Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Walked out of the house this morning 10:13 - Jan 18 with 1107 viewsBobbychase

First thing I heard was the builders working on next door's extension talking about our match. In South Bristol some 220 miles from Portman Road. This is what happens when you get embarrassed on national TV.

I think the fact it was on terrestrial TV explains the fact that the reaction to the defeat was far stronger than the reaction to the Blackburn win, which only 15,000 or so of us saw. The sky hasn't fallen in, we were just abject last night and the club needs to wake up and decide what the current direction is. No more £10k signings this window please, let's actually spend some proper money.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Walked out of the house this morning on 10:19 - Jan 18 with 1037 viewsSWGF

We were abject in the first leg as well, which we should have learnt from (and indeed were told we would perform much better with the "lieutenants" back in the team).

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Walked out of the house this morning on 10:28 - Jan 18 with 963 viewsADR

Hello Bobby my dear friend - my plasterer was saying what an embarrassment Ipswich are and I live in Falmouth. The whole nation has now forgotten that we were once a great team and great club. We are neither of those things now. It is very sad and boring. As you know I drove to Suffolk from Falmouth last weekend for the first time in two years and didn't go to the game - which is what I am sure an awful lot of fans do now (not the long distance travel bit, the lack of attendance bit). Sad times. Let's hope we see some fundamental change once (if) we are safe from relegation.
Walked out of the house this morning on 11:32 - Jan 18 with 780 viewsBobbychase

Walked out of the house this morning on 10:28 - Jan 18 by ADR

Hello Bobby my dear friend - my plasterer was saying what an embarrassment Ipswich are and I live in Falmouth. The whole nation has now forgotten that we were once a great team and great club. We are neither of those things now. It is very sad and boring. As you know I drove to Suffolk from Falmouth last weekend for the first time in two years and didn't go to the game - which is what I am sure an awful lot of fans do now (not the long distance travel bit, the lack of attendance bit). Sad times. Let's hope we see some fundamental change once (if) we are safe from relegation.

Ironically you would have quite enjoyed the Blackburn match! How odd that such a positive display could be followed by such an abject one.

Although Douglas and Best help explain it a bit.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024