Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can't see Barnsley selling us Watkins this window 12:07 - Jan 18 with 671 viewsElderGrizzly

Looks like Barnsley could sell almost half their starting XI in a week

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jan/18/burnley-marc-roberts-barnsley-m
Can't see Barnsley selling us Watkins this window on 12:08 - Jan 18 with 645 viewstaximan

#becarefulwhatyouwishfor ????????????????????
Can't see Barnsley selling us Watkins this window on 12:08 - Jan 18 with 645 viewsKieran_Knows

Don't see why not? If everyone else is leaving around him, why would he want to stay? Not that were an attractive proposition at the moment! But I presume we could him pay than what Barnsley do.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Can't see Barnsley selling us Watkins this window on 12:11 - Jan 18 with 616 viewsElderGrizzly

Can't see Barnsley selling us Watkins this window on 12:08 - Jan 18 by Kieran_Knows

Don't see why not? If everyone else is leaving around him, why would he want to stay? Not that were an attractive proposition at the moment! But I presume we could him pay than what Barnsley do.

More how much of a mutiny they'll have on their hands. He may want to leave, but can they afford to let him now if all the other moves go through?

Could go into free fall, especially with their CEO resigning last week
Can't see Barnsley selling us Watkins this window on 12:11 - Jan 18 with 620 viewsitfcjoe

And people think relegation would be a good thing for us - this is what happens even if you get back up

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Can't see Barnsley selling us Watkins this window on 12:13 - Jan 18 with 592 viewsKieran_Knows

Can't see Barnsley selling us Watkins this window on 12:11 - Jan 18 by ElderGrizzly

More how much of a mutiny they'll have on their hands. He may want to leave, but can they afford to let him now if all the other moves go through?

Could go into free fall, especially with their CEO resigning last week

I can't understand why they let so many contracts run down though? Surely after our bid last summer, you'd be offering him a new deal straight away? Totally agree with what you saying, however player power and all that these days, they might not have a choice.

You would presume they have plans in place for selling players. Yeah I saw that, that didn't go down well!

Can't see Barnsley selling us Watkins this window on 12:17 - Jan 18 with 572 viewsIllinoisblue

why would anyone want to sign for us?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Can't see Barnsley selling us Watkins this window on 12:21 - Jan 18 with 547 viewsElderGrizzly

Can't see Barnsley selling us Watkins this window on 12:13 - Jan 18 by Kieran_Knows

I can't understand why they let so many contracts run down though? Surely after our bid last summer, you'd be offering him a new deal straight away? Totally agree with what you saying, however player power and all that these days, they might not have a choice.

You would presume they have plans in place for selling players. Yeah I saw that, that didn't go down well!

Difficult I guess for them contract wise. Just come up, so can't commit too much in case they go back down? And players maybe waiting to see how they do as well before committing

Rock and a hard place and similar to us when we let contracts run down during the Clegg years.
Can't see Barnsley selling us Watkins this window on 12:21 - Jan 18 with 533 viewsIllinoisblue

Can't see Barnsley selling us Watkins this window on 12:11 - Jan 18 by itfcjoe

And people think relegation would be a good thing for us - this is what happens even if you get back up

relegation might be the only thing that breaks the current spell of slowing sliding further into the quicksand. Imagine all those new grounds in League 1, new away days, rattling in some goals and actually winning a few games... of course, we could go all Coventry too.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

Can't see Barnsley selling us Watkins this window on 12:22 - Jan 18 with 516 viewsKieran_Knows

Can't see Barnsley selling us Watkins this window on 12:21 - Jan 18 by ElderGrizzly

Difficult I guess for them contract wise. Just come up, so can't commit too much in case they go back down? And players maybe waiting to see how they do as well before committing

Rock and a hard place and similar to us when we let contracts run down during the Clegg years.

That's a good point. You'd have thought though leading up to the January transfer window they may have renewed them though? Given where they currently sit in the table. Apparently Sam Winnall told the board he wanted to leave last month.

Can't see Barnsley selling us Watkins this window on 12:27 - Jan 18 with 491 viewsElderGrizzly

Can't see Barnsley selling us Watkins this window on 12:22 - Jan 18 by Kieran_Knows

That's a good point. You'd have thought though leading up to the January transfer window they may have renewed them though? Given where they currently sit in the table. Apparently Sam Winnall told the board he wanted to leave last month.

You can only renew if the players want to as well though.

I'm sure Winnall's agent had made him aware of the sort of wages Sheff Wed could be offering and that was enough to turn his head.

Same with Hourihane, if rumours of £28k a week at Villa are true. Apparently a 400% increase for him.
Can't see Barnsley selling us Watkins this window on 12:28 - Jan 18 with 478 viewsKieran_Knows

Can't see Barnsley selling us Watkins this window on 12:27 - Jan 18 by ElderGrizzly

You can only renew if the players want to as well though.

I'm sure Winnall's agent had made him aware of the sort of wages Sheff Wed could be offering and that was enough to turn his head.

Same with Hourihane, if rumours of £28k a week at Villa are true. Apparently a 400% increase for him.

Yer, i'm sure once he heard of them figures, which was 4 times what he was on, it was clear that he wanted to leave.

I presume we'll see about Watkins, either way, if ME/IM are going to stick with MM, that may be there only option but to back Mick now and 'try' to appease fans (although I appreciate that probably won't happen).

Can't see Barnsley selling us Watkins this window on 12:31 - Jan 18 with 458 viewsElderGrizzly

Can't see Barnsley selling us Watkins this window on 12:28 - Jan 18 by Kieran_Knows

Yer, i'm sure once he heard of them figures, which was 4 times what he was on, it was clear that he wanted to leave.

I presume we'll see about Watkins, either way, if ME/IM are going to stick with MM, that may be there only option but to back Mick now and 'try' to appease fans (although I appreciate that probably won't happen).

I'm not convinced throwing money at Mick in terms of signings will appease fans. I think where we are now, you're throwing good money after bad.

I want Mick to succeed, but I can't see how right now, especially with the run of games coming up. Too much said and done right now for him to haul this back.

Even if a new manager got the same results over the rest of the season, he'd have more 'understanding' from a huge section of fans
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024