.

It is all a question of taste, broadening the mind and not being swayed by exotic names. If Mayonnaise was titled ‘tasteless slurry’, you wouldn’t touch it.

I go no where near slurry - hence why salad cream stays well away from me.
Salad Cream on 20:20 - May 21 with 407 viewsTVRBlue

1. Take one free range egg and hard boil it. Remove from water, let it cool, and place in fridge.

2. When you are ready to make your sandwich, slice two rounds of freshly baked soft white bread, and then butter each slice.

3. Remove shell and place the egg in a small bowl and chop it up. Once broken down in to smaller pieces add salad cream and slightly "mush" the egg and salad cream together with the back of a fork.

4. Place the egg and salad cream mixture on to one of the slices of bread using the fork and then sprinkle cress on to it.

5. Place the other slice of bread on to the one with the egg and cress topping and enjoy.

You're welcome.
Salad Cream on 20:26 - May 21 with 395 viewsstonojnr

Salad Cream on 13:48 - May 21 by footers

The best. On chips.

even better with bacon
Salad Cream on 21:26 - May 21 with 362 viewsSwansea_Blue

Salad Cream on 19:00 - May 21 by Herbivore

Pissing in water would give it flavour, mate, I wouldn't want to drink it though.

You don’t know what you’re missing

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Salad Cream on 10:36 - May 22 with 266 viewsJ2BLUE

Salad Cream on 19:00 - May 21 by Herbivore

Of course you wouldn't, it wouldn't be vegan.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024