Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I just heard something funny 18:53 - Jan 5 with 3845 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

And I had to repeat it.

A Lincoln fan talking about the game Saturday and there following said that in 2016, it's believed that only Newcastle outside of the Premier league take more fans per game than Lincoln in the country.

The second biggest away support outside of the premier league. LOL. Genuine lol.

I just couldn't help but repeat it on here

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

I just heard something funny on 18:58 - Jan 5 with 3227 viewsReuser_is_God

'Genuine LOL'

Oh dear.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

I just heard something funny on 19:07 - Jan 5 with 3172 viewsHarryfromBath

I read that on their forum as well this afternoon Rommy. Apparently it was mentioned on one of their local radio stations. To be fair, one other Imp mentioned that Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday might just be ahead of them on the travelling fans question.

That's a fair pile of assumptions you've jumped to there.....
Poll: Who Do You Think Will Win The Championship Play-offs?
Blog: How Mick McCarthy Accelerated His Own Departure

I just heard something funny on 19:11 - Jan 5 with 3110 viewsStadiumofdark

I think they genuinely have a large proportion of average home attendance that travel away.

I.e. Out of 3,500 at home games, they average 600 away..... I think that's the stat, that they've got tangled up in.
I just heard something funny on 19:11 - Jan 5 with 3109 viewsJ2BLUE

their*

Pro tip RommersL Learn the difference between there, their and they're. It will serve you well for the time invested.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I just heard something funny on 19:13 - Jan 5 with 3073 viewsTractorWood

I just heard something funny on 19:11 - Jan 5 by Stadiumofdark

I think they genuinely have a large proportion of average home attendance that travel away.

I.e. Out of 3,500 at home games, they average 600 away..... I think that's the stat, that they've got tangled up in.

You can prove anything with statistics, 65% of people know that.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

I just heard something funny on 19:14 - Jan 5 with 3040 viewsStadiumofdark

I just heard something funny on 19:13 - Jan 5 by TractorWood

You can prove anything with statistics, 65% of people know that.

Don't go there... it'll be Brexit all over again
I just heard something funny on 19:15 - Jan 5 with 3030 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I just heard something funny on 19:11 - Jan 5 by Stadiumofdark

That's more realistic

But the claim was on actual numbers they were ahead other than Newcastle who they said average 4900 on the road

I just heard something funny on 19:17 - Jan 5 with 3012 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I just heard something funny on 19:11 - Jan 5 by J2BLUE

their*

Pro tip RommersL Learn the difference between there, their and they're. It will serve you well for the time invested.

Oh yeah

My bad

Although i usually get it correct and did get a B in both English literature and English language

Login to get fewer ads

I just heard something funny on 19:19 - Jan 5 with 2966 viewsJ2BLUE

I just heard something funny on 19:17 - Jan 5 by The_Romford_Blue

Oh yeah

My bad

Although i usually get it correct and did get a B in both English literature and English language

Fair enough, I did think I don't remember you getting it wrong regularly.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I just heard something funny on 19:21 - Jan 5 with 2949 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I just heard something funny on 19:19 - Jan 5 by J2BLUE

It may even have been a typo that auto spell changed to 'there' instead of 'their' but I can't remember either way

I just heard something funny on 19:25 - Jan 5 with 2897 viewsjas0999

I just heard something funny on 19:21 - Jan 5 by The_Romford_Blue

It may even have been a typo that auto spell changed to 'there' instead of 'their' but I can't remember either way

No harm done I think.

Any news on Uni?
I just heard something funny on 19:35 - Jan 5 with 2840 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I just heard something funny on 19:25 - Jan 5 by jas0999

No harm done I think.

Any news on Uni?

Not applied yet. Still not a clue what course to do - probably sports journalism.

I've basically missed the deadline already for September unless I go through clearing which means I'd have until June to apply.

Obviously if I was to get a beneficial job for an intended career, I'd probably stay in that. I just want some sort of opening into journalism or sports coaching. If it means uni, I'll go for it despite spending the last three years convinced it's not for me.

I didn't like the idea of spending 3 years doing one single subject. I struggled enough at college doing three subjects as I got bored. In fact I ended up not attending law for the last 3 months of the year prior to my exam. Which of course I can't do if i was to go to uni.

Still thinking tbh at the moment. Lots to think about.

I just heard something funny on 19:43 - Jan 5 with 2772 viewsHillimp

I just heard something funny on 19:35 - Jan 5 by The_Romford_Blue

Not applied yet. Still not a clue what course to do - probably sports journalism.

I've basically missed the deadline already for September unless I go through clearing which means I'd have until June to apply.

Obviously if I was to get a beneficial job for an intended career, I'd probably stay in that. I just want some sort of opening into journalism or sports coaching. If it means uni, I'll go for it despite spending the last three years convinced it's not for me.

I didn't like the idea of spending 3 years doing one single subject. I struggled enough at college doing three subjects as I got bored. In fact I ended up not attending law for the last 3 months of the year prior to my exam. Which of course I can't do if i was to go to uni.

Interestingly enough the away fans claim was a misquote from an over enthusiastic Sports Reporter ( Sportin' Hortin) and was not taken seriously by most Imps fans. Like most reporters in the profession you aspire to he gets it wrong sometimes but is very enthusiastic about his team and a thoroughly nice bloke as well. Good luck in your chosen career!!
I just heard something funny on 19:44 - Jan 5 with 2770 viewsTrequartista

Oh yeah

My bad

Bad isn't a noun either.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

I just heard something funny on 19:47 - Jan 5 with 2731 viewscaught-in-limbo

I just heard something funny on 19:19 - Jan 5 by J2BLUE

It's a bit rich you picking him up on his spelling when you write sentences like:

"Fair enough, I did think I don't remember you getting it wrong regularly."

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

I just heard something funny on 19:50 - Jan 5 with 2699 viewsReuser_is_God

Last time you said about doing sports journalism you concluded that it didn't appeal to you because it meant not watching Town on a Saturday & you weeent prepeard tongive that up.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

I just heard something funny on 20:02 - Jan 5 with 2619 viewsblueislander

I just heard something funny on 19:07 - Jan 5 by HarryfromBath

I read that on their forum as well this afternoon Rommy. Apparently it was mentioned on one of their local radio stations. To be fair, one other Imp mentioned that Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday might just be ahead of them on the travelling fans question.

I would have thought that Villa and Brighton run them close.
I just heard something funny on 20:07 - Jan 5 with 2587 viewsjas0999

Fair enough. Journalism seems like a good career and if you are interested, I'd say go for it. Appreciate it's unpaid, but have you looked into working for newspaper etc in a sort of shadowing role? Would look good on your CV. Give you an insight. Apologies if this has been discussed before!
I just heard something funny on 20:14 - Jan 5 with 2516 viewsPJH

I just heard something funny on 19:15 - Jan 5 by The_Romford_Blue

That's more realistic

But the claim was on actual numbers they were ahead other than Newcastle who they said average 4900 on the road

For most grounds below the Prem there would be a limit to how many away supporters would be allowed anyway.
I would think that Newcastle,Leeds and Sheff W mostly sell out whatever allocation they get at a particular ground and would frequently take a lot more if they could.
I just heard something funny on 20:40 - Jan 5 with 2388 viewsstrikalite

Too much like hard work Rommy....be a bookmaker! :)

Easy pickings taking money off idiots like me!
I just heard something funny on 20:57 - Jan 5 with 2260 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I just heard something funny on 19:50 - Jan 5 by Reuser_is_God

Last time you said about doing sports journalism you concluded that it didn't appeal to you because it meant not watching Town on a Saturday & you weeent prepeard tongive that up.

That's one of the things I've got to think about I guess

Perhaps sports coaching?

I really don't know ATM

I just heard something funny on 20:58 - Jan 5 with 2250 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I just heard something funny on 20:07 - Jan 5 by jas0999

Fair enough. Journalism seems like a good career and if you are interested, I'd say go for it. Appreciate it's unpaid, but have you looked into working for newspaper etc in a sort of shadowing role? Would look good on your CV. Give you an insight. Apologies if this has been discussed before!

Yeah I'd looked into doing that a while back

Will have a think over the coming weeks

Cheers bud

I just heard something funny on 01:15 - Jan 6 with 1795 viewsGuthrum

Hmm.

Eight of the twelve away National League games on the club website's fixture list for this season so far have reports giving the number of travelling fans (Torquay, Tranmere, Forest Green and York are missing).

The average is 373.25 (which, to be fair, is about 10% of their average home gate). The Boxing Day fixture against Guiseley was well over twice the next highest (Chester 413), at 948. The lowest was at Wrexham, on a Tuesday night, when they took just 137. Generally, the range is around three to four hundred.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I just heard something funny on 01:44 - Jan 6 with 1761 viewsHARRY10

Oh yeah

My bad

your bad what ?

(it might help to finish sentences if you are to be a journalist)
I just heard something funny on 01:54 - Jan 6 with 1744 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I just heard something funny on 01:44 - Jan 6 by HARRY10

your bad what ?

(it might help to finish sentences if you are to be a journalist)

It means 'my mistake'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024